View Poll Results: How do we get Louisiana Athletics over the HUMP?

Voters
80. This poll is closed
  • Better Marketing accross Acadiana

24 30.00%
  • Create an Athletic Foundation

48 60.00%
  • Season ticket drives for ALL sports

15 18.75%
  • Continue upgrading the Facilities

38 47.50%
  • Pay Coaches more and give them more staff(money??)

24 30.00%
  • Increase recruiting budgets for ALL sports

26 32.50%
  • Change ticket packages to be more family oriented

9 11.25%
  • Have more coverage on Radio, TV and News Paper for UL

21 26.25%
  • Paint our water towers with Louisiana's Ragin Cajun Country througout Acadiana

10 12.50%
  • Demand funding Changes in our State Legislature

38 47.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO GET LOUISIANA ATHLETICS OVER THE HUMP?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: HOW TO GET LOUISIANA ATHLETICS OVER THE HUMP?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    That is assuming Acadiana is tapped out, and that fund raising efforts have 100% coverage.

I am tempted to ask the same question I asked Nelson S. (over the readio) when he stated a similar line a year before Gerald Hebert was hired.

"If they were only able to raise enough money to cover their own salary, wouldn't it be worth it?"
    Correctamondo, Turbine. Gerald has sure earned his keep and then some. Gerald needs help and hopefully the new AD will fill the assistant position, and help Gerald with some Major Fund Raising. Acadiana is not nearly tapped out, Gerald is just scratching the surface, ask him.

We need to help Gerald by sending businesses to him or setting up meetings for Gerald to come speak at to raise awareness and money!!!

DaddyCajun

UL Football Re: HOW TO GET LOUISIANA ATHLETICS OVER THE HUMP?

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun
    Please clarify. Is the Tiger Athletic Foundation a TOTALLY autonomous financial entity? The TAF website does list some employees of the athletic department, but it does seem to have its own workforce. The answers received will determine my vote.
    Ask Dr A what exactly he meant by that statement!!

Hope to see you at the GAME, Thursday Night!

Default Re: HOW TO GET LOUISIANA ATHLETICS OVER THE HUMP?

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    play more AA schools---it's the only one we won, and i was sweating that onw at half [literally and figuratively].
    ~~~~~ho_e please stop posting here you're post makes no sence? We can't make money playing AA schools

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    ~~~~~ho_e please stop posting here you're post makes no sence? We can't make money playing AA schools
    Cant respond to a.ss.inine posts like that one... Not good for your health..

Dude is a clown..

Z.

The first thing UL has to do is make every attempt to throw off its regional image... hell, even when we do get on tv for a game, half the time the announcer calls us "Lafayette"... stop the contempt toward Baton Rouge... They are the biggest city in the state and if UL wants to be a STATE school, that has to stop...

Second thing is that the Sun Belt is going nowhere... there is a stigma of weakness about the Sun Belt, especially in football, that will never go away.. being at the bottom of a Mid-Major is better than being in the middle of the Sun Belt pack.. look at CUSA.. they have about, what, 6 bowl tie-ins?...

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Can you explain your answer, Cajunjudo? Hee Ya!!!

DaddyCajun

ps See everyone at the game!!!!!!!

It would be kind of neat to see "Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns" on some water towers, but I don't think it would help our athletics get "over" the hump.

Also, I don't know of any colleges (other then ULM) that have this kind of advertising. It seems too high-schoolish to me.

(It would cost a lot a money to do, it would fade, and it just doesn't seem to fit where I would like to see our (my) University go in the future.)

I don't associate "Big Time" universities with water towers.

p.s.
    Contrary to public belief (along with Austin Powers)....
    There is no such thing as a Judo chop.

