Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Attendance ranking.

Default Re: Attendance ranking.

LSU A&M BR is not a factor in our attendance in my eyes. Tigger stadium is sold out and is always sold out mostly with season ticket holders, so unless these extra people are only going to tailgate then the numbers sould not fluctuate. I think that instead of worrying about when the tiggers play or how many people stay out and tailgate the key to more numbers is to bring a friend to a game or talk up the game to people you know that have not attended in a while. We now apparantly have a product that appears to be a good one that is on the rise, a game day experience that is like no other around, and a product that is reasonably priced which a whole family can come out and enjoy. These things are what will increase our attendance not what another school is or isnt doing.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    LSU A&M BR is not a factor in our attendance in my eyes.
    ??????????????????????

I drive from BR for our gamesthey VERY MUCH effect our attendance! I know several people that only come to UL games when LSU is on the road, and will not consider going to a UL home game if LSU is at home.

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    ??????????????????????

I drive from BR for our gamesthey VERY MUCH effect our attendance! I know several people that only come to UL games when LSU is on the road, and will not consider going to a UL home game if LSU is at home.
    Yep. Most of my family is high tailing it over there on Saturday for some odd reason. Zero LSU alumni in our family. Go figure. I might be alone on this but wouldn't it be cool if a strange red mist descended on all roads leading out of Baton Rouge during a Tiger's game making visibility absolutely zero, and all the people who flock to Baton Rouge are forced to stay their for an extended period of time? Just a thought.

You can pick and choose your friends. but you are stuck with your family.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    We might as well not worry about stadium upgrades, because it seems that we are always looking to where LSU plays and what festivals they have etc. Until our fans go just because UL is at home playing we will never draw more that 30k on a regular basis.
    Upgrading the stadium and expanding the capacity are 2 different things. Cajun field needs upgrading and a slight increase in capacity would not be a bad thing either. To me the ideal stadium would seat 35k with more revenue opportunities with boxes, club seats, etc. Keeping some of the grass in 1 or both end zones would allow for the occasional 40k crowd. Any thing bigger than that would cause a supply glut.

6. Default Re: Attendance ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Keeping some of the grass in 1 or both end zones would allow for the occasional 40k crowd. Any thing bigger than that would cause a supply glut.
    Seating around the tunnel with a levee party on the other end would be nice.

If I'm not mistaken, when the stadium is upgraded, the West side will be reduced slightly in capacity; hence the need to bowl at least 1 of the endzones. Net result should be a slight increase in capacity when both are done. Bowling both endzones (if that were to ever occur) would probably get us over 40,000 seating capacity. But that is just my best guess. I have not seen any renderings.

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    Wait, I'm confused.Where is LA Tech? I thought they were better than us?
    Even though teams like Boise State and Hawaii travel to Ruston on a yearly basis LA Tech still had trouble getting people to show up. Just wait till next year when their biggest name opponents will be Idaho and SJSU. I fully expect that they will be fighting with ULM to see who has the worst attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Even though teams like Boise State and Hawaii travel to Ruston on a yearly basis LA Tech still had trouble getting people to show up. Just wait till next year when their biggest name opponents will be Idaho and SJSU. I fully expect that they will be fighting with ULM to see who has the worst attendance.
    Except next year ULM has Arkansas at "home" in Little Rock, so to that end, it will be no contest officially between them and the Latex.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    We might as well not worry about stadium upgrades, because it seems that we are always looking to where LSU plays and what festivals they have etc. Until our fans go just because UL is at home playing we will never draw more that 30k on a regular basis.
    We really should put more effort into expanding our tailgating facilities for those that want to stay outside the stadiums during games. We want them to be comfortable and kiss their ___ as much as possible since they contribute so much to the stadium atmosphere during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    Except next year ULM has Arkansas at "home" in Little Rock, so to that end, it will be no contest officially between them and the Latex.
    LOL! Yes, one of the Hoax fans actually made the claim that they lead the Belt in attendance.

Consistant winning will increase our attendance figures over time. The Cajuns are 4-1 and on a four game winning streak for the first time in a long time. People in, and around the Lafayette area, are still in shock and it is still way too soon for fringe fans to completely buy into the program and adjust their Saturday game day habits. Once Hud gets this program winning on a consistant basis, people will buy into Cajun football and realize they can have as much fun at Cajun Field as they can in Baton Rouge without the drive. I think it is amazing that after only 5 games into his Coaching tenure here at UL, Coach Hud has inspired fans to come out and average about 27,000 fans per game, the second highest total in the State of Louisiana. This has been accomplished even with the No. 1 ranked team in America only 60 miles away!!! Things around here are quickly changing, but we must remember that Rome was not built overnight! Geaux Cajuns!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Consistant winning will increase our attendance figures over time. The Cajuns are 4-1 and on a four game winning streak for the first time in a long time. People in, and around the Lafayette area, are still in shock and it is still way too soon for fringe fans to completely buy into the program and adjust their Saturday game day habits. Once Hud gets this program winning on a consistant basis, people will buy into Cajun football and realize they can have as much fun at Cajun Field as they can in Baton Rouge without the drive. I think it is amazing that after only 5 games into his Coaching tenure here at UL, Coach Hud has inspired fans to come out and average about 27,000 fans per game, the second highest total in the State of Louisiana. This has been accomplished even with the No. 1 ranked team in America only 60 miles away!!! Things around here are quickly changing, but we must remember that Rome was not built overnight! Geaux Cajuns!
    Exactly. We accomplished getting a few of the next layer of fans to start coming to our games, based strictly on hype. I am hopeful they will keep showing up as we continue our winning ways. We'll also add a few more people as it becomes obvious that this is one of the most incredible seasons in UL football history. We'll see why later on down the road.

Hudspeth is going beyond the norm in getting our program launched. It's amazing how he doesn't leave a single stone unturned. He realizes that for every small return on his initial effort, a larger return is on its way. Those that are willing to help in laying his foundation are pitching in. Once the walls are up and others see that it isn't just a myth. we're going to get rolling. I actually expect the next biggest complaints not to be "tailgaters in the parking lot". We are only games away from having the luxurious problems of other major programs.

I absolutely cannot wait to hear all of that HUGE beeyothing. Get your hip boots on folks. the crying and slobbering over success is soon to come. You cannot have a winning football program and not have luxurious problems.

I was watching Hawaii run over LA Tech before the tampa texas baseball game and the was announced the attendance as 25k plus. It was either the 2nd or 3rd largest crowd in Tech history at their own stadium.

Temple's attendance is atrifically inflated by a "home" game against Penn St in Philly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information