Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Attendance ranking.

Default Re: Attendance ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I knew you were being sarcastic & refering to your gripe in the other attendance thread, but I agree with your point. I can understand people tailgating at an LSU game because there are only so many tickets to go around to get in. Although I wouldn't want to fight their traffic just to tailgate. To me the whole purpose of tailgating is to get the big payoff of seeing YOUR team play. With the quality of performance this team is putting out this season. It is shameful & wretched for anyone who calls themsleves a UL fan not to be there for every minute. I have been 100 miles offshore for the past month, & out of the thousand dollars worth of tickets I bought, I MIGHT get to see three games now. I plan on enjoying every minute of everyone of those games if I can be there. I also plan on telling the trashy folks that walked out on the team at half time to Please if they even think about complaining about me hollering for MY team again. I think I'll bring a copy of the fishwrap with Foote's story in it to prove to the cops & security that the powers that be at the school actually do want people to be EMOTIONALLY INTENSE when they go to the game.
    A buddy of mine had a similar problem a few years back with some of the older folks in UD2 who objected to him standing and cheering. My friend's solution was to contact Chivaun at the ticket office. He alerted her of what was going on as a preemptive measure in case a complaint was made about him. I think a similar call or email to the AD might alert game day management that security is erroneously ejecting you based on frivolous complaints.

We do have some older fans who seem to have been content with and perhaps would like to return to the days of mediocre to poor performances and the accompanying crypt-like silence of the Authement regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    A buddy of mine had a similar problem a few years back with some of the older folks in UD2 who objected to him standing and cheering. My friend's solution was to contact Chivaun at the ticket office. He alerted her of what was going on as a preemptive measure in case a complaint was made about him. I think a similar call or email to the AD might alert game day management that security is erroneously ejecting you based on frivolous complaints.

We do have some older fans who seem to have been content with and perhaps would like to return to the days of mediocre to poor performances and the accompanying crypt-like silence of the Authement regime.
    We weren't "ejected" per say. I was specifically told I was being to "emotionally intense" & that I would have to "calm down" to be allowed to return to my seat. At a FREAKING COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME! Imagine the irony in that statement. Instead of a couple of Daquiri's I thought someone had slipped LSD in my drink.

We weren't "ejected" per say. I was specifically told I was being to "emotionally intense" & that I would have to "calm down" to be allowed to return to my seat. At a FREAKING COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME! Imagine the irony in that statement. Instead of a couple of Daquiri's I thought someone had slipped LSD in my drink.
    As pretty much everyone knows (cuz I told them), I've had my run in's with fans and security in the past. Having said that, even though I disagree with most of your points, you are welcome to come sit with me during games. I have learned from my past incidents and have moved on. I even back up when standing on 3rd down so the fans in the GA section can see and scream with me. However, the guy who called the cops on me at the Kansas State game can still kiss it since he (and his family) still don't stand no matter what the game situation. PM me Kyle and I'll give you my seat location since nobody ever sits in front of me, except the family who sits a few seats down in the row in front of me (their sons are hilarious, the older one was fussing at the younger one cuz he spilled his popcorn lol).

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    As pretty much everyone knows (cuz I told them), I've had my run in's with fans and security in the past. Having said that, even though I disagree with most of your points, you are welcome to come sit with me during games. I have learned from my past incidents and have moved on. I even back up when standing on 3rd down so the fans in the GA section can see and scream with me. However, the guy who called the cops on me at the Kansas State game can still kiss it since he (and his family) still don't stand no matter what the game situation. PM me Kyle and I'll give you my seat location since nobody ever sits in front of me, except the family who sits a few seats down in the row in front of me (their sons are hilarious, the older one was fussing at the younger one cuz he spilled his popcorn lol).
    Sounds like you know me already. I appreciate the invite & may have to take you up on it later. We might end up having to have our own section & call it the psycho ward, but the ticket girl did me a good deed in way. She got me the seats of my dreams. It's not right that those who don't want to give everything they've got to the team should be able to get those who do demonstrate & show their support in spirit kicked out of their spots that are paid for for the whole season, for even a minute, when those same folks won't stay for more than a half much less an entire game no matter how exciting it is? That's pure BS & is the single most poisonous enemy of growth for that university & especially the football program. People want to talk about stadium expansion? IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AS LONG AS THAT KIND OF ATTITUDE & CULTURE is allowed to flourish. The folks who walk out early should be shown on camera & put in clown suits or better yet the opposing teams uniforms on the TV screen & laughed at & ridiculed during timeouts in the fourth quarter. This could be followed by Mark Hudspeth on the big screen asking what kind of a fan are you? Are you a fourth quarter championship fan or a daisy?

Hell, bring a camera out to the tailgate during the game & have someone from the school interview them & ask why they don't care about the football team. Play that during timeouts & have the crowd boo them relentlessly. The problem is everybody is trying to be too PC when championship effort is called for here. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Sounds like you know me already. I appreciate the invite & may have to take you up on it later. We might end up having to have our own section & call it the psycho ward, but the ticket girl did me a good deed in way. She got me the seats of my dreams. It's not right that those who don't want to give everything they've got to the team should be able to get those who do demonstrate & show their support in spirit kicked out of their spots that are paid for for the whole season, for even a minute, when those same folks won't stay for more than a half much less an entire game no matter how exciting it is? That's pure BS & is the single most poisonous enemy of growth for that university & especially the football program. People want to talk about stadium expansion? IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AS LONG AS THAT KIND OF ATTITUDE & CULTURE is allowed to flourish. The folks who walk out early should be shown on camera & put in clown suits or better yet the opposing teams uniforms on the TV screen & laughed at & ridiculed during timeouts in the fourth quarter. This could be followed by Mark Hudspeth on the big screen asking what kind of a fan are you? Are you a fourth quarter championship fan or a daisy?

Hell, bring a camera out to the tailgate during the game & have someone from the school interview them & ask why they don't care about the football team. Play that during timeouts & have the crowd boo them relentlessly. The problem is everybody is trying to be too PC when championship effort is called for here. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
    Now that's an idea!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information