Thread: Monday Morning Quarterback

Default Monday Morning Quarterback

Monday Morning Quarterback
    RaginCajun77

Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns dropped to 0-2 on the season after a disappointing loss to Eastern Michigan. Coach Bustle and his staff have to be frustrated after mental miscues led to a quick 14-0 deficit. Playing mentally tough will be the key this week as the Cajuns take on Northwestern State in the Herbert Heyman Classic. Fumbles, two roughing the kicker calls, running the ball out of the endzone 5 yds. deep are some of the signs of mental lapse. As a player at the D-IA level you have to play smarter that that if you want to win. Play calling on offense was changed up a bit as it seems the Cajuns ran more out of the I-formation that against Texas. Play calling has to continue to reflect what is working for the offense however. Defensively, the Cajuns will have to continue to improve and stop opponents on third down. This has been an area where the Cajuns have struggled since last season. Positives for the game include, Caleb Ruben who shows heart and is willing to fight for yardage, Derrick Smith at wide receiver has shown alot of potential and continues to play well.

Outlook Louisiana vs. Northwestern State: Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns look for their first win of the season against Northwestern State(1-1). The Demons opened the season with a win against UL-Monroe but dropped a 35-7 decision against North Dakota State this weekend. The Demons will look to bounce back and possibly gain revenge after a 14-7 loss against the Cajuns in 2004. Against NDSU,the Demons rushed for 156 yards on 38 tries. The passing game struggled completing only 13 passes on 32 tries. The Demons had 144 yards through the air, but were also intercepted four times. NSU's lone score came on a 23 yard run by spohmore running back Anthony Holmes. Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns look to correct mental errors on special teams and boost their offensive output. The defense will have to continue to improve and show the ability to stop opponents on third down. One thing is for certain the Cajuns performance against NSU will go a long way in predicting this season for Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns.

Default Re: Monday Morning Quarterback

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77
    Monday Morning Quarterback
    RaginCajun77

Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns dropped to 0-2 on the season after a disappointing loss to Eastern Michigan. Coach Bustle and his staff have to be frustrated after mental miscues led to a quick 14-0 deficit. Playing mentally tough will be the key this week as the Cajuns take on Northwestern State in the Herbert Heyman Classic. Fumbles, two roughing the kicker calls, running the ball out of the endzone 5 yds. deep are some of the signs of mental lapse. As a player at the D-IA level you have to play smarter that that if you want to win. Play calling on offense was changed up a bit as it seems the Cajuns ran more out of the I-formation that against Texas. Play calling has to continue to reflect what is working for the offense however. Defensively, the Cajuns will have to continue to improve and stop opponents on third down. This has been an area where the Cajuns have struggled since last season. Positives for the game include, Caleb Ruben who shows heart and is willing to fight for yardage, Derrick Smith at wide receiver has shown alot of potential and continues to play well.

Outlook Louisiana vs. Northwestern State: Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns look for their first win of the season against Northwestern State(1-1). The Demons opened the season with a win against UL-Monroe but dropped a 35-7 decision against North Dakota State this weekend. The Demons will look to bounce back and possibly gain revenge after a 14-7 loss against the Cajuns in 2004. Against NDSU,the Demons rushed for 156 yards on 38 tries. The passing game struggled completing only 13 passes on 32 tries. The Demons had 144 yards through the air, but were also intercepted four times. NSU's lone score came on a 23 yard run by spohmore running back Anthony Holmes. Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns look to correct mental errors on special teams and boost their offensive output. The defense will have to continue to improve and show the ability to stop opponents on third down. One thing is for certain the Cajuns performance against NSU will go a long way in predicting this season for Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns.
    I concur with your bottom line. This week is a pivotal game for the Cajuns. They need to show much improved execution in all phases and somehow come away with a win at home. Hope there is a good crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    I concur with your bottom line. This week is a pivotal game for the Cajuns. They need to show much improved execution in all phases and somehow come away with a win at home. Hope there is a good crowd.
    Hope the crowd is good for this game as well. I'm worried as I think many were expecting a better showing against EMU. A win against NSU will go a long way in keeping fans interested. We have to get firing on all cylinders for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77
    Hope the crowd is good for this game as well. I'm worried as I think many were expecting a better showing against EMU. A win against NSU will go a long way in keeping fans interested. We have to get firing on all cylinders for this game.
    but a win against an AA team SHOULDN'T generate much interest---now a loss on the other hand would be devastating. even as bad as the staff's record has been, at least to this point i think they've won all the AA games. Baldwin lost a few of those as i recall.

