Thread: Ragin' Cajuns visit defending champs dreaming of title

1. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns visit defending champs dreaming of title

DENTON, Texas - Could this be the one?

Could today's game finally mark the turning point for the Louisiana Ragin' Cajun football team, one in which the Cajuns finally win a meaningful late-season road game?

Could the UL squad actually, no kidding, become a factor in the Sun Belt Conference race?

Or, are the last-second victories of the past two weeks just smoke and mirrors?

The Cajuns will either be contenders or pretenders when today's 6 p.m. league battle at four-time Sun Belt champion North Texas wraps up, and there won't be any gray area.

A victory puts UL (3-5, 2-2 Sun Belt) squarely into the conference picture with two games to go. A loss to the Mean Green (2-5, 2-1 Sun Belt) ends not only the hopes of league titles and postseason play, but also of the coveted winning season.

"Our kids know what this game means," said Cajun coach Rickey Bustle. "But we're not changing our approach. It's still one day at a time, one game at a time."

That approach has worked the last two weeks in wins at Middle Tennessee (13-10) and last week's Homecoming victory over Troy (31-28 in overtime). And if the numbers mean anything, the Cajuns could be on track for their first win over UNT since the Sun Belt began football wars in 2001.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns visit defending champs dreaming of title

Tonight is the night that either changes the course of UL football or keeps the ball stalled.

GEAUX FOR CHANGE

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns visit defending champs dreaming of title

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron
    Tonight is the night that either changes the course of UL football or keeps the ball stalled.

GEAUX FOR CHANGE

Yep, you're right! I've been holding my breath for this game. It is one where we probably should win (on paper at least), but it will take an unprecedented (for us) effort to win at Denton. This game scares me because it has so much potential for changing the perception of our program. It would be a great hurdle to get over. But it would be easy to see it slip out of our hands, as has so often been the case in the past 10 or so years. I am cautiously optimistic that we will finally break through and get a W tonight!

Geaux Ragin' Cajuns!!!!

Thread Information