Thread: Cajuns Focused On ULM

1. Default Cajuns Focused On ULM

Louisiana's Ragin'Cajuns (7-2, 5-1 Sun Belt) will host the ULM Warhawks (2-6, 1-3 Sun Belt) Saturday afternoon at Cajun Field. With all the talk of bowl games, Coach Hudspeth and the team are focused on celebrating "Senior Night" in front of Cajun Fans ...

Default Re: Cajuns Focused On ULM

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Louisiana's Ragin'Cajuns (7-2, 5-1 Sun Belt) will host the ULM Warhawks (2-6, 1-3 Sun Belt) Saturday afternoon at Cajun Field. With all the talk of bowl games, Coach Hudspeth and the team are focused on celebrating "Senior Night" in front of Cajun Fans ...

FYI, it's Cajuns Focused On Louisiana-Monroe, not sure why it was changed?

3. Default Re: Cajuns Focused On ULM

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    FYI, it's Cajuns Focused On Louisiana-Monroe, not sure why it was changed?
    This is just my opinion and I am not saying the logic I used, is why any article (anywhere) is titled what it is. I'm just saying why I changed it 'here' on RP

One click (on the link) and readers see the desired title.

I change it here because calling them Louisiana-Monroe undercuts their marketing efforts and if Louisiana-Monroe is what they become known as, it makes other media much more comfortable saying Louisiana_Lafayette, which in turn undercuts UL's marketing efforts.

If on the other hand their SID and media (for the same reasons) insist on using Louisiana_Lafayette it will only slow down their goal of being known as ULM.

jmo

ps I'm sorry if this took away from an otherwise good article.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This is just my opinion and I am not saying the logic I used, is why any article (anywhere) is titled what it is. I'm just saying why I changed it 'here' on RP

One click and readers see the desired title.

I change it here because calling them Louisiana-Monroe undercuts their marketing efforts and if Louisiana-Monroe is what they become known as, it makes other media much more comfortable saying Louisiana_Lafayette, which in turn undercuts UL's marketing efforts.

If on the other hand their SID and media (for the same reasons) insist on using Louisiana_Lafayette it will only slow down their goal of being known as ULM.

jmo

ps I'm sorry if this took away from an otherwise good article.
    Turbine, its your board but why would you or anyone else be concerned about Louisiana-Monroe's branding goals? Whether you agree with a title or not, it's not the correct title of the story. I would respectfully ask you not to make editorial changes on any Scout story coming from the Cajun Redzone. If you find it insulting, I would rather you not post the link at all. Thanks

5. Default Re: Cajuns Focused On ULM

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Turbine, its your board but why would you or anyone else be concerned about Louisiana-Monroe's branding goals? Whether you agree with a title or not, it's not the correct title of the story. I would respectfully ask you not to make editorial changes on any Scout story coming from the Cajun Redzone. If you find it insulting, I would rather you not post the link at all. Thanks
    I don't find any version of their name (short of using just Louisiana) insulting. It is simply that I do not want to incourage them to retaliate. On the other hand if they use a wrong reference for UL (I am NOT saying you call them that for these reasons) I do not want to stoop to their level.

Turbine Cajunt is just being title sensitive, you don't see newspapers doing what you did, leave it alone. Let me ask you this why do you edit out Louisiana-Monroe but leave HOAX alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't find any version of their name (short of using just Louisiana) insulting. It is simply that I do not want to incourage them to retaliate. On the other hand if they use a wrong reference for UL (I am NOT saying you call them that for these reasons) I do not want to stoop to their level.
    Retailate in what manner? Their SID and the Monroe New Star use UL Lafayette in every article or promotion of athletic events between the two schools. The article is certainly not derogatory in any manner towards their program or athletes. If the article draws their attention and gets them to engage Cajun fans here on your board, that is what you want. As I've stated, it's your board but I would respectfully ask you not to make editorial changes on any Scout story coming from the Cajun Redzone. I plan on using Louisiana-Monroe in any story related to their program in the future because it is their legal name. I don't find that stooping to any level other then keeping with their policy of using the official legal name. We are not going to agree on this, but if you fear any kind of retaliation then simply do not link the story. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UL Duane View Post
    Turbine Cajunt is just being title sensitive, you don't see newspapers doing what you did, leave it alone. Let me ask you this why do you edit out Louisiana-Monroe but leave HOAX alone?
    Five papers pick up a story, five different headlines, it happens sometimes.

Thread Information