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun
    Please clarify. Is the Tiger Athletic Foundation a TOTALLY autonomous financial entity? The TAF website does list some employees of the athletic department, but it does seem to have its own workforce. The answers received will determine my vote.
    What would the problems be if UL had an autonomous athletic foundation? The money collected would be sent exactly where the members felt it should go, wouldn't it? I guess the best thing to do, would be to contact Gerald and be assertive in donating and getting others to do the same. I've recently started working post graduation and I will begin to cut checks. Everyone else should do the same...

water towers. jesus. i saw one the other day that said 'kentwood kangaroos.' sounds like a great idea. put water ski championship on one while we're at it.

another thought: everybody thinks the name change is so big a deal. lafayette is in louisiana, hence 'louisiana.' why not go first class---louisiana is in the usa, so let's go for "AMERICA." now that would get us over the hump. think of recruiting!

9. Default Re: HOW TO GET LOUISIANA ATHLETICS OVER THE HUMP?

ULL needs to face the fact that ULL football would be better off playing at the D1AA level. ULL and ULM should both be playing at the D1AA level and it would be very interesting to see ULL, ULM, and McNeeese all playing
    football at the same level and in the same conference if possible.

How many years of blaming LSU, LSU fans, the State Legislature, among others will be enough? The truth is that ULL is struggling with both attendance and funding which at the current rate will ensure ULL will always be what it is right now at the D1A level, at the bottom.

If ULL played at the D1AA level, travel and overhead would be reduced and
    attendance and ticket sales would rise which would increased revenues. Then there is the fact that ULL would have a good chance of getting into the D1AA playoffs on a regular basis and could become a power in D1AA along with McNeese. For example, ULM was successful at the D1AA level and even won a National Championship. I doubt their fans are truly enjoying being a rent-a-win team at the D1A level just for the sake of saying they are playing D1A level football.

Regarding the poll at the top of this thread, the percentagesare interesting.
    Currently, the percentages total over 298 percent. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by STRIPES
    ULL needs to face the fact that ULL football would be better off playing at the D1AA level. ULL and ULM should both be playing at the D1AA level and it would be very interesting to see ULL, ULM, and McNeeese all playing

How many years of blaming LSU, LSU fans, the State Legislature, among others will be enough? The truth is that ULL is struggling with both attendance and funding which at the current rate will ensure ULL will always be what it is right now at the D1A level, at the bottom.

attendance and ticket sales would rise which would increased revenues. Then there is the fact that ULL would have a good chance of getting into the D1AA playoffs on a regular basis and could become a power in D1AA along with McNeese. For example, ULM was successful at the D1AA level and even won a National Championship. I doubt their fans are truly enjoying being a rent-a-win team at the D1A level just for the sake of saying they are playing D1A level football.

Besides football... we do well in almost every other major sport. Why would we want to drop to 2A? We wouldn't get the revenues we are currently getting. That is why we stayed 1A. Instead of taking the cheap way out, how about we get better and win some damn games.

Quote Originally Posted by theragincajun06
    Besides football... we do well in almost every other major sport. Why would we want to drop to 2A? We wouldn't get the revenues we are currently getting. That is why we stayed 1A. Instead of taking the cheap way out, how about we get better and win some damn games.
    RaginCajun06, don't even bother with these front runners from the other side of the basin. Look how all the jackweeds like mineshaft, sonnysis, reality3003 all come out of the wood works at times like these, lol.

Most of the politicians are attorneys. Most of the attorneys in this state graduate from LSU. Most of the attorneys in this state are easily bought.

We have two options: 1) buy off the attorneys. 2) Add a law school curriculum at UL.

Quote Originally Posted by showdog
    Most of the politicians are attorneys. Most of the attorneys in this state graduate from LSU. Most of the attorneys in this state are easily bought.

We have two options: 1) buy off the attorneys. 2) Add a law school curriculum at UL.
    I'll go with option #2.

FIU added a law school a couple years ago and they are making real strides over there.

Quote Originally Posted by STRIPES

YES, we all know where you THINK our place is...and you've got no takers here. Why don't you go play on your own board?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    YES, HE SAID IT WOULD BE A DUPLICATION OF STAFF AND WE CAN NOT AFFORD THIS!!!
    That is because he is an idiot. Firing him and getting a new president who gives a damn about athletics should be on your list.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information