Page 1 of 213 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: PreGame 2011 New Orleans Bowl - Walking To New Orleans

Default PreGame 2011 New Orleans Bowl - Walking To New Orleans

I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but it is my understanding that the MAJORITY of the payout from ANY bowl game is based on the number of tickets sold by the participating schools. Each school is given a SMALL amount of money up front and "X" number of tickets to sell. The SMALL amount of money given and the value of the tickets added together equals the published payout by the bowl. However, the participating school only gets the additional money from the tickets it sells. I guess all of the Bowls should actually publish the payouts as "potential payouts". THEREFORE, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT, WHEN TICKETS GO ON SALE, ALL CAJUN FANS BUY THEM DIRECTLY FROM UL!!!!! If you purchase tickets through Ticketmaster or directly through the N.O. Bowl or any other source, UL will not get credit and therefore loose money from those sales. If we don't want UL to loose money from this bowl experience, we must educate others of this situation.

When the time is right, I'm sure Scott Farmer and his staff will do their best to get the word out to Cajun fans on what they want them to do regarding the Bowl ticket sales.

Default Re: N.O. Bowl Tickets

We just need to make sure that the word gets out ON HERE so that all out-of town CAJUNS, myself included , get the opportunity to buy tickets from the Athletic Office.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    We just need to make sure that the word gets out ON HERE so that all out-of town CAJUNS, myself included , get the opportunity to buy tickets from the Athletic Office.
    That is why I decided to start this thread.

4. Default

This should be fun.

Any idea how much these tickets run and how hard is it to get decent = good seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but it is my understanding that the MAJORITY of the payout from ANY bowl game is based on the number of tickets sold by the participating schools. Each school is given a SMALL amount of money up front and "X" number of tickets to sell. The SMALL amount of money given and the value of the tickets added together equals the published payout by the bowl. However, the participating school only gets the additional money from the tickets it sells. I guess all of the Bowls should actually publish the payouts as "potential payouts". THEREFORE, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT, WHEN TICKETS GO ON SALE, ALL CAJUN FANS BUY THEM DIRECTLY FROM UL!!!!! If you purchase tickets through Ticketmaster or directly through the N.O. Bowl or any other source, UL will not get credit and therefore loose money from those sales. If we don't want UL to loose money from this bowl experience, we must educate others of this situation.

When the time is right, I'm sure Scott Farmer and his staff will do their best to get the word out to Cajun fans on what they want them to do regarding the Bowl ticket sales.
    For emphasis.

Can we sticky this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Any idea how much these tickets run and how hard is it to get decent = good seats?
    Tickets are worth the price and it want be hard to get a good seat. Not in the Super Dome if that is where we will be going.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    For emphasis.

Can we sticky this thread?
    If UL sells their allotment & the bowl comittee or other team can't sell theirs, does anyone know if UL takes those other tickets & sells them would they get the money for that or do they have to cut it 20 different ways?

9. Default Re: N.O. Bowl Tickets

50/50 split.

Anyone have any idea of what they'll cost?

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    No idea on the cost, but even if they are 500 a seat, better believe i'm going!!! If you have followed this program and university for as long as some people have, myself included, whatever the price is will be well worth the cost to see.

I don't have a clue, but if I were to guess I would guess somewhere between $45.00 & $65.00.

I read an article a couple of nights back that said they averaged $58 per ticket last year. I would think low end would be about $30 and high end maybe $75 or so. Dependent on seat location.

Start putting aside your dollar bills y'all.

I wnet to the Texas Bowl 3 0r 4 years ago when Rutgers played Kansas st.(Ray Rice Sr.). Those tickets were $44.00. Mid level 30 yard line. Probably not the cheapest.

Default Do not buy NO Bowl Tickets yet

Just went to New Orleans Bowl.com. Clicked on tickets and it redirected me to ticket master. $40.00 +$8.55.

I'm sure this will be the same price when they allot them to the teams envolved.

Page 1 of 213 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information