Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: From the Bird's Nest: Five Keys to Beating WKU

Default From the Bird's Nest: Five Keys to Beating WKU

Default Re: From the Bird's Nest: Five Keys to Beating WKU

Couldn't agree more, and if the Cajuns are able to get off to a good start (maybe a 10 pt lead or something), it would be very hard for WKU to come back with such a lack of a passing attack. Let's hope we can contain Rainey and leave "Big Red" with his head hung low, I'm sure our boys remember what happened at HC '10.

Jay has a gift of making even the crappiest SBC teams sound good. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I agree. I'm not saying that the Cajuns can't lose this game, but especially with the beating the Cajuns got last year at the hands of the toppers, I feel pretty good about our chances this week.

If the replay official hadn't screwed em, they'd be 3-0 and you'd be pooping your pants right now. LOL

He didn't make our crappy team sound very good at the beginning of the season.

7. Default Re: From the Bird's Nest: Five Keys to Beating WKU

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    He didn't make our crappy team sound very good at the beginning of the season.
    Bust!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    If the replay official hadn't screwed em, they'd be 3-0 and you'd be pooping your pants right now. LOL
    No I wouldn't. I am not saying a WKU win is impossible, but it looks like we are the more balanced of the two teams. Stay even or better on the turnovers and we win.

WKU's FG kicking is 2/10. If they have to make a 40+ to win, I like our chances. They were not close on their 4 attempts against MT on TV.

Please please please no fumbles by our RB's and no muffed punts please please please.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    WKU's FG kicking is 2/10. If they have to make a 40+ to win, I like our chances. They were not close on their 4 attempts against MT on TV.
    I'm thinking we can really block another FG.possibly take one to the house again.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsHat View Post
    I'm thinking we can really block another FG.possibly take one to the house again.
    We are due for a kick-off and/or punt return for a TD.

41 - 20 with a pick 6

Just like NT last week: hold their RB under 100 and they're DONE. GAME OVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    I've got to say that I agree with the blog. However, two points. I don't mind Rainey getting some yards against us. Rainey didn't kill us last year as we actually contained him fairly well. I think our persistence to stopping him opened up our undisciplined D to Jakes looking like the all american Jay referred to. I would rather crush the line of scrimmage and put relentless pressure on Jakes as I think we can force him into some bad turnovers just like they did with Chris last year.

Also, Jay mentioned that our 3rd down conversion percentage is one of the worst in the belt this year, which it is. However, it doesn't bother me as much because our defense has really improved the 3rd down conversion percentage it allows against us to the mid 20% range. That is huge. We may not be as efficient in that area but we're really making it tough on teams in that department as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information