Thread: Gates to Cajun Basin

Default Gates to Cajun Basin

Did you see the new gates? Now all it needs is the black fence that's around the intramural field. That would be perfect!

2. Default Gates to Cajun Basin

From CajunDome Boulevard to Reinhart Drive

Attached Images Attached Images  

3. Default Re: Gates to Cajun Basin

From Bertrand to Reinhart Drive. There is a brand new state of the art sporting venue smack dab to the right when you go through this gate.

The new track and soccer field are the closest of any to a gate. I call the venue Gate-R-Cove

4. Default Re: Gates to Cajun Basin

From Congress to central parking

5. Default Re: Gates to Cajun Basin

From Bertand to general parking and tailgating

Default Re: Gates to Cajun Basin

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    Did you see the new gates? Now all it needs is the black fence that's around the intramural field. That would be perfect!
    I hope they move the chain link fences. They look kind of silly in front of the bricks.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Gates to Cajun Basin

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    I hope they move the chain link fences. They look kind of silly in front of the bricks.
    Nice fund raiser to buy sections of rot iron fencing for say $350 to $500 and build this fence around the whole complex. Each section would have the donars name plate on it and would be some 8' long. Would take quite a few but start from each gate and work towards the next gate, presaling the whole thing.

DaddyCajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Nice fund raiser to buy sections of rot iron fencing for say $350 to $500 and build this fence around the whole complex. Each section would have the donars name plate on it and would be some 8' long. Would take quite a few but start from each gate and work towards the next gate, presaling the whole thing.

DaddyCajun!!
    Pushing local company's to front the money to beautify the complex is a needed idea, but.

Just out of curiosity, how hard would it be to reverse the plaques as opposed to those on the State Farm gate? How much is being charged to advertise on those gates? I would be willing to take the smaller plaque so that the cajun disc is in the forefront. The Boston Garden lost it's mystique when it became the Fleet Center (I know Larry Legend has everyting to do with the Garden Mystique, but I think you know what I mean.); I don't want to go see the cajuns play at State Farm Field!

How prevalent is this form of fund raising in other schools? Is it possible to present the advertising opportunities in a way that UL is prominent and not the advertiser? We look desperate.and we are (for money), but is there a way to not look that way?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel
    no not blaming the agents. I am just sad that so much money and effort has been put into the swamp gates and there is nothing to show for it.
    DaddyCajun???

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    Do we know if they are going to put the Louisiana's Ragin Cajun Logo on each side of each brick entrance gate? It would appear that these are still not completed and that sponsors for each gate will be advertised based on a picture above for Acadiana Ambulance. Do we know if that is correct? This should be a huge improvement over the current entrances. Can someone photo the new signage around the athletic complex? Thanks.

I noticed today that the storm stole a few parts of the letters off the stadium.

The big Louisiana Ragin Cajun sign near the Track and Bertrand is busted up. Anyone know of any other damage?

DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    The big Louisiana Ragin Cajun sign near the Track and Bertrand is busted up. Anyone know of any other damage?

DaddyCajun
    That, the letters on "CAJUN FIELD," the fence at the track/soccer facility and a light standard on the football practice field are the only things I know of. Lili pushed some water into the press box at Cajun Field, so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case again.

The Cajundome has a ton of water damage, including some to the video replay board.

Thread Information