Thread: Houston Nutt out at Ole Miss

Default Houston Nutt out at Ole Miss

http://espn.go.com/college-football/.ch-sources-say

Wonder what the short list looks like?

Default Re: Houston Nutt out at Ole Miss

Just guessing here .but why not Leach?

While i dont want them to hire him, they are morons if Hud is not on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Just guessing here .but why not Leach?
    Just a thought, but SEC teams may be reluctant to hire Leach due to his lawsuit against ESPN, and the SEC's tv contract with them. Purely speculation, but it would make sense

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Boys, "it aint a thang till its a thang." Lets not start running around with our hair on fire!!!

Z

ps this intended for future posts in this thread. Please, the sky is not falling.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    While i dont want them to hire him, they are morons if Hud is not on the list.
    absolutely!

This is good news, it's a year or two early. Now I'm worried about Tennessee the timing will be perfect for that one

Rumors also saying there AD Boone will be asked to step down by alumni and supporters.

I don't think they'll have Hud on their list.

My guess would be:

Skip Holtz (South Florida)
    Larry Fedora (Southern Miss)
    Mike Leach
    Gus Malzahn (Auburn)

I sure hope you are right of Hud not being on their wishlist.

My guess would be:

Mike Leach
    Gus Malzahn (Auburn)

Jeff Duncan Times-Picayune reporting Archie Manning & Fed Ex Vp Mike Glenn to lead up search committee for next Ole Miss coach.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    This is good news, it's a year or two early. Now I'm worried about Tennessee the timing will be perfect for that one
    I'm with you on this . this was the best time (for us) for this firing to take place. Maybe we'll be able to thank LATECH for Tennessee; maybe they'll be hesitant to hire a second coach from Louisiana!

My guess would be:

Mike Leach
    Gus Malzahn (Auburn)
    Nice list. Hearing Malzahn (former walk-on receiver at Arkansas) is an early front-runner given the results at Tulsa, Arkansas and Auburn as offensive coordinator, although his lack of head coaching experience at the college level could be a concern to some.

Leach would be an interesting fit with his wide-open offense, bigger-than-life personality and coaching experience in the SEC (Kentucky, where he helped turn Tim Couch into the top pick in the 1999 NFL draft), but the school would likely ask him to drop lawsuit against ESPN.

Holtz worked under his dad at South Carolina and has won at East Carolina and South Florida.

Fedora was an offensive coordinator at Florida, has won consistently at Southern Miss with an exciting-to-watch offense and has strong ties in the state. Southern Miss just cracked into the top 25, too.

I wouldn't count out Freeze or Hudspeth being in the mix. Really depends on how much Ole Miss wants to spend and how confident some of the candidates feel about the school's leadership.

I was told by a source close to the team that HUD was offered a $10 Million signing bonus already to sign with Ole Miss and he turned it down (supposedly). I don't know what to believe anymore but this news surely does not surprise me if true.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information