Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Goals left: This team can run the table

Default Re: Goals left: This team can run the table

Man if we had that ASU game.

Well what has to happen first is that we win our last 4.

Then ASU will have to lose 2 more games, and ULM will have to lose at least one to set up the season finale for the sunbelt championship.

There is still hope, but that ASU Loss hurt us bad!

One game at a time, My prediction: is that we win 3 out of our last 4 go 5-6, which will still be a good turn around from a horrible beginning, and one more win from last year. Take it one year at a time.

If there is a three-way tie between UL, UL-Monroe, and ASU; everyone would have beaten someone else. I believe that the Sun Belt has the right to choose who they want to represent the league. I believe that if UL finishes in a tie they will get the bid for two reasons. 1. a strong finish 2. most important we will pack the stadium for a home bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun
    If there is a three-way tie between UL, UL-Monroe, and ASU; everyone would have beaten someone else. I believe that the Sun Belt has the right to choose who they want to represent the league. I believe that if UL finishes in a tie they will get the bid for two reasons. 1. a strong finish 2. most important we will pack the stadium for a home bowl game.
    A few notes.

I believe we will run the table.

I believe A-State will lose @ North Texas or @Middle Tennessee.

I believe ULM will lose @ North Texas or @ Middle Tennessee.

We will finish in a tie for the SBC championship.

We will finish with a winning record for the first time since 1995.

We will go the New Orleans Bowl. If there is a tie, the league office will select the bowl representative. There are no tie-breakers to get selected.

If North Texas and ULM have 2 conference losses, they will both have 6 losses overall and will both be ineligible.

We would be selected. No question about it. All we have to do is take care of business.

So you think that UL would have the upper hand in case of a tie, because we could draw the largest crowd? Man that night in lafayette would be off the chain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could you imagine?????

Hopefully I survive that night??

Let me not get my hopes up too much though.

Geaux Louisiana!

5. UL Football Cajuns 'have a lot to play for'

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - Maybe all that talk about winning five in a row wasn't just Cajun hyperbole.

"We still have a lot to play for," said redshirt freshman quarterback Michael Desormeaux. "Even if we didn't, our pride won't let us quit."

Pride was a word many of the University of Louisiana players were throwing around late Saturday evening, only minutes after the Ragin' Cajuns had a last-second game finally go their way.

A stout defensive effort for over three quarters and a clutch drive in the game's final five minutes provided a surprising 13-10 victory over Middle Tennessee and kept its still-flickering hopes for a Sun Belt Conference crown alive.

It was only a first step, and the mountain - four straight wins to close the season - is still plenty high for a 2-5 team. But Cajun coach Rickey Bustle said it was the only step that his team could afford to worry about.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    A few notes.

We will go the New Orleans Bowl. If there is a tie, the league office will select the bowl representative. There are no tie-breakers to get selected.
    I thought the N.O. Bowl selected the team if there was a tie. It would be hard not to pick UL if we managed to tie at 5-2 for all the reasons already stated. I'd definitely have to drive in for that!

7. Default Re: Goals left: This team can run the table

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    AVAILABLE GOALS
  8. Win next game
  9. Run the Table
  10. SunBelt Championship
  11. 7-5 (with a bowl win) 6 D1 wins req would have to be waived
  12. 6-5
  13. Winning season for Justin Venable
  14. Winning record at home
  15. Well since my crazy prediction (after 3 straight losses) that we would run the table Louisiana has rattled of 2 straight wins.

HEy if the Chicago White Sox can win a World Series after 88 years then I stick to my prediction that Louisiana will close out the season with 5 straight wins. A first since 1925.

Actually all we need now is 3 straight wins and that has happened as recently as 1983 and 16 times in school history.

GEAUX

16. UL Football Cajuns 'still have a chance'

LOUISIANA La - The Louisiana Ragin' Cajun football team is approaching the halfway point in its drive to a goal very few thought was possible.

Only the most diehard of supporters thought the Cajuns had a chance to win five in a row to end the season, which was the only way UL could be a potential player in the Sun Belt Conference race.

Now, after two last-minute victories and two upcoming games against squads that have been struggling, perhaps the goal is not so remote.

"Every game is huge for us now," Cajun coach Rickey Bustle said not long after his team held on for a pulsating 31-28 overtime victory over Troy on Saturday night. "It's a matter of taking care of the business at hand one day at a time.

