Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you think a win against TROY would get us votes in the the TOP 25?

Default Do you think a win against TROY would get us votes in the the TOP 25?

I think at five and one we may start getting some votes for the TOP 25.
    We are really on the BRINK of getting some serious attention nation wide.
    We are getting near the level of where FIU was a few weeks ago with the 3-0 start.
    A win at TROY will get the team at a level nationally that they have never seen in the history of the program.
    A win against TROY not only makes you a contender for the conference title. It makes you the favorite.
    A win against Troy you go from wondering if you will make a BOWL to wondering what BOWL you are going to play in.

Yes. This game against TROY in 6 days is the new BIGGEST game in UL history.

Default Re: Do you think a win against TROY would get us votes in the the TOP 25?

Naw, I don't think so. The reason FIU got attention is because they beat Louisville and UCF, and were threatening for a monster season. Our OOC so far was Ok State (loss), Nicholls and Kent State. It'd be awesome though.

Default Re: Do you think a win against TROY would get us votes in the the TOP 25?

FIU is > then Louisville
    Troy is> ucf

I dont see what makes FIU's wins more impressive then UL's.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    We are getting near the level of where FIU was a few weeks ago with the 3-0 start.
    A win at TROY will get the team at a level nationally that they have never seen in the history of the program.
    A win against TROY not only makes you a contender for the conference title. It makes you the favorite.
    A win against Troy you go from wondering if you will make a BOWL to wondering what BOWL you are going to play in.

Could not agree more!

----------------------
    Nope. I think we get votes if we win the remaining sunbelt games. I think we bust into the top 25 if we beat Arizona.

I don't think so because they're conference games. If we get to 8-1 then we start getting votes. However, a win on Saturday against Troy does get us to 3-0 in conference and one giant step closer to the championship.

I can guarantee you that if the Cajuns win this weekend, they will get at least one vote in the top 25.

In the Harris Poll, at least. :-)

^^^^HOMER!^^^^

If we somehow manage to win every Sun Belt game I would expect us to be in the top 25 even though we all know we aren't even close to a top 25 team. What I'll be interested in is the BCS computer rankings. I'm no expert but I would expect us to have some pretty high computer rankings if we manage to win our remaining conference games.

But we do understand that this probably won't happen right???

Focus on the short term for now. Week to week and let the rest fall into place

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Focus on the short term for now. Week to week and let the rest fall into place
    he is, he was asking about a win against TROYwe play them this week.

Going to take some more wins to break the top 25! have to win out in the Belt and probably beat Arizona! Then maybe!! Go Cajuns!

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Going to take some more wins to break the top 25! have to win out in the Belt and probably beat Arizona! Then maybe!! Go Cajuns!
    I agree, I think he is just looking for a vote for now.

Get a vote or two and you probably rank somewhere in the Top-60

I think 5-1 is top 60 material but probably deserves a top-25 vote

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    I can guarantee you that if the Cajuns win this weekend, they will get at least one vote in the top 25.

Shhhhhh!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

I was going to say. if we didn't get "that one". you might get some nasty grams.

If we are able to win a few more, maybe 8-1 or 9-1, I think we can break into the top 25. Just getting votes isn't what we want to shoot for.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information