Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saturday win sends Cajuns to NO

1. Default Saturday win sends Cajuns to NO

The Ragin' Cajuns football team’s invitation to the R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl — one promised on a blog here on Oct. 17 — is becoming more inevitability than speculation each day. There’s a chance that the much-anticipated bid may come as early .

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Saturday win sends Cajuns to NO

That would be great but will the coaches go along with this happening? They still have another conference game to play. I would rather them announce that we set a new avg attendence record and coach signed a 10yr contract!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    That would be great but will the coaches go along with this happening? They still have another conference game to play.
    That won't make a difference.I'd bet everything I have and some I don't that while they wanted the bowl game.they want a conference championship as much, or maybe more. That is the #1 goal for the team every year, and it won't temper their motivation going into the ASU game one iota. Win these next 2 games, and they will get some nice conference championship rings to go along with their hopefully NO Bowl win rings.

Jeez it's so close. If this gets yanked away I might have to hunt down everyone named lucy.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    That won't make a difference.I'd bet everything I have and some I don't that while they wanted the bowl game.they want a conference championship as much, or maybe more. That is the #1 goal for the team every year, and it won't temper their motivation going into the ASU game one iota. Win these next 2 games, and they will get some nice conference championship rings to go along with their hopefully NO Bowl win rings.
    Not trying to be picky but i've heard coach hud say more than once their #1 goal is to win all their home games.

The sooner they announce, the better. This is because some of us who want to go may not live in Louisiana and the sooner we make travel plans the better (and cheaper.) I live in California now but I went ahead and made my airline reservation so I could use airmiles, but some people will undoubtably wait, as cancellations tend to be expensive.

So that begs the question.no win no New Orleans bowl? I can't see that happening. Lose out.still in New Orleans on December 17th.

If it's true, then it will be even better for that announcement to be ringing in hoaxfan's ears.

If I recall right, bowls wont extend invites very often until the beginning of December once seasons are over (Dec 4,) with the exception of specific circumstance games (Armed Forces bowl inviting military academies, Hawaii Bowl having permanent invite to Hawaii)

If we win this weekend, I would not want to be playing ASU for a conference championship and have it already decided and announced that we are going to the N.O. Bowl. It would be great modivation for ASU to think "what's the matter with us?". It would stick in my craw if they announced the Cajuns were already in the N.O. Bowl and they haven't even played the championship game yet!! And I know the champion could go to Mobile but the perception is that the Sun Belt champ goes to N.O. Please wait until after November 12 to announce anything.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    If we win this weekend, I would not want to be playing ASU for a conference championship and have it already decided and announced that we are going to the N.O. Bowl. It would be great modivation for ASU to think "what's the matter with us?". It would stick in my craw if they announced the Cajuns were already in the N.O. Bowl and they haven't even played the championship game yet!! And I know the champion could go to Mobile but the perception is that the Sun Belt champ goes to N.O. Please wait until after November 12 to announce anything.
    You make a good point. But.

Everyone in the Sun Belt knows we're going to the NOLA bowl. It's a done deal. Announcing it officially will only make things easier for us to get a blockbuster crowd on December 17th. More people can make plans earlier (a necessity for a fan base that hasn't made bowl plans in 40 years).

Announcing the NOLA bowl acceptance will be Coach Hud's 5,000th coaching challenge in his early tenure at UL. Good problems to have. Good problems.

Oh, and btw, I'm not overlooking ULM! We win 48-6.

They already know. They also know they will probably play in the Go-Daddy.com Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    If it's true, then it will be even better for that announcement to be ringing in hoaxfan's ears.
    This

It could not be better than to have 20k fans (the other 10 worried about that other insignificant game happening later) going nuts while the 10 (notK. 10 fans) Hoax Fans sit there and drool.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    You make a good point. But.

Everyone in the Sun Belt knows we're going to the NOLA bowl. It's a done deal. Announcing it officially will only make things easier for us to get a blockbuster crowd on December 17th. More people can make plans earlier (a necessity for a fan base that hasn't made bowl plans in 40 years).

Announcing the NOLA bowl acceptance will be Coach Hud's 5,000th coaching challenge in his early tenure at UL. Good problems to have. Good problems.

Oh, and btw, I'm not overlooking ULM! We win 48-6.
    Excellent prediction!

48-6 UL

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    The Ragin' Cajuns football team’s invitation to the R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl — one promised on a blog here on Oct. 17 — is becoming more inevitability than speculation each day. There’s a chance that the much-anticipated bid may come as early .

I wish Dan hadn't posted that. it's motivation for ULM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information