Thread: UL fans show joie de vivre

1. UL Football UL fans show joie de vivre

Prior to the Cajuns' 31-28 overtime win against Troy State, thousands of fans gathered around barbecue pits and stereos Saturday for tailgating and fun that has long been a custom before the homecoming game at Cajun Field.

While this is an annual tradition for many alumni, some experienced University of Louisiana tailgating for the first time. All commented on the Lafayette's joie de vivre and friendly atmosphere.

"I love it here," said Tonya Rabalais, a Shreveport transplant who's lived in Lafayette for about three months. "I've gone to LSU games to tailgate, and they're a lot more friendly here. At LSU, games they all get hammered and, well, we get hammered here, too, but we have more fun doing it."

Several thousand of the more than 21,200 fans who watched the Ragin' Cajuns win their third game of the season tailgated.

Rabalais wasn't the only one who got a first taste of Ragin' Cajun tailgating. Toronto native Erik Key was in Lafayette to deliver a boat for a charity function and came with friends to the game.

"This is one of the best stops I've ever had," he said. "I've been to plenty of places and I've never been anywhere where everybody's so friendly. It's great."

The rest of the story

Jordan Hernandez
    jhernandez@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: UL fans show joie de vivre

I will say yeesterday's tailgating was a blast!
    We had a whole lot of fun and visiting with people transplanted here for whatever reason, as well as seeing people who came back for homecoming was great!

Default Re: UL fans show joie de vivre

There were some Troy Fans who came by the Krewe de Chew and ate and visited us. They told us they have followed the Trojans alot and find us to be their favorite stop and tailgating. They went Troy-lsuwho game last year and did not find the hospitality very good. They hated it in fact. Quote from Troy fans, not me.

Thread Information