Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you think a win against TROY would get us votes in the the TOP 25?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Do you think a win against TROY would get us votes in the the TOP 25?

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    If we are able to win a few more, maybe 8-1 or 9-1, I think we can break into the top 25. Just getting votes isn't what we want to shoot for.
    You're talking about shooting "low". and then say ""if" we are able to win a few more."? Are you out of your Houston mind?

We're going 12-1!!!! Never let me hear you talk like that again!

Default Re: Do you think a win against TROY would get us votes in the the TOP 25?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    You're talking about shooting "low". and then say ""if" we are able to win a few more."? Are you out of your Houston mind?

We're going 12-1!!!! Never let me hear you talk like that again!
    Wow, what am I thinking! Yeah, after we go 9-1, we will be in the top 25. There, better?

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    I can guarantee you that if the Cajuns win this weekend, they will get at least one vote in the top 25.

In the Harris Poll, at least. :-)
    A little home cooking! Good job J.
    By the way J, what were your thoughts on the officals. Encroachment on the offense???? The fumble, when Blaine was down on the turf??? I remember last years Troy game and how bad the calls were. Is this par for the Sunbelt or were we just that sloppy?

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    A little home cooking! Good job J.
    By the way J, what were your thoughts on the officals. Encroachment on the offense???? The fumble, when Blaine was down on the turf??? I remember last years Troy game and how bad the calls were. Is this par for the Sunbelt or were we just that sloppy?
    Or how about the sack and fumble recovery returned for at TD that was called back?!?! I watched the game again yesterday and that was unquestionably a fumble and should have been 6 points for the CAJUNS!!

5. Default Re: Do you think a win against TROY would get us votes in the the TOP 25?

I see that in the SI rankings we are #65, higher than some well known schools like Ole Miss, Louisiana Tech and others. I think a win next week, along with wins from our previous opponents will get us into the 50's. Until we have 7-8 wins, I can't see us getting any top 25 love, and I honestly don't think we would deserve it until we show we are consistently winning against solid competition. If we keep winning and can steal one from Arizona, then we might get some votes. Until then we have too much left to prove.

As a side note; on saturday as I was watching the game, I really felt sorry for all of the people that stayed in the tailgating area. It was a genuinely fun game to watch, we played with purpose, energy and passion. Those in the parking lot: I'm not mad at you, just sad for you. There is nothing like watching a game live in person, you are all invited in and I look forward to seeing you not at, but IN Cajun Field next week. Geaux Cajuns! **Hud's twitter feed keeps making me want to end every sentence in an exclamation point!!!!

6. Default Re: Do you think a win against TROY would get us votes in the the TOP 25?

Remember right now (besides the last week or so) most BCS schools haven't had a hard schedule either.

So at this stage 4-1 and 5-1 is a rankable record even considering the competition.

7. Default Re: Do you think a win against TROY would get us votes in the the TOP 25?

This is a dumb thread. We need to worry about beating Troy this week. Nothing else!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    This is a dumb thread. We need to worry about beating Troy this week. Nothing else!!
    At least it asks about a win against Troy. I was half expecting another "run the tables" thread this week. Oh. and I am thinking of nothing but beating the living crap out of Troy. or just winning the game. whichever comes first.

I guess you missed the title of this thread.

Do you think a win against TROY would get us votes in the the TOP 25

Unless any posters are actual players or coaches (lord I hope not) then none of us need to worry at all about that. We can enjoy this run of sucess all we want, safe in the knowledge NOTHING we say or do here will affect the outcome of the game in the slightest. I don't believe in jinxes, or curses or any of that crap, I believe in hard work, talent and coaching. In the past we were missing some or all of those things, that's why we lost.

I'm dreaming of 9-1 and chanting "what's my name" to the dejected ULM fans as they stream out of Cajun Field November 5th

11. UL Football Re: Do you think a win against TROY would get us votes in the the TOP 25?

A win against Troy must be our total focus. What it causes or not causes in ranking is meaningless. The ONLY thing that matters is where we stand at the end of November, and hopefully December.

Not the biggest game in UL history by a long shot. Beat a BCS top 25 team TAMU and promptly went on to get blown out by USM. Also went on to have the only losing season in Jakes career.

Beat Troy, no little proposition, and North Texas I think you should make your reservations for the New Orleans Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Unless any posters are actual players or coaches (lord I hope not) then none of us need to worry at all about that. We can enjoy this run of sucess all we want, safe in the knowledge NOTHING we say or do here will affect the outcome of the game in the slightest. I don't believe in jinxes, or curses or any of that crap, I believe in hard work, talent and coaching. In the past we were missing some or all of those things, that's why we lost.

I'm dreaming of 9-1 and chanting "what's my name" to the dejected ULM fans as they stream out of Cajun Field November 5th
    You're expecting ULM fans on Nov 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    You're expecting ULM fans on Nov 5?
    Point taken. As ULM fans trickle out of the stadium? As the ULM fan listens on the radio next to his still?

Top 25 vote or not, I love this thread. Know why? Because we're so frickin stoked that we're WINNING! We're 4-1!!! We're winning!!!!!

48-6 UL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information