Poll: Who should be our starting QB next week?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: QB CONTROVERSY?

I have a Question QB CONTROVERSY?

As of saturday, do we have a QB controversy? With the emergence of desormeaux as a viable dual threat qb, and Babb, still sluggish after his break, should we stick with Desormeaux, and allow him to develop as the season continues? Babb is an excellent qb, and I have not forgotten all of the illustrious numbers that he has put up, but is MD capable of even more? Is it a disservice to our football program to sit MD b/c of the incumbent, but very capable, JB? Just a thought.

Poll Who should be our starting QB?

I thought it would be fun just to see how cajun fans, as a whole, view our QB situation.

Default Re: Who should be our starting QB?

I love Babb, but hope he's a little stronger for next week's game. If he isn't I'm sure Desormeaux will start.

We got word from a trainer yesterday that Babb would start, but he didn't so I guess you just never know.

Babb looked very rusty. I think Desomeaux is in sink right now but Babb needs time. Great to know either QB can lead us. Just need to work on Pass defense now. WE WERE LUCKY but we WON.

Geaux Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by manizzle
    I thought it would be fun just to see how cajun fans, as a whole, view our QB situation.
    I think the whole team feeds off of Desormeaux's energy. To me it is no contest Desormeaux should be the starter.

Default Re: QB CONTROVERSY?

Babb is a much better QB. Desourmeaux is just a better athlete. He should be on the field, but I would work him in at wideout and pretty much anywhere for gimmick plays.

Babb is the man for this year. He was just rusty last night after the long lay-off. Once he gets back in sync, he will be the best option for us to win now. MD's future is very bright and it is mostly in front of him. He is getting valuable experience this year. I believe after Babb returns full-time, MD will still see significant playing time. I don't see it as a QB controversy. We have 2 (at least!) gifted QB's. That is a good dilemma to have.

Babb is a great guy. However the best athlete should play the game and that is by far MD. Lets look at last night, MD first two series two td's. Babbs first three series, nothing. MD comes back in before the half and drives to two first downs and our great offensive coaching staff brings in Babb and the drive stalls. What was that all about taking MD out in the middle of a drive when we are moving the ball? I think we should put Babb back in the game when we have a game in hand and see how he compares to MD from there. The problem is going to be next year when MD is going to for sure be the best qb on the team. What are they going to do then?

If Babb is 100%, start him. This is still his team!

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    Babb looked very rusty. I think Desomeaux is in sink right now but Babb needs time. Great to know either QB can lead us. Just need to work on Pass defense now. WE WERE LUCKY but we WON.

Geaux Cajuns.
    I know Babb was only like 3 out of 10, but the receivers dropped at least 3 of those incompletions. I thought he was throwing the ball very well, especially for not having played in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by pigskin07
    I know Babb was only like 3 out of 10, but the receivers dropped at least 3 of those incompletions. I thought he was throwing the ball very well, especially for not having played in a month.

I agree with you on that one.he should have at least been 6 for 10!!

I think they should use the same approach next week. Clearly the team is feeding off of MD so let him start and play.

Babb is still rusty2 different times he was standing in the pocket waiting for something to open upfinely tuned Babb would have been long gone with his feet.

If we go up by 21, put Babb in.
    If we go down by 14, put Babb in.

UL Football Re: Who should be our starting QB?

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim

Geaux Cajuns.

Monroe can pass we better solve that piece of the puzzle, but first North Texas, then FIU and then Monroe!!!!!!!!!

DaddyCajun

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Who should be our starting QB?

I think Mike is a great athlete but he's not a great QB yet. Trying to make a drive with 9 runs to 1 pass won't work on a team when they start putting 9 in the box. You have to have a QB that can throw the ball well, to make those guys get out of the box and covering our receivers. Babb was throwing the ball well, it's just the receiever were having trouble holding on to the ball for some reason. With Babb healthy he should be the QB for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Monroe can pass we better solve that piece of the puzzle, but first North Texas, then FIU and then Monroe!!!!!!!!!

DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by pigskin07
    Agree. The stats alone do not tell the whole story. Sampy dropped 2 balls right in his hands (at least 1 of those was thrown by Babb), and another ball was dropped around mid-field that would have resulted in a 25-yd gain and a first down. Do agree about the rust however. Right now I'd still start MD; but get Babb a lot more time. I think he can do a better job of keeping UNT off-balance.

MD should start if he gets the job done. If he does not get it done then you go with jerry. You should not pull him after two touchdown drives. If its not broken don't fix it. Jerry is great but he is not ready yet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information