Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Attendance ranking.

1. Default Re: Attendance ranking.

Temple is in philly.

Default Re: Attendance ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    ??????????????????????

I drive from BR for our gamesthey VERY MUCH effect our attendance! I know several people that only come to UL games when LSU is on the road, and will not consider going to a UL home game if LSU is at home.
    Even when LSU is on the road they affect our crowd if game times conflict and it is a key BCS game that is televised. That is because the casual fan would rather watch a game with SEC title implications than come to Cajun Field. If the LSU/Bama game on Nov. 5 is not moved, it will hurt us quite a bit. I expect it to be moved however. Will it always be that way. For some folks, yes. There are still plenty of others to bring over to our side however. Let's keep reminding folks that the atmosphere inside the stadium has been quite entertaining the first two games and they will see a team play hard and to the end.
    Remember the casual fan I am talking about does not participate here and likely not on any message
    board. We are the choir and they are the sleepy congregation. They are simply folks who like to see
    all local teams succeed and pay more attention to the games with greater national interest

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Even when LSU is on the road they affect our crowd if game times conflict and it is a key BCS game that is televised. That is because the casual fan would rather watch a game with SEC title implications than come to Cajun Field. If the LSU/Bama game on Nov. 5 is not moved, it will hurt us quite a bit. I expect it to be moved however. Will it always be that way. For some folks, yes. There are still plenty of others to bring over to our side however. Let's keep reminding folks that the atmosphere inside the stadium has been quite entertaining the first two games and they will see a team play hard and to the end.
    Remember the casual fan I am talking about does not participate here and likely not on any message
    board. We are the choir and they are the sleepy congregation. They are simply folks who like to see
    all local teams succeed and pay more attention to the games with greater national interest
    All of this is 1000% true!!!

LSU/Bama game needs to be moved to 7PM. When LSU plays after us, is better. Once they start, most people won't leave their seats to come in. If this game gets moved to 7PM, then our 2:30 game will be finsihed by 5:30-6, and should setup nicely for their game starting right after.

PLEASE CBS MOVE THIS GAME!!! You know you want to

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Reading this thread, there are a lot of good points made by the posters. One thing that will help overall attendance in the future would be to have another home game every year. It would seem that having consistantly good attendance is more important than a big sell out once or twice a year & only averaging 15,000 or less the rest of the time. To average more folks per game you need to have at least 6 games/ year at home. This should help the team's winning percentage & also help them become yearly bowl participants. As they become more regionally & nationally recognized through bowl appearances, more locals will want to take ownership of the team.

Another thing is for sure though. You can't expect other people to get excited about YOUR team if you are walking out of the stadium at half time or at the beginning of the 3rd or 4th Qtr. You also better not expect a mover & shaker like Hudspeth to stick around if you people don't have the staying power to support his team for the whole game. How can you ask this team to be a four quarter team & the fans are so worthless, that they leave with a full quarter or more to go. Anybody who leaves early should be mercilessly booed out of the place & called the worhtless lowlife classless dogs that they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Reading this thread, there are a lot of good points made by the posters. One thing that will help overall attendance in the future would be to have another home game every year. It would seem that having consistantly good attendance is more important than a big sell out once or twice a year & only averaging 15,000 or less the rest of the time. To average more folks per game you need to have at least 6 games/ year at home. This should help the team's winning percentage & also help them become yearly bowl participants. As they become more regionally & nationally recognized through bowl appearances, more locals will want to take ownership of the team.

