Thread: Running back Josh Harrison shows his mettle

1. UL Football Running back Josh Harrison shows his mettle

LOUISIANA La. - Of the five players who have lined up at running back for Louisiana's Ragin' Cajun football squad this season, only Josh Harrison is anywhere close to full health.

So how are the Cajuns ranked 13th nationally in rushing?

"We're extremely deep," Harrison said Wednesday as the UL squad prepared for its Saturday Sun Belt Conference road contest at Middle Tennessee. "We all have different strengths, but we all can do the job. If I go down, there's a guy right behind me that's ready to step in."

The 1-5 Cajuns hope no other rushers go down. They're averaging more rush yards (230.7) than anybody in the league despite: (a) season starter Chester Johnson going out for the season with a shoulder injury in the opener against Texas; (b) redshirt freshman Caleb Rubin spraining an ankle in game two against Eastern Michigan; (c) sophomore squadman Abdule Levier slowed by a groin pull prior to the Northwestern game, and (d) natural freshman backup Tyrell Fenroy suffering a concussion early last week against Arkansas State.

That leaves Harrison, who flung his 5-foot-7, 175-pound body into the fray Thursday at ASU and finished with a 17-carry, 87-yard, two-touchdown performance. Impressive, considering he'd seen no action in four of UL's five previous games and had only three carries all year.

"With all of us, it doesn't matter who's in there," said the Copperas Cove, Texas, product. "If one of us played the whole game, our totals would probably be about the same."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Running back Josh Harrison shows his mettle

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy

Sooo Harrison is starting Saturday?

3. Default Re: Running back Josh Harrison shows his mettle

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan
    Sooo Harrison is starting Saturday?
    I think Fenroy will be playing on Saturday, he wasn't listed on the injury report for this week.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Running back Josh Harrison shows his mettle

I know we're not at that point yet, but it's good to see us kinda like the Denver Broncos, just stick someone in and they'll get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77
    I think Fenroy will be playing on Saturday, he wasn't listed on the injury report for this week.

5. Default Re: Running back Josh Harrison shows his mettle

Quote Originally Posted by studentfan
    I know we're not at that point yet, but it's good to see us kinda like the Denver Broncos, just stick someone in and they'll get the job done.
    I look for our running game to be even better next season

Thread Information