Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RUSHING: UL Ranked 5th Nationally

1. UL Football RUSHING: UL Ranked 5th Nationally

The Ragin' Cajuns are ranked 10th nationally in rushing this week with a 227.4 average yards per game. Fenroy is tied for 55th nationally with 80.0 yards per game, and Desormeaux is 72nd with a 71.8 average.

UL's 1,819 team rushing yards this year is already the most since 1995 when the Cajuns totaled 1,970 ground yards. It's also in range of the school record of 2,273 season rushing yards, a mark set way back in 1951.

source

LINK changes weekly

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: RUSHING: UL Ranked 10th Nationally

Good news.Go Cajuns

3. Default Re: RUSHING: UL Ranked 10th Nationally

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    Good news.Go Cajuns
    Can Fenroy get 1000yards this year??

The offensive line has been doing a fantastic job this year. The new offensive line coach is doing a great job. Fenroy definitely has a chance at 1000 yards this year.

when you are bottom of the barrell in passing, this stat isnt so good. it means you have no balance. you are a gimmick option team like a navy or air force. sorry, but its true. Personally, I have no problem with this teams that don't have as much talent have only one other way to suceed. scheme. look at Utah the last few years. look at Navy. however, our version of the spread option is pretty weak compared to other teams. it is very vanilla and very predictable. we need a few more wrinkles to be sucessful with it (more screens, reverses, roll the pocket instead of straight dropbacks, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano
    when you are bottom of the barrell in passing, this stat isnt so good. it means you have no balance. you are a gimmick option team like a navy or air force. sorry, but its true. Personally, I have no problem with this teams that don't have as much talent have only one other way to suceed. scheme. look at Utah the last few years. look at Navy. however, our version of the spread option is pretty weak compared to other teams. it is very vanilla and very predictable. we need a few more wrinkles to be sucessful with it (more screens, reverses, roll the pocket instead of straight dropbacks, etc)
    And I think you will see more of this as MD matures and gains experience. Tough to give a freshman QB the entire playbook all at once. Personally, I'm impressed with our running game. I'd be much more worried if we couldn't run and were forced to pass too much. At least the imbalance in running allows us to chew up the clock and give the defense time to rest/recover.

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    And I think you will see more of this as MD matures and gains experience. Tough to give a freshman QB the entire playbook all at once. Personally, I'm impressed with our running game. I'd be much more worried if we couldn't run and were forced to pass too much. At least the imbalance in running allows us to chew up the clock and give the defense time to rest/recover.

Also, this shows that we are controlling the ball and setting the mood of the game. Hence our two wins in a row andno comment on the game 3 back

Would much rather be at the top in running than at the top in passing. A run game is what this team has been needing for years now!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: RUSHING: UL Ranked 10th Nationally

If our WR's wouldn't put so many balls on the ground.your comment would be moot.We are attempting to put the ball in the air, just way too many dropped passes!

9. UL Football 9th Nationally

Yahoo has the sortable rushing list LINK

Default Re: 9th Nationally

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Yahoo has the sortable rushing list LINK
    Not bad at all! Total yds/game we are around #60. Only Ark St is higher in SBC teams by about 12 yds/game. But I love the way we have rushed the ball this year. And I think the OL likes this more than pass blocking too. They just get to line up and push people off the ball.

Default Re: 9th Nationally

Our rushing offense keeps the defense off the field. Keeps the defense ready to go.

12. Default 4th most prolific

Louisiana is currently ranked 4th in the NATION !!!!!

I project a 5th ranked finish as we have played 10 games and the 7th ranked team is only 91 yards behind us with one less game played.

There are a couple of (9 games played) teams that if they rush for 323 and 350 respectivly can pass (err rush) by us in their 10th game next week.

LINK

If you can run, you keep running until they stop you. We are not being stopped. We're eating up clock & keeping our defense fresh.

14. Default Re: RUSHING: UL Ranked 10th Nationally

when you are bottom of the barrell in passing, this stat isnt so good. it means you have no balance.
    Desormeaux's early problems not withstanding you have a good point. Except . . .

Of the top 10 rushing teams in the country only USC, Texas, Memphis, and Air Force have a better pass completion percentage than does Louisiana Là.

Of those 4, UL trails only the first opponent of the season in rushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Desormeaux's early problems not withstanding you have a good point. Except . . .

Of the top 10 rushing teams in the country only USC, Texas, Memphis, and Air Force have a better pass completion percentage than does Louisiana Là.

Of those 4, UL trails only the first opponent of the season in rushing.
    You might want to consider the level of competition in these types of discussions. I am ecstatic about winning 4 in a row but we are hardly playing the cream of the crop in collegiate football.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information