Thread: Ragin' Cajuns conquer Troy in OT

1. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns conquer Troy in OT

LOUISIANA La. -- Sean Comiskey wasn't having a very good day Saturday.
    First, he missed a 44-yard field goal. Later, he uncharacteristically missed an extra point, only the fourth in a four-year career.

But when the University of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns needed their former All-Sun Belt Conference kicker the most, Comiskey was right on target.

The senior from LaPlace drilled a 40-yard field in overtime, lifting UL to a pulsating 31-28 Sun Belt Conference victory over the Troy Trojans and helping the Cajuns keep alive their faint hopes of a league championship.

"I'm so proud of Sean to come back like he did," UL coach Rickey Bustle said after the victory, his team's second straight. "I told him when he missed the extra point that he'd have a chance to step back up and make another big kick.

"I told him 'I need you to be a senior, not a freshman.' I told him he was going to have a chance to make a big kick and he did that."

Comiskey's game-winning field goal saved the Cajuns from what would have been an embarrassing defeat on a day when 21,204 showed up for UL's 60th Homecoming.

The rest of the story

By GLENN QUEBEDEAUX
    Special to The Advocate

Homes SO Clean

2. UL Football Re: Ragin' Cajuns conquer Troy in OT

LOUISIANA La. -- Sean Comiskey hit a 40-yard field goal in overtime to give the UL-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns a 31-28 win over the Troy Trojans in Sun Belt Conference action from Cajun field.

Troy came back from a 28-14 deficit in the fourth quarter to force the extra session, but the Trojans came up short when Greg Whibbs missed a 37-yard field goal in his attempt to match Comiskey and even the score.

UL-Lafayette (3-5, 2-2 SBC) was guided in the victory by Tyrell Fenroy, who rushed for 156 yards and three touchdowns on 27 carries. Michael Desormeaux added 64 yards and a score on the ground, while also completing 6-of-10 passes for 86 yards.

Julian Foster paced Troy (3-5, 2-2) in the loss before leaving the game with an ankle injury, finishing 7-of-19 through the air for 104 yards with one touchdown and one interception. The Trojans' rushing attack was guided by Kenny Cattouse, who tallied 89 yards and two scores on 20 carries.

Fenroy opened the scoring in the contest with a 25-yard TD run at the 11:29 mark of the first quarter. UL-Lafayette increased its lead to 14-0 later in the frame on a three-yard run by Desormeaux.

Following a scoreless second stanza, Fenroy found the end zone once again in the third quarter from eight yards out. The extra-point attempt was botched, however, and UL-Lafayette's advantage remained at 20-0.

Troy finally reached the scoreboard with 5:44 remaining in the third, on a 12- yard scamper by Cattouse. The sophomore back then punched it in again from three yards out early in the fourth quarter, cutting the Trojans' deficit to 20-14.

The rest of the story

By SPORTS NETWORK

Homes SO Clean

Thread Information