Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Bowl - Board Member Info

Default New Orleans Bowl - Board Member Info

I was at my sons football game and met a board member of the RL Carrier New Orleans Bowl and we talked about the success of the UL Football Program. I told him I graduated from USL/UL in 1982 and how excited we are about finally going to a bowl game this year. He said that the RL Carrier New Orleans Bowl really has wanted and really want UL to go to the New Orleans Bowl this year and that they are really trying to make it happen. He said that they have always wanted UL in New Orleans for the bowl game, but it never happened because of our record. He said that the perfect matchup that they are hoping for is University of Houston and UL to play each other. I told him that I guaranteed that we would have at least 40,000 attending the bowl game and he said that they were thinking about 25,000. I said no way because finally we have Coach Hud and the players that believe and are coached very well and are conditioned, players stepping up and coaches are finally coaching up our players. I told him that we would like to go to the New Orleans Bowl, but if our record permits up, which I believe it will, that we will go to a better bowl game than the New Orleans Bowl. But, with that said I have waited 29 years for Coach Hud to arrive and perservered through the Baldwin, Bustle and Authement years with frustration and we have a whole Cajun Nation that will travel to watch our beloved Cajuns to play football. I also told him that we have been averaging 28,000 fans in the SWAMP.

2. Default Re: New orleans Bowl - Board Member Info

In situations like that you say---We are knocking at 30K a game in attendance---Also that we just make the perfect fit to help CUSA with our location between Memp, UAB, Tulane, Houst, and Rice---With the way we travel--it helps everybody!!!

Default Re: New orleans Bowl - Board Member Info

We've only won five games.

Been down this road before Koma and I'm scared to get excited.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    We've only won five games.

Been down this road before Koma and I'm scared to get excited.
    me too. remember Fenroy's and Desormeaux's senior year? That was a huge letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    me too. remember Fenroy's and Desormeaux's senior year? That was a huge letdown.
    I hate to be the one to have to tell you guys, but if you are looking to be let down then your gonna be disappointed cause it aint gonna happen. The worst this team is gonna do is 10-2. They have already proven they can win on the road. They've already proven they can win in just about any kind of situation with either QB leading the team. They've already proven they can win in the rain & elements. It's time to face the music & admit this team is very good. Personally I am convinced they will run the table. Why? Because running the table isn't too big of a task for this group. They realize it's a one game at a time mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I hate to be the one to have to tell you guys, but if you are looking to be let down then your gonna be disappointed cause it aint gonna happen. The worst this team is gonna do is 10-2. They have already proven they can win on the road. They've already proven they can win in just about any kind of situation with either QB leading the team. They've already proven they can win in the rain & elements. It's time to face the music & admit this team is very good. Personally I am convinced they will run the table. Why? Because running the table isn't too big of a task for this group. They realize it's a one game at a time mission.
    I will in no way, shape, or form be upset if we are not let down. I'm not saying a let down is going to happen. But I have been disappointed too many times as a Cajun fan in the past to not have the "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude. I've seen this team lose ever since I was old enough to watch football. It's understandable that, in the back of my mind, I'm still a bit skeptical. And I think saying the worst we will do is 10-2 is being way to confident. The more we win, the harder it becomes to beat teams. And we are about to play the majority of our remaining games on the road (4 out of our last 5 on the road). It will be a tougher challenge every week. I think we will finish around 8 or 9 wins. but that late season collapse is still in the back of my mind.

I hope we do not go 10-2 this year. If we do, Hud will be introduced in December as the new head coach at Ole Miss.

This run that the Cajuns are having makes me think about the Saints in '09. I just hope Coach Hud keeps them focused on the next game, one game at a time. But don't write off Arkansas St. Arkansas St. is poised to do well this season and that will be a tough game on the road. The things I can see from watching all the games live on espn3.com\Ragin Station is each week the Cajuns are getting BETTER, less penalties, making crucial 3rd Downs, etc.

The only thing we can do is get the word out and support the Cajuns football effort in every way shape and form.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDawgPound View Post
    I hope we do not go 10-2 this year. If we do, Hud will be introduced in December as the new head coach at Ole Miss.
    I don't want to go 10 and 2 either. I want to go 11 and 1.and whatever happens after that happens.

For now, though, I'm not talking or thinking about a bowl. I'm thinking about going 6 and 1!

Personally I made my reservations in New Orleans a week ago.Geaux Cajuns.

11. Default Re: New orleans Bowl - Board Member Info

I have no reservations about going to New Orleans for a bowl game.

6-1 works for me right now. I am really excited the company man I work for is letting me come in for the game I will be home tonight. Geaux Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    6-1 works for me right now. I am really excited the company man I work for is letting me come in for the game I will be home tonight. Geaux Cajuns.
    I'd say you owe him a Ragin Cajun t-shirt!

Seeing that he played ball for LSU he would probably run me off if I gave him a Cajun T-shirt lol

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    Personally I made my reservations in New Orleans a week ago.Geaux Cajuns.
    Me too! If I have to change to another city, I will do that too!

Z

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information