Thread: Over the years, are we the worst team in America?

SLI 1921-1960 Over the years, are we the worst team in America?

If you look at the past 50 years, we have had some pretty decent teams, but over all, good years and bad years included, are we the worst division 1 football team in America?

I want so badly for us to have a football team that is like the softball/baseball teams. I would be super happy to have a football team that is like our basketball team, beating some big boys now and then.

If the Lady Cajun Basketball Team can do what they have done then the men's football team can be a good team. So how do we pull it off?

Default Re: Over the years, are we the worst team in America?

Quote Originally Posted by old alum
    If you look at the past 50 years, we have had some pretty decent teams, but over all, good years and bad years included, are we the worst division 1 football team in America?

I want so badly for us to have a football team that is like the softball/baseball teams. I would be super happy to have a football team that is like our basketball team, beating some big boys now and then.

If the Lady Cajun Basketball Team can do what they have done then the men's football team can be a good team. So how do we pull it off?
    I would think for Football just like the rest of our sports. You've got to win conference first. You need to beat the teams on your present level so you can out recruit them and have a chance to move up to the next level. We shouldn't be thinking about knocking off bigger boys yet( unless you consider UNT or Troy big). We need to beat the teams we should beat, win some games we could win, and hope not alot of people see the score when we play the "money games". I think playing Texas on TV was bad for us. Best case we lose by like 20, still ugly. You don't want the nation or the region or the high school prospects in the area seeing that beating. Give us realistic chances to win on television(for the conference as a whole) and we will start to close the gap on the big boys. When basketball started having more mid major games on TV you started seeing alot more small teams make a statement. Same thing needs to happen in football. I think of all the schools in our conference UL has the least competition recruiting. We give LSU the top recruits and we should be able to get the rest of our area. Look at the D-1a schools surrounding the rest of our conference. We should feel lucky where we're at.

P.S. the biggest thing for our football program year in and year out is beating ULM. It helps our conference record our overall record and our recruiting. Plus it wouldn't hurt winning the last game of the year.

Default Re: Over the years, are we the worst team in America?

Over the years, we are not the worst team in America.

It's only the last 8 years we have truly sucked.

The problem is that we were SO bad that it skews the vision of those who know nothing about us.

The people responsible for that collapse will never be held responsible for it.

Division 1-A was instituted in 1982. From then until 1996, we had 9 winning seasons and 2 conference championships.

Ohio would be a good selection for the worst team over the years. They have had only 1 winning season in the last 23 years.

Then again, they just beat Pittsburgh, and we are still floundering.

Thread Information