Thread: For all the O-Line Mommas

Default For all the O-Line Mommas

Talk about gellin'! The O-Line has done it, and they are not anonymous. Just like Fenroy, Babb, Tyler, and Sampy have names Mommas like to hear so do J. Ernest, J. Newman, T. Falter, W. Chance, G. Hodges, and B. Cox. Z. Leger has helped too. Give 'em some recognition because they may have won the Offensive Player of the Week as a unit, but they are individuals that have done their jobs together well.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: For all the O-Line Mommas

Quote Originally Posted by luvthegame2
    Talk about gellin'! The O-Line has done it, and they are not anonymous. Just like Fenroy, Babb, Tyler, and Sampy have names Mommas like to hear so do J. Ernest, J. Newman, T. Falter, W. Chance, G. Hodges, and B. Cox. Z. Leger has helped too. Give 'em some recognition because they may have won the Offensive Player of the Week as a unit, but they are individuals that have done their jobs together well.
    The offensive line has been rock solid this year....An amazing job!

Congrats..

Z.

UL Football Re: For all the O-Line Mommas

I AGREE! THESE BOYS ESPECIALLY NEED THE RECOGNITION. VERY SELDOM DO YOU HEAR THEIR NAMES OR SEE PICTURES OF THEM IN THE NEWSPAPER. THEY ARE A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    The offensive line has been rock solid this year....An amazing job!

Congrats..

Z.

My dad played tackle (OL) in college at LA Tech, so I am very familiar with how important the linemen are. Also I played QB for a couple of years (in HS) and appreciate the job they do. Nothing happens if the line doesn't do their job, no matter how much talent you have at the "skill" positions. Even though I played QB & WR (so-called skill positions), I always felt that the linemen don't get their proper recognition. It takes a LOT of skill, as well as strength & agility, to play the line positions properly.

KUDOS to the entire offensive line corps!!!

5. Default Re: For all the O-Line Mommas

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    My dad played tackle (OL) in college at LA Tech, so I am very familiar with how important the linemen are. Also I played QB for a couple of years (in HS) and appreciate the job they do. Nothing happens if the line doesn't do their job, no matter how much talent you have at the "skill" positions. Even though I played QB & WR (so-called skill positions), I always felt that the linemen don't get their proper recognition. It takes a LOT of skill, as well as strength & agility, to play the line positions properly.

KUDOS to the entire offensive line corps!!!

They are terrible--just get their ||| out of the way---Have stopped too many runs---Yes I am kidding---Thank YOu Big Dudes!!!!!!

UL Football Re: For all the O-Line Mommas

I'll bet at least one of those proud mamas was in Denton, as well as a proud papa. Of course I am referring to senior center Greg Hodges who is from the Metroplex. Of course they make most of the Cajun games no matter where they are played, and a lot of the preseason fall practices. What a great young man Greg is and what a great family he comes from. The Ragin Cajun fans and especially me, Fish, will truely miss these nice folks. Hope to see ya'll out at Cajun field this weekend for senior day. (bring Kleenexes)

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish
    I'll bet at least one of those proud mamas was in Denton, as well as a proud papa. Of course I am referring to senior center Greg Hodges who is from the Metroplex. Of course they make most of the Cajun games no matter where they are played, and a lot of the preseason fall practices. What a great young man Greg is and what a great family he comes from. The Ragin Cajun fans and especially me, Fish, will truely miss these nice folks. Hope to see ya'll out at Cajun field this weekend for senior day. (bring Kleenexes)
    THANK YOU

I kind of have a crush on Greg Hodges! He is such a polite young man and now my husband calls me Mrs. Robinson!

He really is a kind kid and I was impressed with how I saw him interact with young kids. basically I think I have respect for the boy- not really a crush!

Also my 9 year old plays O and D line, only because he's big enough and knows the rules! You often hear the crowd yell for the receivers and QB, the lines do get lost in the shuffle.

Crawfish, I have to agree with you about the Hodges. Not only are they supportive of their son but the entire team as well. They were at the UT game and had other family members there as well. Also, Brandon Cox's family had an entourage at the game. I think both of these Texas families are wonderful and it is always a pleasure to be around them. These young men are helping to build a winning tradition at UL. As parents we are proud of our kids and proud to be a part of this team. So lets all bring a friend to the last home game and fill the Swamp with that wonderful Cajun spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer
    They are terrible--just get their ||| out of the way---Have stopped too many runs---Yes I am kidding---Thank YOu Big Dudes!!!!!!

This kid has had a couple meals at my house. Fantastic young man. Great parents.

I actually have a few photos of Greg's Momma that I planned on getting to them after the season. They are taken from behind when she was cheering her heart out!

I don't know how to reach the Momma and thought I may try to catch up with her Saturday???

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux clotille
    I actually have a few photos of Greg's Momma that I planned on getting to them after the season. They are taken from behind when she was cheering her heart out!

I don't know how to reach the Momma and thought I may try to catch up with her Saturday???
    You can always find them near the Alumni Tent for the Cajun Walk before the game and in section B during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundad70
    Crawfish, I have to agree with you about the Hodges. Not only are they supportive of their son but the entire team as well. They were at the UT game and had other family members there as well. Also, Brandon Cox's family had an entourage at the game. I think both of these Texas families are wonderful and it is always a pleasure to be around them. These young men are helping to build a winning tradition at UL. As parents we are proud of our kids and proud to be a part of this team. So lets all bring a friend to the last home game and fill the Swamp with that wonderful Cajun spirit.

I agree with you about these great guys, to be honest, you could be talking about every OLineman I have met. They are mannerly and polite and some of them are even shy! They are assets to the university as we as the team and would all interview well. It would be great if the paper and media understood that. As if they read my mind, there is a nice article in today's (11/10/05) Advertiser on Brandon Cox.

15. Default Re: For all the O-Line Mommas

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Ya-Ya
    I AGREE! THESE BOYS ESPECIALLY NEED THE RECOGNITION. VERY SELDOM DO YOU HEAR THEIR NAMES OR SEE PICTURES OF THEM IN THE NEWSPAPER. THEY ARE A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS.
    They sure are.

Leaders in every sense.

ps love your name
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thread Information