Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alonzo Harris.

Default Alonzo Harris.

Oh you know just 189 yards and 2 TDs!! to think he was recruited as a FB. This guy is an animal! Sooo happy he is just a freshman!!!

Default Re: Alonzo Harris.

Dude is a monster, and Qyen Griffen is also absolutely a beast, but the funny part with both of them is that they both run in a similar style. Both big guys, run between the tackles, and will plow people over. I think if they get a tandem nickname, they should be Smash and Bash.

Any word on when Griffen will be back??

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    Oh you know just 189 yards and 2 TDs!! to think he was recruited as a FB. This guy is an animal! Sooo happy he is just a freshman!!!
    I'm thinking he was recruited as a FB by everyone but the HUD. I can see the HUD in the family living room last January, telling Mom & Dad, "I'm gonna let Jr. compete for a job when & where he wants. All I ask is total dedication & responsible action on & off the field. What daya say young man? Want to be a Ragin Cajun?"

"Where do I sign coach?". Case closed by the HUD!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I'm thinking he was recruited as a FB by everyone but the HUD. I can see the HUD in the family living room last January, telling Mom & Dad, "I'm gonna let Jr. compete for a job when & where he wants. All I ask is total dedication & responsible action on & off the field. What daya say young man? Want to be a Ragin Cajun?"

"Where do I sign coach?". Case closed by the HUD!
    Alonzo had offers from UL, Florida State, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Louisville, Southern Miss, Memphis, and had interest from Auburn. If I remember correctly, he was a Florida State commit, and backed out and committed to UL after HUD got a hold of him. I remember thinking, this is HUGE. I also remember bashers replied on my face book that if he turned down those schools, then he is an idiot and UL will always be a (insert derogatory word here). Now those dumbasses can eat s&*T!!! HUD is taking this school and team to a new level, and I'm enjoying the hell out of the ride!!!

Yeah Harris was rated #2 fullback in the country, but HUD said I will give you a chance to win the starting RB position, that had to be what happened. When was the last tme any sport at UL signed the #2 player in the country at his position? Maybe softball with Brignac.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarine81 View Post
    Alonzo had offers from UL, Florida State, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Louisville, Southern Miss, Memphis, and had interest from Auburn. If I remember correctly, he was a Florida State commit, and backed out and committed to UL after HUD got a hold of him. I remember thinking, this is HUGE. I also remember bashers replied on my face book that if he turned down those schools, then he is an idiot and UL will always be a (insert derogatory word here). Now those dumbasses can eat s&*T!!! HUD is taking this school and team to a new level, and I'm enjoying the hell out of the ride!!!
    I remember him being a Kentucky commit, then Louisville commit, then LOUISIANA commit.i dont remember Fl. state in the mix.

8. Default Re: Alonzo Harris.

Last night he was committed to the RUN .

Next year we add the Flash who is the kid from New Iberia or somewhere near by that is a burner as a RB. Add that and the running game (4 returning OL next year) should be awesome for years to come

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Next year we add the Flash who is the kid from New Iberia or somewhere near by that is a burner as a RB. Add that and the running game (4 returning OL next year) should be awesome for years to come
    We do have montrel Carter redshirting this year

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    And if he gained any weight this year, he will be legit.

Serious credit to the O-line in last night's win. Multiple times Harris was nearly 10 yards down field before being touched! I know MT's run defense is really bad, but hopefully we can continue run the ball successfully, cause if ULM has to start creeping their safeties up. they are TOAST!

He is like Brandon Jacobs. Just a big big man who can run.all over you.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    I'm pretty sure Montrel is gonna be a slot WR here

Quote Originally Posted by jjlouv View Post
    Serious credit to the O-line in last night's win. Multiple times Harris was nearly 10 yards down field before being touched! I know MT's run defense is really bad, but hopefully we can continue run the ball successfully, cause if ULM has to start creeping their safeties up. they are TOAST!
    Yes, good job O-line. You guys redeemed yourselves from last week. Way to man up!

Also, the downfield blocking by our WR is one area of great improvement this year. And how about that downfield block by McGuire on Blaine's TD run?!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information