Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: R u Tired???

Default R u Tired???

How many of you are tired about all the negative post about losing 2 weeks in a row in football. 2 weeks ago all i read was how much love everyone had for Bustle and how he was turning things around and now all I see on here or the delphi board is.Bustle needs to do a lot better job, we need to move back to 1-AA (we have never been in 1-AA so there is no moving back), and best of all I get on delphi and everyone is jumping on the Autheman (that is not spelled right and I realize that) has held this university down for to long bandwagon.

I understand everyone is frustrated, because I am feeling the same way that you guys are but we have 9 games left this season. (hopefully 10) Sure if we have a losing season the administration needs to look hard at the coaching staff and figure out what went wrong and why the team he put together didn't get it done but untill the end of the year lets calm down.

This team is talented and if you can't look at them and see they are more talented than last year or the year before you should watch more football. The have speed that this university has never seen, Fenroy and Rubin have both looked good running the football, Derek Smith has been a huge bright spot in both games, and Babb played a good game throwing for over 200 and running for another 70 yards. This season is not over by a long shot and we have the talent to make things happen.

I predict us to beat Northwestern and then lose to Central Florida (if you get a chance to watch them play they are much improved from last year) but I still believe in the end we will end up 6-5.

Have a nice day guys and relax because we still have a lot of games left and a lot of fun tailgating and football to pass the next few months.

Default Re: R u Tired???

Right on. I am looking forward to Saturday's game as much as any other!!

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    I personal can't wait any long for some Cajun football at the Swamp (Win) and some good tailgating.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    I'm as disappointed in last week's loss as any of you; but damn if I'm going to miss the home opener! Nobody passes as good a time as Cajuns, so lets get out there, have some fun, and cheer on our Ragin Cajuns. They need us to show up and give them a real home field advantage. Lets get a win and build on the positive.

Shof

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    I'm as disappointed in last week's loss as any of you; but damn if I'm going to miss the home opener! Nobody passes as good a time as Cajuns, so lets get out there, have some fun, and cheer on our Ragin Cajuns. They need us to show up and give them a real home field advantage. Lets get a win and build on the positive.

Shof
    As I said before "Ricky Bustle will won 7 games write it down". This just makes it a little tougher. I will be there too. Can't wait to see everbody.
    Headragincajun1

but the fact that they're faster, and more talented, and better conditioned. is why the pitiful results have to make people look, now, at the staff, the department, etc. Texas game wasn't going to be won, i realize, but it looked like they could've won 100-3 if they chose to---why couldn't it be more competitive? UAB threw into the end zone to nearly tie Ga at Ga; TCU whipped OU at OU. Nicholls basically had Indiana beat at IU. Watching the UT/UL game made one realize why they have weight limits in boxing and wrestling--but as you say, UL has never been in 1AA, so why shouldn't they be able to be respectable against another 1A team? Then to play one of the perenially bad teams in 1A and not to be able to stay w/in 2 touchdowns is awful, and it warrants all the complaints we've heard the last few days. Bustle admitted it was "putrid" and putrid results call for hard scrutiny. I hope to have fun at the game this saturday, but a win against aa AA team won't make the last 2 weeks any prettier. life must bring alot of knocks to someone envisioning a 10 win season for this program.

sonsissymia, ref. post #6. I see your glass is still half empty.

square---these two games on top of 3 four win seasons in a row don't even have authement looking at a half-full glass. this is bustle's 4th year--by this time zook and willingham were both gone, without anyone saying they were bad people. they simply didn't produce like the masses expected, got scrutinized and lost their jobs. in willingham's case, everybody admitted n.d. didn't get the same kind of athlete they used to get, but oh well. here, we all think the team is more talented, faster.AND has an easier schedule with the likes of directional michigan!!! i'm not saying fire anybody, but you can't blindly say, 'hey, they're hopefully 10 more games in the season--i'm ok, you're ok.'

