Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ASU's new mascot

Default ASU's new mascot

So what's ASU's new mascot gonna be? We all know that NO Indian tribe will step forward and say that they are okay with ASU being called the Indians, so anyone got some good ideas for the new mascot at Arkansas's other university?

I was thinking:

Little Razorbacks
    Razorback wannabes
    Pigs
    Inbreds

Default Re: ASU's new mascot

Actually, we're considering making another Arkansas State University and putting it in the southwest corner of the state, then we can fight with them over the name. It'll be really strange and we'll have to convince everyone to not call us ASU-Jonesboro, but it'll be cool. We can be the Indians and they can be the Ragin Retards. I don't think anyone has tried anything like it before, but we'll see.

Then again, we could drop a school right in Fayettenam's backyard and call it Two-Lane. That's still just a concept tho.

3. Default Re: ASU's new mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    Little Razorbacks
    Razorback wannabes
    Pigs
    Inbreds
    No, none of those would work. Everyone already associates those names with the school in Faggotville.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus
    Actually, we're considering making another Arkansas State University and putting it in the southwest corner of the state, then we can fight with them over the name. It'll be really strange and we'll have to convince everyone to not call us ASU-Jonesboro, but it'll be cool. We can be the Indians and they can be the Ragin Retards. I don't think anyone has tried anything like it before, but we'll see.

Then again, we could drop a school right in Fayettenam's backyard and call it Two-Lane. That's still just a concept tho.

WEAK! come on, you can do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    WEAK! come on, you can do better than that.
    Haha. Next.

6. Default Re: ASU's new mascot

perfect!!! thats the best thing ive heard all day!

7. Default ASU asks for ruling on mascot

Arkansas State has asked the questions. Now, it’s awaiting the answers.

The university was one of 18 schools whose use of an American Indian mascot has been deemed hostile or abusive by the NCAA. But before submitting an appeal, as other schools have done, Athletic Director Dean Lee said Arkansas State is trying to figure out the NCAA’s thinking regarding its use of Indians as a mascot.

Arkansas State has submitted a series of questions to the NCAA in an effort to find out specifically what ways their portrayal of American Indians are considered offensive. When those questions are answered, Lee said, the university may then proceed with an appeal.

Lee said he hoped to get the answers in a vid-teleconference with the NCAA on Nov. 28.

“According to how they respond to those questions will depend on what our next move is,” Lee said. “I will say that we have been encouraged to file an appeal. Whether we do or not will depend on the conversations we have with the NCAA.”

The rest of the story

BY TODD TRAUB

Sunbelt ULM Mascot list down to 9

Nine mascot finalists, in alphabetical order, to be polled online from March 20-31 on the ULM Web site:

Bayou Bandits

Bayou Bruins

Bayou Gators

Bayou Hawks

Bayou Raiders

Bayou Storm

Hawks

Storm

Warhawks

Full Article

Default Re: ULM Mascot list down to 9

Monroe has bayous?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos
    Monroe has bayous?
    Bayou DesiardI believe.

Its where the world famous ulm@little rock water skiing team practices

The blew it when they decided not to go with Aviators

With the history of Delta Airlines, etc in Monroe, that would have been cool and UNIQUE.

Might be able to leverage "Pilots" into some donations as well.

They have gators in Monroe (other than the Cajuns when they play there)?

Default ULM Mascot Semi-Finalists.

http://www.ulm.edu/mascot/semi.html

Personally? I'd go with Warhawks.

Default Re: ULM Mascot Semi-Finalists.

Is it just me, or does it not seem right to have a team from Arkansas have "Bayou" in its name.

Quote Originally Posted by lxa656
    Is it just me, or does it not seem right to have a team from Arkansas have "Bayou" in its name.
    I bet idiot lspuke fans and the dumb a#$ legislators in BR are hoping that ULM goes with a name that has Bayou in it to further dilute the uniqueness that is UL.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    I bet idiot lspuke fans and the dumb a#$ legislators in BR are hoping that ULM goes with a name that has Bayou in it to further dilute the uniqueness that is UL.
    C'monthere will never, ever be any confusion between us and themeven with Bayou in their name.

I like Marauders myself

Monroe Maraudersrolls off the tongue.

Z.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information