View Poll Results: Attendance at Blackham this Season!

Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • 4000-4500

5 8.62%
  • 4501-5000

9 15.52%
  • 5001-5500

11 18.97%
  • 5501-6000

10 17.24%
  • 6001-Packed house!!!!!!!

23 39.66%

Thread: Poll, What will Attendance at Blackham be this season?

UL Football Poll, What will Attendance at Blackham be this season?

Guess, Blackham attendance this year!!!

Default Re: Poll, What will Attendance at Blackham be this season?

Anything less than a packed house is unacceptable. This year will be exciting!

UL Basketball Re: Poll, What will Attendance at Blackham be this season?

Correct.
    For those of you that do not know, this team/year is going to be something to remember, and we all need to be at every game. Especially the games in Blackham!

I just hope they Frebrezed the whole place to get rid of the cow smell.

For those of you who are ignorant to the status of the Coliseum and to prevent you from detering others who may want to come but do not because they think the building is not up to date, here goes.

If you had not read my post about the Blackham Update, then you are out of the loop. The Coliseum has been completely re-done. From cleaning, to a new paint job, to all lights being fixed/checked, sound system put in, etc. etc. etc. etc. the list really does go on and on. Oh, and #1, it does not smell like cows, or anything at all except what every other building smells like.

Just seeing the Coliseum's updates is enough to make some people come out, and then getting the chance to see the Cajuns play this year! I dont see why we dont have all of Lafayette at the door. This is going to be a team to remember.

Everyone better be at the exhibition game on Thursday, and every home game thereafter, especially Charlotte on Dec. 3!

Geaux Cajuns! The Coliseum Rocks

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun
    For those of you who are ignorant to the status of the Coliseum and to prevent you from detering others who may want to come but do not because they think the building is not up to date, here goes.

If you had not read my post about the Blackham Update, then you are out of the loop. The Coliseum has been completely re-done. From cleaning, to a new paint job, to all lights being fixed/checked, sound system put in, etc. etc. etc. etc. the list really does go on and on. Oh, and #1, it does not smell like cows, or anything at all except what every other building smells like.

Just seeing the Coliseum's updates is enough to make some people come out, and then getting the chance to see the Cajuns play this year! I dont see why we dont have all of Lafayette at the door. This is going to be a team to remember.

Everyone better be at the exhibition game on Thursday, and every home game thereafter, especially Charlotte on Dec. 3!

Geaux Cajuns! The Coliseum Rocks

I am pumped!!!!!!!!!!!! I am there, first this Thursday, then the Swamp Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and the Tigue inbetween!!!

DaddyCajun

what is the difference in seating capacity between CD and BC?

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano
    what is the difference in seating capacity between CD and BC?
    The newly configured BC seats about half of what the CD seats.

pardon my ignorance on the subject, but how many people do we usually get into the CD even for big games?

pardon my ignorance on the subject, but how many people do we usually get into the CD even for big games?
    I haven't been a regular at the CD for many years now, since I lived in Maryland, then the Gonzales area, & now Mandeville. But from my limited observations and reading the attendance figures, it looks like we range from a low of about 3,500-4,000 to a high of about 6-7,000. We have had some games top 10,000. But not too often. It seems there was a big decline in support about the time we moved into the Cajundome. At Blackham prior to the "death penalty" (1973), we would almost routinely draw 7-8,000 and pack 9-10,000 for Big Games. Usually between semesters we'd dip to about 5,000. After the team came back (1975), the attendance was a little bit down, but came back pretty strong within a year or two. Not quite as much because A) our teams weren't quite as good as the earlier ones, B) LSU discovered that there were other sports besides football and spring football, and C) I-10 opened between Lafayette and BR. In the move to the Cajundome in 1986, many long-time season ticket holders felt they were being shafted in the transition (including the implementation of the additional requirement of joining the Ragin' Cajun Club for certain seats). Many balked at the idea and dropped their ticket purchase. Unfortunately at the same time, the Cajun basketball team which had just recently been very successful (beat #1 Georgetown, won the Great Alaska Shootout, won the Sugar Bowl tournament - beating Kansas & Michigan State, & made the Final 4 of the NIT all in the early 80's), had a down-turn with a bit of team turmoil. All of this left a bad taste in many people's mouths. So the Cajundome's first few seasons were a bit lackluster. The new building also felt sooooo big compared to Blackham. It seemed to lose that intimacy and the games felt like they lacked that old Blackham electricity. We seemed to lose both the quality of the teams and the special feelings of the game atmosphere at the same time. Some blamed the move to the CD, others blamed the decline of the team. I think it was a chicken-or-the-egg kind of thing. I personally like the Cajundome better, but you can't beat the atmosphere at ole Blackham back in the olden days!

I think the transition back to BC (temporarily) is an omen of good things to come this year! I wish I could be there tonight. If this team gets its act together (not saying it hasn't - just that there is a new team chemistry that needs time to be established), it could be a very special year in Ragin' Cajun basketball!

11. Default Re: Poll, What will Attendance at Blackham be this season?

Varies from 3,000 to 8,000

The low end is pre-conference, conference games hover between 4000 and 5,000 and a good opponent out of conference opponent or a game for the championship can reach the high end.

If and when there is a marquee game that might determine seeding in the NCAA tourney you may see a sell out.

imo Blackham is perfect for pre conference.

I think it would be a cool tradition play all pre-conference games at blackham. break out some throwback jerseys. (short shorts not necessary)

Thread Information