102. This poll is closed
  • Yes

77 75.49%
  • No

25 24.51%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fenroy Rushing: Will he make 1000 . . . YES

UL Football Fenroy Rushing: Will he make 1000 . . . YES

With Fenroy rushing for 102 against UNT, he has brought his total on the year to 759 rushing yards, do you think he will be able to be the first 1000 yard RB

Yes .
    No

UL Football Re: Rushing Total

Quote Originally Posted by TheInsider
    With Fenroy rushing for 102 against UNT, he has brought his total on the year to 759 rushing yards, do you think he will be able to be the first 1000 yard RB

Yes .
    No
    Bustle needs to not take him out for quite so long. Yes, give him breaks but not for quite so long. Hopefully we will have a great crowd this coming Sat against FIU and Fenroy runs for 200+ yards!!

DaddyCajun

Default Re: Rushing Total

How nice it would have been for him to potentially break the record at home. But a potential 1000 yard rushing game in Monroe is something I will travel 3 hours to see.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08
    How nice it would have been for him to potentially break the record at home. But a potential 1000 yard rushing game in Monroe is something I will travel 3 hours to see.
    I know our running game has improved, but man, I think rushing for 1000 in one game is asking for a little too much.

Everything in me wants to say that yes, he will do it, but with only two games left, I voted no. Now, if he comes out against FIU and drops 150, then Monroe doesn't have a prayer at stopping him from getting it. But I think it's irrelevant whether he gets it this year or not.he's going to have the highest rushing total of any Cajun back in a loooong time, and he's only a TRUE FRESHMAN. With Deon Wallace being able to play next season and Fenroy having another year of experience under his belt, I can guarantee that we've yet to see the best of our running game. Bustle's offense was always designed to be a run-first one, and now that we've got a bruiser with some speed that breaks tackles, the offensive line loves making holes for him which really makes the offense go (especially with Babb back in to air it out on occasion). Things are headed up.

UL Football Re: Rushing Total

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux
    Everything in me wants to say that yes, he will do it, but with only two games left, I voted no. Now, if he comes out against FIU and drops 150, then Monroe doesn't have a prayer at stopping him from getting it. But I think it's irrelevant whether he gets it this year or not.he's going to have the highest rushing total of any Cajun back in a loooong time, and he's only a TRUE FRESHMAN. With Deon Wallace being able to play next season and Fenroy having another year of experience under his belt, I can guarantee that we've yet to see the best of our running game. Bustle's offense was always designed to be a run-first one, and now that we've got a bruiser with some speed that breaks tackles, the offensive line loves making holes for him which really makes the offense go (especially with Babb back in to air it out on occasion). Things are headed up.
    RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Fenroy Rushing Total

The surest way for Fenroy to get his 1,000 yards for the season is to have a 200-yard game this weekend against FIU. That way, the pressure will be off in Monroe and he can concentrate more on helping the CAJUNS win a Conference Championship!!!!!

Default Re: Fenroy Rushing Total

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun
    The surest way for Fenroy to get his 1,000 yards for the season is to have a 200-yard game this weekend against FIU. That way, the pressure will be off in Monroe and he can concentrate more on helping the CAJUNS win a Conference Championship!!!!!
    That would work for me!

He doesn't need to worry about getting to a 1,000 yards at all.if it happens it happens but the number 1 thing is for UL to win the next 2 games!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Bustle needs to not take him out for quite so long. Yes, give him breaks but not for quite so long. Hopefully we will have a great crowd this coming Sat against FIU and Fenroy runs for 200+ yards!!

DaddyCajun

I agree, this guy is a horse and you don't scratch the derby entry!

Did Brian Mitchell not ever hit 1,000 yds???

Quote Originally Posted by showdog
    Did Brian Mitchell not ever hit 1,000 yds???
    He did, but no RUNNING BACK has ever had a 1,000 yard season. Mitchell, of course, was a quarterback. And Fenroy may or may not get to 1,000 this year, but he WILL be our first 1,000 yard RB (if not this year, then at least next year).

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    He doesn't need to worry about getting to a 1,000 yards at all.if it happens it happens but the number 1 thing is for UL to win the next 2 games!!!
    THANK YOU SIR, FINALLY SOMEONE FINALLY GET IT.WE HAVE A STABLE (IF I MAY SAY SO) FULL AND LETS NOT FORGET BECAUSE NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT what about the offensive line!
    HOW SWEET IT IS.

Yes, he did but he was a quarterback. The Cajuns have never had a running back with a 1000 yards.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Rushing Total

If Fenroy doesn't get it this year don't worry, he'll get it the next 3 years! Man it will be great watching him grow into an NFL runningback.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61
    Yes, he did but he was a quarterback. The Cajuns have never had a running back with a 1000 yards.

15. UL Football Re: Fenroy Rushing Total. Will he make 1000

It took Tyrell Fenroy a few weeks to become an overnight sensation, and even he didn't expect to become the bell cow in the Louisiana offense.

But in the Ragin' Cajuns' last three games, he's been the man to the tune of 405 rushing yards and seven touchdowns.

"I thought I'd have a chance to play," the freshman from LaPlace and St. Charles Catholic said, "but maybe not this many reps."

Cajun coaches figured the 5-foot-10, 185-pounder would be a piece of the running game puzzle, but not necessarily make all those pieces fall together.

Fenroy enters Saturday's pivotal game at UL Monroe with 889 rush yards, the third-highest single-season total in school history. He needs 111 yards to become the Cajuns' first 1,000-yard running back.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information