Poll: Who should be our starting QB next week?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: QB CONTROVERSY?

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: QB CONTROVERSY?

I was just making a point when you said that game winning drive at MTSU. You can't expect a team to win when your offense scores 6 points in 3 quarters. The defense did a great job holding them to 10 points. We should be scoring more than 10 points a game if we expect to win any ball games. Was the game winning drive nice? Yes, but we shouldn't have 6 points heading into the 4th quarter and expect to win that game. That's all sorry if I got you upset.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    The defense has made improvements there is no doubt about that! But i would not hand them the game ball when you have a true freshmen who ran for 156 yards and three touchdowns!And at that Middle game without the game winning drive we lose! The defense held a team from scoring in 25 seconds,thats what college defense are supposed to do!

Default Re: QB CONTROVERSY?

Quote Originally Posted by studentfan
    I agree you play the hot hand, I was just saying that the drops shouldn't happen and that you have to throw it sometime or else they'll put 9 in the box and make you throw it.
    This is Babb's junior season and we only score 10 points against that great Eastern Michigan defense. I guess it was because the receivers dropped balls in that game. I said we should start Desormeaux.

I was just making a point when you said that game winning drive at MTSU. You can't expect a team to win when your offense scores 6 points in 3 quarters. The defense did a great job holding them to 10 points. We should be scoring more than 10 points a game if we expect to win any ball games. Was the game winning drive nice? Yes, but we shouldn't have 6 points heading into the 4th quarter and expect to win that game. That's all sorry if I got you upset.

You are right, but that is one game! people will stop you eventually. However our rushing is ranked tenth nationally. Our offense is fine and is only going to get better! Who cares about Jerry or MD we will be fine with either. Our runningbacks are unbelievable and we have not even seen them all yet! DEFENSE is the problem. What big name on defense are you looking forward to next year? I cant think of any! This entire conference has weak defenses. Everyone can score in the sunbelt. If we put together a defense with the talent we have on the O side of the ball, we would be unstoppable. We would be the new north texas of the conference for the next four years at least.

I agree with you, that's why we need about 8 of the 12 (I think) scholarships on the defensive side of the ball this offseason. If the defense was playing like they were for Middle Tennessee game, we would have about 3 more wins. With almost all of the offensive components coming back next year, we can do amazing things with a couple of jucos to help us out now, and some high school prospects for the future of the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    You are right, but that is one game! people will stop you eventually. However our rushing is ranked tenth nationally. Our offense is fine and is only going to get better! Who cares about Jerry or MD we will be fine with either. Our runningbacks are unbelievable and we have not even seen them all yet! DEFENSE is the problem. What big name on defense are you looking forward to next year? I cant think of any! This entire conference has weak defenses. Everyone can score in the sunbelt. If we put together a defense with the talent we have on the O side of the ball, we would be unstoppable. We would be the new north texas of the conference for the next four years at least.

I agree with you, that's why we need about 8 of the 12 (I think) scholarships on the defensive side of the ball this offseason. If the defense was playing like they were for Middle Tennessee game, we would have about 3 more wins. With almost all of the offensive components coming back next year, we can do amazing things with a couple of jucos to help us out now, and some high school prospects for the future of the defense.
    The Gridiron Alumni is working on funding one 4 year scholarship per year for a walk -on player. Many walk-ons end up being awesome and the idea is for the group to sort of mentor him and let him know he has support from guys who have been there.

There are a couple of reasons why the defense is playing better now than at the first half of the season.personnel & scheme. As to jucos, Bustle has signed several every year & has had mixed success, as normally happens when you take this route. For every Brown & Spann, you have some who don't make it to the spring or fall. They have to start or contribute immediately, or your program is doomed. It's not a path to long term success. You need to recruit players who will be in your program for 4 or 5 years. See Miss State.

I agree, I see the players that don't make it and hurt your program by taking a scholarship away for one year. That's why I said we need a couple (like 2-3) and some high school players.

Quote Originally Posted by geauxboy
    There are a couple of reasons why the defense is playing better now than at the first half of the season.personnel & scheme. As to jucos, Bustle has signed several every year & has had mixed success, as normally happens when you take this route. For every Brown & Spann, you have some who don't make it to the spring or fall. They have to start or contribute immediately, or your program is doomed. It's not a path to long term success. You need to recruit players who will be in your program for 4 or 5 years. See Miss State.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom
    This is Babb's junior season and we only score 10 points against that great Eastern Michigan defense. I guess it was because the receivers dropped balls in that game. I said we should start Desormeaux.
    How many turnovers did we have in that game?Six!Why didn't the off line block as well for that game?The whole team played pretty bad that game, not just Jerry.Look,it's pretty simple.If Babb is not completely healthy,then he should not get all the snaps.But make no mistake about it,the offense is limited with Desormeaux at QB.And any decent defensive coordinator will make adjustments to stop the option offense.This is why this offense has struggled in the second half the last two weeks.Bottomline, this offense is way more balanced and dangerous with a healthy Babb at the helm.Ask any def.Coordinator in the SunBelt.

Micheal is developing into a great QB, but i think he still has a little way to go. At last saturdays game against Troy when Babb come into the game i felt a lot more relax. He just seems to be more comfortable in the pocket. He also seem like he reads the defense better. But i think we can win with either but for right now im more comfortable with Babb. GO CAJUNS.

UL Football Re: QB CONTROVERSY?

Dropped balls or not, this is a college football team. You shouldn't have receivers in their who can't catch the ball. Also, you shouldn't have a QB in there that isn't 100%, especially when you have a backup QB that has great upside if you let him play. Mike will get the job done with his athleticism. He opens the field up with his legs, and his passing will come with experience. Cajun football will be fun to watch over the next couple of years but as for this year I think you stick with what's working during the course of the game, don't crush your momentum by taking the hot hand out of the gamemakes absolutely no sense to me!!! Stelly and Richie keep up the good work, love the posts!!!

11. Default Re: QB CONTROVERSY?

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux clotille
    The Gridiron Alumni is working on funding one 4 year scholarship per year for a walk -on player. Many walk-ons end up being awesome and the idea is for the group to sort of mentor him and let him know he has support from guys who have been there.
    Awesome

12. Default Re: QB CONTROVERSY?

I believe start babb and run the ball. the mometum changed not because babb was in at quarterback but because we stopped running the ball. when babb was in how many times was a running play called.

Why not get him in the game, have the defence have to honor the pass and let fenroy run. we put him in with rust and had him throw every down what is wrong with that picture.

could you imagine this offence with the double threat babb's passing and feroy running line up in the eye, a defence's nightmare

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information