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    square---these two games on top of 3 four win seasons in a row don't even have authement looking at a half-full glass. this is bustle's 4th year--by this time zook and willingham were both gone, without anyone saying they were bad people. they simply didn't produce like the masses expected, got scrutinized and lost their jobs. in willingham's case, everybody admitted n.d. didn't get the same kind of athlete they used to get, but oh well. here, we all think the team is more talented, faster.AND has an easier schedule with the likes of directional michigan!!! i'm not saying fire anybody, but you can't blindly say, 'hey, they're hopefully 10 more games in the season--i'm ok, you're ok.'
    I guess it comes down to different expectations for programs like Florida and Notre Dame. Lets not compare apples to oranges; D-1A or not. Those program's alumni and financial supporters expect National Championships, and they have the budgets to back it up. Right now, I think we want respectability; and we're not there yet. Haven't been for a decade now. If you use only the last two games as a barometer, we're not even close. If the season goes the way of the first 2 games, people will jump on that bandwagon calling for heads, etc. I may be smoking some good stuff; but I still believe this program under Coach Bustle is moving in the right direction. Fast enough? Not for most of us! But are you ready to start all over again and have another new guy come in and say "just give me 4 years"? I think I'll stick a little longer with this regime.
    Cheers and see you Saturday in Lafayette!

Shof

9-2 in 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    UAB threw into the end zone to nearly tie Ga at Ga; TCU whipped OU at OU. Nicholls basically had Indiana beat at IU. Watching the UT/UL game made one realize why they have weight limits in boxing and wrestling

And UAB almost beat Tennessee not Goergia. Any Non-BCS program that went into Texas that first week was going to be taken a part limb for limb like we were.I would have loved to be playing Tennesse instead of Texas because I believe that would have been a much more competitive game. I would rather see us play teams like Kansas, South Carolina, Kansas State,or Vanderbelt type teams from BCS conferences and not top 10 quality teams because it is just like it is called a body bag game. But that isn't who we scheduled so I can live with the result of the Texas game. Last week left a really sour taste in my mouth and left me feeling worse than any loss UL has had in the last few years but I'm not going to see back and call for a coaches head when there is still 9 games left in the season.

Should we be critical of the coaches.YES but unlike some people I look at a lot of positives from these games. Last week against EMU we had more total yards and more yards per play than them and we we cut out the brain farts out the game would have been a lot better and maybe even had a different result as for as us lossing. Against Texas and EMU Derek Smith played very well and could possible be the best receiver we have on the team other than Sampy. Celeb Rubin and Fenroy both played good in the games against Texas and EMU. I look at all of this as facts that we are a better team and that if we do cut out the brain farts we will go 6-5 this season and contend for the conference title.

Once again am I happy being 0-2 at this point of the season.no but I knew before the EMU game that if we didn't play our best we would be 0-2 coming back to cajun field for the Northwestern game because of how productive the EMU offense is. I had 2 scenerio's coming into the season and in both we went 6-5. In 1 I had us 1-3 after the first 4 games of the season going into conference play and in the other I had us 2-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    How many of you are tired about all the negative post about losing 2 weeks in a row in football. 2 weeks ago all i read was how much love everyone had for Bustle and how he was turning things around and now all I see on here or the delphi board is.Bustle needs to do a lot better job, we need to move back to 1-AA (we have never been in 1-AA so there is no moving back), and best of all I get on delphi and everyone is jumping on the Autheman (that is not spelled right and I realize that) has held this university down for to long bandwagon.

I understand everyone is frustrated, because I am feeling the same way that you guys are but we have 9 games left this season. (hopefully 10) Sure if we have a losing season the administration needs to look hard at the coaching staff and figure out what went wrong and why the team he put together didn't get it done but untill the end of the year lets calm down.

This team is talented and if you can't look at them and see they are more talented than last year or the year before you should watch more football. The have speed that this university has never seen, Fenroy and Rubin have both looked good running the football, Derek Smith has been a huge bright spot in both games, and Babb played a good game throwing for over 200 and running for another 70 yards. This season is not over by a long shot and we have the talent to make things happen.

I predict us to beat Northwestern and then lose to Central Florida (if you get a chance to watch them play they are much improved from last year) but I still believe in the end we will end up 6-5.

Have a nice day guys and relax because we still have a lot of games left and a lot of fun tailgating and football to pass the next few months.
    I'm still with you, brother! But your "bright spot" paragraph didn't mention defense. I'm more concerned about the D than anything else. Particularly that front 7.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun
    I'm still with you, brother! But your "bright spot" paragraph didn't mention defense. I'm more concerned about the D than anything else. Particularly that front 7.
    Our defensive bright spots are the same that they were last year in our secondary. Michael Adams has played good back there but his performance on special teams last week makes it hard to mention his name. Also Lamar Morgan has been playing well but will see as the season moves along and hopefully see some guys in the front 7 start to make some big plays

Ragin' Cajuns Re: R u Tired???

I'm tired of losing

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    I'm tired of losing
    So that makes you and individual! Quit griping get a ticket and stand in line. Its like the barbershop!! Sheez!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information