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    but a win against an AA team SHOULDN'T generate much interest---now a loss on the other hand would be devastating. even as bad as the staff's record has been, at least to this point i think they've won all the AA games. Baldwin lost a few of those as i recall.

If the Cajuns loss to Northwestern, UL made need to just cancel the season.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan
    If the Cajuns loss to Northwestern, UL made need to just cancel the season.
    I realize that was made somewhat tongue in cheek. Fact is, there are several D-1AA teams that can complete with lower echelon D-1A teams on a weekly basis. NSU is one of those capable of beating teams in the "100-119 range". But right now, this program "needs" this win. As good as NSU may be in the D-1AA ranks, losing to any 1-AA team has a stigma attached to it that makes your program appear worse than it may actually be. That's the problem with scheduling 1-AAs. You're "supposed" to beat them; but if you don't.you suck! Would you rather lose to Buffalo, or FIU, etc. Heck, I don't want to lose to ANY of those teams (insert Idaho, Utah St, etc). Oh by the way.the sky is falling too.

Bottom line. Show up! Support the team and give them a REAL home field advantage!!

Cheers, and see some of you guys saturday!

Shof

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    I realize that was made somewhat tongue in cheek. Fact is, there are several D-1AA teams that can complete with lower echelon D-1A teams on a weekly basis. NSU is one of those capable of beating teams in the "100-119 range". But right now, this program "needs" this win. As good as NSU may be in the D-1AA ranks, losing to any 1-AA team has a stigma attached to it that makes your program appear worse than it may actually be. That's the problem with scheduling 1-AAs. You're "supposed" to beat them; but if you don't.you suck! Would you rather lose to Buffalo, or FIU, etc. Heck, I don't want to lose to ANY of those teams (insert Idaho, Utah St, etc). Oh by the way.the sky is falling too.

Bottom line. Show up! Support the team and give them a REAL home field advantage!!

Cheers, and see some of you guys saturday!

Shof
    I agree with you. I don't think NWST is the worst team we're gonna face this year just because their D-1AA. But like you said we need the win. If we lose this game alot of people will think oh no, 0-11, we suck!!! And if we win Saturday not many people will think it's a big deal. So, you're right scheduling a good D-1AA is lose/lose situation. Now, I have no problem scheduling a bad team early season to tune up, problem is, are there any teams we can beat handly. NWST is a tough team to schedule cause their one of the better teams in D-1AA. I feel they're the best 1-AA team in the area. Then again, did you see the Nicholls St. vs. Indiana score, WOW.

What will happen to Bustle and his staff if we wind up with a worse record than last year? I see changes in the mist IF it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308
    What will happen to Bustle and his staff if we wind up with a worse record than last year? I see changes in the mist IF it does happen.
    There may be changes in the MIDST, but it won't be the head guy. Unless some of you goobers can come up with a cool 500 Large to buy out his contract.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    youre gonna be there, right?

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob
    I agree with you. I don't think NWST is the worst team we're gonna face this year just because their D-1AA. But like you said we need the win. If we lose this game alot of people will think oh no, 0-11, we suck!!! And if we win Saturday not many people will think it's a big deal. So, you're right scheduling a good D-1AA is lose/lose situation. Now, I have no problem scheduling a bad team early season to tune up, problem is, are there any teams we can beat handly. NWST is a tough team to schedule cause their one of the better teams in D-1AA. I feel they're the best 1-AA team in the area. Then again, did you see the Nicholls St. vs. Indiana score, WOW.
    NWSt loss 35-7 to DIV II North Dakota State.

That's DIV II, not 1-AA.

They are the worst team we will play this season.

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    NWSt loss 35-7 to DIV II North Dakota State.

That's DIV II, not 1-AA.

They are the worst team we will play this season.
    go tell that to UL Monroe right now

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    youre gonna be there, right?

Z.
    yep. looking forward to seeing some football.

Thread Information