Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Attendance ranking.

Default Attendance ranking.

There are 49 schools (not counting TCU) in the MWC, CUSA, SBC, MAC, and WAC combined.

Louisiana is ranked 12th out of these schools in average attendance at 27,540

Schools above us:

50,012 East Carolina
    45,835 San Diego State
    42,712 UCF
    38,233 Air Force
    37,222 Temple
    34,059 Boise State
    33,879 Hawaii
    31,575 Houston
    29,803 Fresno State
    29,336 Marshall
    28,895 Arkansas State

Out of these same 49 schools, Louisiana ranks 10th in Percent Stadium Capacity at 89%

Default Re: Attendance ranking.

did arkansas state play one of those away from home games but we still call it a home game or who have they played at home so far this year?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    There are 49 schools (not counting TCU) in the MWC, CUSA, SBC, MAC, and WAC combined.

Louisiana is ranked 12th out of these schools in average attendance at 27,540

Schools above us:

50,012 East Carolina
    45,835 San Diego State
    42,712 UCF
    38,233 Air Force
    37,222 Temple
    34,059 Boise State
    33,879 Hawaii
    31,575 Houston
    29,803 Fresno State
    29,336 Marshall
    28,895 Arkansas State

Out of these same 49 schools, Louisiana ranks 10th in Percent Stadium Capacity at 89%
    Wait, I'm confused.Where is LA Tech? I thought they were better than us?

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    did arkansas state play one of those away from home games but we still call it a home game or who have they played at home so far this year?
    http://www.astateredwolves.com/Sport.98&SPSID=35787

Both games were at ASU stadium against rivals Central Arkansas and Memphis.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Both games were at ASU stadium against rivals Central Arkansas and Memphis.
    I imagine the Central Arkansas game gave them a similar attendence lift like when we play McNeese or Southern.

I'd bet that both schools brought several thousand fans to Jonesboro.

thats what i was thinking CajunZ, had to be something for the inflated numbers

Still, very impressive numbers from the Wolves. Freeze has had a similar effect as Hud to a certain extent in that aspect

Looking down the road, this is shaping up to be a record breaking year for attendance.

We have 3 home games left.

Next week will probably be our lowest attended game of the year due to LSU hosting Florida and rain mentioned in the forecast.

However, win or lose this Saturday, Homecoming week will sell-out. It also helps that LSU is on the road that week.

Last home game on Nov. 5th is against ULM. LSU is also on the road that week. If we are still in the SBC title hunt, I predict a sell-out crowd again.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Still, very impressive numbers from the Wolves. Freeze has had a similar effect as Hud to a certain extent in that aspect
    But Sandra Bullock still owns Hugh Freeze.

Looking down the road, this is shaping up to be a record breaking year for attendance.

Next week will probably be our lowest attended game of the year due to LSU hosting Florida and rain mentioned in the forecast.

However, win or lose this Saturday, Homecoming week will sell-out. It also helps that LSU is on the road that week.

Last home game on Nov. 5th is against ULM. LSU is also on the road that week. If we are still in the SBC title hunt, I predict a sell-out crowd again.
    Not that it matters anyway, but the weather forecasts I have seen changed the 20% chance of rain on Friday and Saturday to 0% ( or negligible).

I would expect a larger crowd than this past week because, LSU is still at home (same as last week - I know a FEW people went to both games); we are playing more of a rival in Troy than FAU; winning cures all and gets a few more in the stadium.

I hope to god your wrong, this could be the most important home game we've had in recent history. Last big game we had at the swamp was again against Troy in 2009, but this one could be bigger because we could position ourselves for a conference championship. Anything under 30k is disappointing for this game.

The November 5 game against ULM. LSU is on the road but they play Alabama. It is anticipated that the LSU/Alabama game will be moved to 7 pm for national TV but if it remains a day game, it would really put a damper on the ULM attendance.

We might as well not worry about stadium upgrades, because it seems that we are always looking to where LSU plays and what festivals they have etc. Until our fans go just because UL is at home playing we will never draw more that 30k on a regular basis.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information