Another thing is for sure though. You can't expect other people to get excited about YOUR team if you are walking out of the stadium at half time or at the beginning of the 3rd or 4th Qtr. You also better not expect a mover & shaker like Hudspeth to stick around if you people don't have the staying power to support his team for the whole game. How can you ask this team to be a four quarter team & the fans are so worthless, that they leave with a full quarter or more to go. Anybody who leaves early should be mercilessly booed out of the place & called the worhtless lowlife classless dogs that they are.
    But we can't do that! They might just be returning to theirbtailgating spot that they paid for. We can't force them to support the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    But we can't do that! They might just be returning to theirbtailgating spot that they paid for. We can't force them to support the team.
    I understand your point quite well,& in fact invited an old friend I met tailgating the other day to come sit with us at the Nicholls game & he & his wife just didn't want to go into the football game. I tried talking them into going & they politely refused like they felt they were a jinx for the team. They are big baseball fans & go to just about every baseball game? I think this team & school has let its fans down so many times in the past that there are actually a lot of potential fans that are afraid of coming into the games because of it. I know it sounds crazy, but that's the way some people are. What I am talking about is people that are just plain old RUDE. It is rude to get up during the middle of a concert & walk out on the performers. Likewise it is rude & sends a very nasty negative message to the people you are supposed to be supporting to leave a game early. The message, I don't care how hard you've worked, my little world is too improtant to show the courtesy of seeing your whole play & I think your dog & pony show stinks. Is that what fans want to say to this coaching staff that has done an unbelievable job so far? I swear people need to think about things bigger than themselves sometimes.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by kelbow7 View Post
    Temple is in philly.
    I thought it was in Texas?

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I understand your point quite well,& in fact invited an old friend I met tailgating the other day to come sit with us at the Nicholls game & he & his wife just didn't want to go into the football game. I tried talking them into going & they politely refused like they felt they were a jinx for the team. They are big baseball fans & go to just about every baseball game? I think this team & school has let its fans down so many times in the past that there are actually a lot of potential fans that are afraid of coming into the games because of it. I know it sounds crazy, but that's the way some people are. What I am talking about is people that are just plain old RUDE. It is rude to get up during the middle of a concert & walk out on the performers. Likewise it is rude & sends a very nasty negative message to the people you are supposed to be supporting to leave a game early. The message, I don't care how hard you've worked, my little world is too improtant to show the courtesy of seeing your whole play & I think your dog & pony show stinks. Is that what fans want to say to this coaching staff that has done an unbelievable job so far? I swear people need to think about things bigger than themselves sometimes.
    I understand your point. I was being sarcastic in my earlier post. I am one who stays to the bitter end even in the bad old days. I only left early once and that was because I couldn't stomach another ____ poor coaching performance by the Rev. What amazes me is that after decades of futility we now have the chance to countdown the game clock and celebrate victories and people leave early. I just don't get it.

Are they allowed back in after half time with ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    LSU A&M BR is not a factor in our attendance in my eyes. Tigger stadium is sold out and is always sold out mostly with season ticket holders, so unless these extra people are only going to tailgate then the numbers sould not fluctuate.
    The only problem with this logic is that it doesn't account for the other 50-75,000 fans (only an approximation ) that stay home to watch purple and ______ on TV instead of coming to watch a GOOD CAJUNS team LIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    I thought it was in Texas?

Z
    There you go thinking again!!! LOL!

LOL! Yes, one of the Hoax fans actually made the claim that they lead the Belt in attendance.
    They really DON'T teach people up there how to count, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Just up to ten; twenty if they don't wear shoes. They would go as high as 32 if more importance were placed on dental hygiene.

I understand your point. I was being sarcastic in my earlier post. I am one who stays to the bitter end even in the bad old days. I only left early once and that was because I couldn't stomach another ____ poor coaching performance by the Rev. What amazes me is that after decades of futility we now have the chance to countdown the game clock and celebrate victories and people leave early. I just don't get it.
    I knew you were being sarcastic & refering to your gripe in the other attendance thread, but I agree with your point. I can understand people tailgating at an LSU game because there are only so many tickets to go around to get in. Although I wouldn't want to fight their traffic just to tailgate. To me the whole purpose of tailgating is to get the big payoff of seeing YOUR team play. With the quality of performance this team is putting out this season. It is shameful & wretched for anyone who calls themsleves a UL fan not to be there for every minute. I have been 100 miles offshore for the past month, & out of the thousand dollars worth of tickets I bought, I MIGHT get to see three games now. I plan on enjoying every minute of everyone of those games if I can be there. I also plan on telling the trashy folks that walked out on the team at half time to Please if they even think about complaining about me hollering for MY team again. I think I'll bring a copy of the fishwrap with Foote's story in it to prove to the cops & security that the powers that be at the school actually do want people to be EMOTIONALLY INTENSE when they go to the game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information