"The only way we've won the last two weeks is that we've done a lot of smart things and we've never stopped playing hard."

The Cajuns, whose late score provided a 13-10 win at Middle Tennessee the previous week, evened up their Sun Belt record at 2-2 entering next Saturday's road contest at North Texas. That game will be followed by the home finale Nov. 12 against Florida International, and a Nov. 26 regular-season wrapup against current league unbeaten UL Monroe.

UL will need a little help even with three more wins. For the Cajuns to have a chance, Arkansas State (3-1) and UL Monroe (3-0) have to pick up one more loss. But both have two road games left in league play.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

17. Default Re: Goals left: This team can run the table

I have looked at the fluke losses and I have looked at UL's remaining schedule, I have looked at the teams dominating running game, I have looked at the maturation of Michael Desormeaux and the expected return of Jerry Babb and the determination and resilience of this team.

I find there are some good goals left on the table, and am not afraid to go out on a limb and state I think this team can run the table. No wait I think this team will run the table. :o
    Gone Goals
  18. Undefeated Season ended on Sept. 3
  19. 11-1 ended on Sept. 10
  20. 10-2 extended on Sept. 17
  21. 10-2 ended on Oct. 1
  22. 9-3 ended on Oct. 6
  23. 8-4 ended on Oct. 13
    AVAILABLE GOALS
  24. Win next game
  25. Run the Table
  26. SunBelt Championship
  27. 7-5 (with a bowl win) 6 D1 wins req would have to be waived
  28. 6-5
  29. Winning season for Justin Venable
    not really goals (yet) stop the bleeding
  30. Finish second in Sunbelt
  31. Go 4-1 the rest of the way and finish 5-6
  32. Improve record over last season.
  33. Establish already improved running game.
  34. Improve on defense.
  35. Go 3-2 the rest of the way and finish 4-7
  36. I know it is hard to believe but this could be a huge weekend for the Cajuns. If we defeat UNT, and we are 4 point favorites and we get some help from Middle Tennessee over ASU, which is highly likely. Then a loss before we face ULM, would mean that if the Cajuns run the table we would be in the New Orleans Bowl. Are you friggin' kidding me???????

As much as i wanted to castrate Bustle earlier this season, he will be a good friend of mine if they finish 5-6. But, if they win out and get to teh NO bowl (or any bowl for that matter), I will be his best friend in the whole wide world.

God Bless

GO UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!

I have looked at the fluke losses and I have looked at UL's remaining schedule, I have looked at the teams dominating running game, I have looked at the maturation of Michael Desormeaux and the expected return of Jerry Babb and the determination and resilience of this team.

I find there are some good goals left on the table, and am not afraid to go out on a limb and state I think this team can run the table. No wait I think this team will run the table. :o
    Gone Goals
  39. Undefeated Season ended on Sept. 3
  40. 11-1 ended on Sept. 10
  41. 10-2 extended on Sept. 17
  42. 10-2 ended on Oct. 1
  43. 9-3 ended on Oct. 6
  44. 8-4 ended on Oct. 13
    AVAILABLE GOALS
  45. Win next game
  46. Run the Table
  47. SunBelt Championship
  48. 7-5 (with a bowl win) 6 D1 wins req would have to be waived
  49. 6-5
  50. Winning season for Justin Venable
    not really goals (yet) stop the bleeding
  51. Finish second in Sunbelt
  52. Go 4-1 the rest of the way and finish 5-6
  53. Improve record over last season.
  54. Establish already improved running game.
  55. Improve on defense.
  56. Go 3-2 the rest of the way and finish 4-7
  57. 6 D1 wins req will not have to be waived. Teams are allowed 1 D1-AA win every 4th year or so. So we can use the win against NWst.

58. Default Re: Goals left: This team can run the table

I want to add another goal that is within reach. 'A winning record at home' Bustle has never had a losing record at home and I don't expect this year to be an exception. Still as of right now it's only a goal, it has to happen on the field.
    It happened on the field.

No Bustle led team has ever had a losing record at home.

If you go to the home games you walk away a winner.

59. Default Re: Goals left: This team can run the table

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine on 2005-10-16
    We did! And does it ever feel good

Hey Neauxstradamus, What are the lottery numbers for this week? email me! LOL

Hey Turbine, do you do palms, also??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information