Thread: NCAA Teams that are Bowl Eligible

Default NCAA Teams that are Bowl Eligible

Just looked it up. There are 70 bowl spots and as of this past Saturday, UL is one of 23 that have become bowl eligible. There are several teams that can become eligible with wins next weekend. Way too early to know how many have a shot by end of season.

Default Re: NCAA Teams that are Bowl Eligible

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmer View Post
    Just looked it up. There are 70 bowl spots and as of this past Saturday, UL is one of 23 that have become bowl eligible. There are several teams that can become eligible with wins next weekend. Way too early to know how many have a shot by end of season.
    Not sure where you're looking, but the Cajuns are one of 17 bowl-eligible teams in the FBS. Only others outside of the six power conferences are Houston and Boise State.

ACC (3): Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech
    Big Ten (4): Illinois, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin
    Big 12 (3): Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Kansas State
    Conference USA (1): Houston
    Mountain West (1): Boise State
    Pac-12 (1): Stanford
    SEC (3): Alabama, LSU, South Carolina
    Sun Belt (1): Cajuns

I thought 23 sounded kinda high to me for only being the 2nd possible week of teams even getting to that 6th win.

Sowhats your point?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Sowhats your point?
    New bowl rule, 1st come, 1st served.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Sowhats your point?
    6 wins keeps us home. Would mean 5 game losing streak. To me, must win 8 games or conference title even though 7 should be guaranteed bowl game for other teams in order to remove any doubt. Too many times have we been passed over and I'm sorry until that string is broken, I will always be skeptical.

You are right, 17 in but with this weekend, there are 6 more guaranteed eligible, making 23.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

6 wins keeps us home. Would mean 5 game losing streak. To me, must win 8 games or conference title even though 7 should be guaranteed bowl game for other teams in order to remove any doubt. Too many times have we been passed over and I'm sorry until that string is broken, I will always be skeptical.

You are right, 17 in but with this weekend, there are 6 more guaranteed eligible, making 23.
    Not true. The NO Bowl is going to take a 6 win UL team. That has been stated by the NO Bowl committee. The NO Bowl wants the Cajuns and has stated they will take us over anyone else in the SBC, even with 6 wins. 6 wins is equal to 7 (or more) this year (ie no longer a rule that all 7 win teams get placed first before 6 win teams). If we do not manage to win the SBC championship, the SBC champion will go to the GoDaddy.com Bowl and we will go to the NO Bowl. If we win the SBC championship, we go to the NO Bowl. It is pretty solid right now that we are heading to the NO Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Not true. The NO Bowl is going to take a 6 win UL team. That has been stated by the NO Bowl committee. The NO Bowl wants the Cajuns and has stated they will take us over anyone else in the SBC, even with 6 wins. 6 wins is equal to 7 (or more) this year (ie no longer a rule that all 7 win teams get placed first before 6 win teams). If we do not manage to win the SBC championship, the SBC champion will go to the GoDaddy.com Bowl and we will go to the NO Bowl. If we win the SBC championship, we go to the NO Bowl. It is pretty solid right now that we are heading to the NO Bowl.
    We don't deserve to go if we only win 6 games this year. This coming from a die hard Cajuns fan with a weekend booked in NOLA the weekend of December 17th. I don't think Coach Hud wants us happy with being at win 6!

Thread Information