View Poll Results: Who will be the 2005 SBC Champs?

Voters
32. This poll is closed
  • Arkansas State

2 6.25%
  • Florida Atlantic

3 9.38%
  • Flordia International

0 0%
  • Middle Tennessee

3 9.38%
  • North Texas

21 65.63%
  • Troy

2 6.25%
  • ULM

1 3.13%

Thread: Who will be the conference champs this year?

UL Football Who will be the conference champs this year?

Besides the Cajuns (not an option in this poll) who do you think will be the SBC Champs in 2005?

Default Re: Who will be the conference champs this year?

What no Cajuns? I'm thinking Troy finishes second

It's North Texas until someone shows otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    It's North Texas until someone shows otherwise.
    The popular, and probably safest pick. That's why I went out on a limb and picked Ark St.

What I've seen FAU bring to the table makes me believe they're most realistic to topple UNT and take conference.

God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    What I've seen FAU bring to the table makes me believe they're most realistic to topple UNT and take conference.

God Bless
    FAU last year.yes.
    FAU this year.no.

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    The popular, and probably safest pick. That's why I went out on a limb and picked Ark St.
    Not trying to be safe, just right.

I know Middle Tenn lost to UNT last week, but I still say they will finish on top.

UL Football Re: Who will be the conference champs this year?

Quote Originally Posted by campo118
    I know Middle Tenn lost to UNT last week, but I still say they will finish on top.
    Nope, if Middle could not beat NT then they are out! NT is my pick if unless some bunch of RAGIN CAJUN's decide to play BUSTLE BALL and kick a little T & N.

DaddyCajun!

I voted for FAU based on what I saw of then against Oklahoma State but I also think ASU is a good choice also based on how they have played so far.

Would anybody like to rethink their NT choice after Tulsa pummeled them saturday

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    Would anybody like to rethink their NT choice after Tulsa pummeled them saturday
    That was a shocker, but what did the other SBC teams do (besides us)? NOBODY stepped up as the team likely to displace UNT atop the 'Belt. Until another team shows they are capable, I'm sticking with my initial pick of North Texas. I do think they are ripe for dethroning, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are. I just can't name anyone at this time who would replace them at the top. I'd love it to be us. But our defense is way too suspect at this point. Troy is down this year. Middle Tenn. already lost to the Mean Green. Maybe Ark. State or FL Atlantic. They've shown some signs of competitiveness. But neither appears strong enough to go through conference unscathed. I really think it's a toss-up. Whoever has the ball bounce their way has a good chance to win the Sun Belt this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    That was a shocker, but what did the other SBC teams do (besides us)? NOBODY stepped up as the team likely to displace UNT atop the 'Belt. Until another team shows they are capable, I'm sticking with my initial pick of North Texas. I do think they are ripe for dethroning, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are. I just can't name anyone at this time who would replace them at the top. I'd love it to be us. But our defense is way too suspect at this point. Troy is down this year. Middle Tenn. already lost to the Mean Green. Maybe Ark. State or FL Atlantic. They've shown some signs of competitiveness. But neither appears strong enough to go through conference unscathed. I really think it's a toss-up. Whoever has the ball bounce their way has a good chance to win the Sun Belt this year.
    I agree. This year we could see the winner with 2 conference losses and they go to the bowl game due to a tie-breaker. If our defense can pony up some more, I think we have the horses to surprise a lot of teams in the conference.

14. Default Re: Who will be the conference champs this year?

I think North Texas has shown itself otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by galojay
    I think North Texas has shown itself otherwise.
    Wonder why the poll does not include the Ragin "Sexy" Cajuns. Oh! I forgot, they are at the bottom of the Sun Belt standings

Thread Information