Thread: BCS ranking possible

Default BCS ranking possible

Looking at the formula that the BCS uses, Louisiana could be a few weeks away from a legit, top-25 BCS ranking.

The BCS uses a 3 pronged formula. One is the computer poll average. One is the Harris Poll. One is the USA Today poll.

Of the computer polls, they throw out the highest ranking and the lowest ranking your team has. Then, they average the rest.

Currently, UL is ranked everywhere except the USA Today poll. Excluding that, and following the rest of the BCS formula, the Cajuns have a BCS ranking of #36.

It is conceivable that if the Cajuns continue winning, that the USA Today poll would begin to show votes for UL in a few weeks, thus completing the formula.

Default Re: BCS ranking possible

I said this earlier in the season. If we somehow manage to win out we would easily be in all the top 25 polls even if we all know we aren't a top 25 team. It's going to be really tough to win out. But we should be favored to win every game from here on out. Even against Arizona. Good times.

If we pick up wins this weekend and next, I think out stock will really start to climb. I think it would be hard to ignore a 7-1 team.

I don't see us being favored against Arizona (only because they're Arizona), but I do believe we can win.

Edit: holy cow, Arizona is doing baaad this year. They started out with a win, but then dropped the last 5 in a row. Complete opposite of us

And the win was against an FCS opponent.

Thread Information