Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Goals left: This team can run the table

1. UL Football Goals left: This team can run the table

I have looked at the fluke losses and I have looked at UL's remaining schedule, I have looked at the teams dominating running game, I have looked at the maturation of Michael Desormeaux and the expected return of Jerry Babb and the determination and resilience of this team.

I find there are some good goals left on the table, and am not afraid to go out on a limb and state I think this team can run the table. No wait I think this team will run the table. :o

Gone Goals
  2. Undefeated Season ended on Sept. 3
  3. 11-1 ended on Sept. 10
  4. 10-2 extended on Sept. 17
  5. 10-2 ended on Oct. 1
  6. 9-3 ended on Oct. 6
  7. 8-4 ended on Oct. 13
    AVAILABLE GOALS
  8. Win next game
  9. Run the Table
  10. SunBelt Championship
  11. 7-5 (with a bowl win) 6 D1 wins req would have to be waived
  12. 6-5
  13. Winning season for Justin Venable
    not really goals (yet) stop the bleeding
  14. Finish second in Sunbelt
  15. Go 4-1 the rest of the way and finish 5-6
  16. Improve record over last season.
  17. Establish already improved running game.
  18. Improve on defense.
  19. Go 3-2 the rest of the way and finish 4-7

20. Default Re: Goals left: This team can run the table

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy from the The Daily Advertiser
    But Bustle said Monday that 5-2 can still be in the hunt in what he called a much more balanced league, and insisted that his team can run the table in its last five conference games beginning Saturday at Middle Tennessee (2-3, 1-1)
    Well I say I agree with Bustle.

Default Re: Goals left: This team can run the table

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I have looked at the fluke losses and I have looked at UL's remaining schedule, I have looked at the teams dominating running game, I have looked at the maturation of Michael Desormeaux and the expected return of Jerry Babb and the determination and resilience of this team.

I find there are some good goals left on the table, and am not afraid to go out on a limb and state I think this team can run the table. No wait I think this team will run the table. :o
    Gone Goals
  22. Undefeated Season ended on Sept. 3
  23. 11-1 ended on Sept. 10
  24. 10-2 extended on Sept. 17
  25. 10-2 ended on Oct. 1
  26. 9-3 ended on Oct. 6
  27. 8-4 ended on Oct. 13
    AVAILABLE GOALS
  28. Win next game
  29. Run the Table
  30. SunBelt Championship
  31. 7-5 (with a bowl win) 6 D1 wins req would have to be waived
  32. 6-5
  33. Winning season for Justin Venable
    not really goals (yet) stop the bleeding
  34. Finish second in Sunbelt
  35. Go 4-1 the rest of the way and finish 5-6
  36. Improve record over last season.
  37. Establish already improved running game.
  38. Improve on defense.
  39. Go 3-2 the rest of the way and finish 4-7

40. Dude stop embarrasing yourself. Do you like to be laughed at? because when you post stuff that wont happen and you have big dreams you get laughed at. Put down the crack pipe and come back to reality.

1-This team aint running the table.
    2-This team needs improvement in every phase of the game.
    3-The coaches really need to take a look at what they are doing.
    4-After 4 yeard of "Bustle Up" they still have no depth
    5-They better start recruiting or Bustle wil be gone before you know it.

I could go on and on. This team had the easiest schedule known to mankind and yet they are 1-5. They will be lucky to win 3 games the whole season. And then you will go into next year thinking you will go 8-3 and in the New Orleans Bowl and the same thing will happen next year that happened this year, a 3-9 record. How long are you doing to give Bustle? 5 more years, 10 more years. He already has 4 years and he still has no depth. Inexcusable.

41. Default Re: Goals left: This team can run the table

Well I say I agree with Bustle.
    I agree anything is possible in the Sunbelt. If we play to our potential it is very possible we could win all of our remaining games.

I too think we can run the table.

I also agree with Coach Bustle that the Scrub Belt is much more balanced, if by balanced he means equally ||||ty.

43. Default Re: Goals left: This team can run the table

Across the board I think the talent is pretty much equal in the Sunbelt. Consistent play is the key to winning in the Sunbelt. Avoid turnovers, penalties, and defensive meltdowns and you win. I think UL's offense is one of the best in the Sunbelt. We have to play better defense. Winning out the rest of the season, while not easy, would put us at 6-5 and give us our first winning season in a long time. Can we do it? I say yes.

UL Football Re: Goals left: This team can run the table

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77
    Across the board I think the talent is pretty much equal in the Sunbelt. Consistent play is the key to winning in the Sunbelt. Avoid turnovers, penalties, and defensive meltdowns and you win. I think UL's offense is one of the best in the Sunbelt. We have to play better defense. Winning out the rest of the season, while not easy, would put us at 6-5 and give us our first winning season in a long time. Can we do it? I say yes.

I too agree with Turbine and the rest of you that a 6-0 run is possible. Hold on to the BALL not the other team players, get mad at yourself for not making a play and not the opposing team, PLAY BUSTLE BALL, BECAUSE THAT MY FRIENDS IS, "WHERE RED MEANS GEAUX"!!!

Does anyone know if the injured players will be able to play this weekend?

DaddyCajun

This is so COOL Re: Goals left: This team can run the table

Turbine is right on!

I'm sick of hearing our supporters down about the team. We're in the middle of the season and the coaches & players need our total support.

We WILL win the rest of the games. Positive thinking makes for postive results.

Some of the pre-season predictions said our young team would not gell until the middle of the season.

Go Cajuns!

We NEED to win the 4th quarter, then we'll win out. I have full confidence we will start with our last 5 wins this weekend. Is the game on TV?

UL Football Re: Goals left: This team can run the table

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308
    We NEED to win the 4th quarter, then we'll win out. I have full confidence we will start with our last 5 wins this weekend. Is the game on TV?

Right you are, my friend. The ballgame does not end till the final horn of the forth quarter, just like each play does not end until the whistle blows!!!! We have to play whistle to whistle.

TV I am not sure of, I would hope TV it would be. Yoda speak!

Daddy Yoda Cajun

This team couldnt run the table in the SWAC, or the Southland, or in any conference in any division. Its over

Quote Originally Posted by weareLOUISIANA
    This team couldnt run the table in the SWAC, or the Southland, or in any conference in any division. Its over
    "Couldn't" - disagree. Not probable - agree. I think this team has the talent to run the table; but they have yet to learn how to close out a game. My guesstimate for the remainder of the season is that we will win 2-3 of the remaining games. I think MT will end up being the conference representative in the bowl game, and lastly, I believe NT will go 0-4 against the state of Louisiana this season.

Now, if we manage to beat MT I reserve the right to rethink my bowl rep.

Shof

Quote Originally Posted by weareLOUISIANA

Tisk tisk. VERY SUPPORTIVE!!!!!!!!!!

51. Default Re: Goals left: This team can run the table

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308
    We NEED to win the 4th quarter
    You must be one happy Corndog this Saturday evening! We finally held it together and WON in the fourth quarter.

52. Default Re: Goals left: This team can run the table

AVAILABLE GOALS
  53. Win next game
  54. Run the Table
  55. SunBelt Championship
  56. 7-5 (with a bowl win) 6 D1 wins req would have to be waived
  57. 6-5
  58. Winning season for Justin Venable
  59. Stop the bleeding
  60. win the next game

A couple of goals that were accomplished, and none of the goals were lost this past week.

I want to add another goal that is within reach. 'A winning record at home' Bustle has never had a losing record at home and I don't expect this year to be an exception. Still as of right now it's only a goal, it has to happen on the field.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information