Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nwst

Default Re: Nwst

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    BLL

even if he loses his optimism, he's still got his hypothetical "Texas would run circles around LSU" mantra going for him. What does LSU have to do with anything on these issues? I guess he thought that Oklahoma team that beat Texas by 50 or so two years ago would run circles aroung LSU as well. Or at least prayed they would. Man, oh man, some of these dipsticks surely deserve what they get year after year.
    The way UL played Saturday is making me a LSU fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist
    spoken like a true LSU fan that sometimes likes UL.
    Yeh, at least someone was impressed by LSU Saturday. What I meant by saying Texas would beat LSU is that Texas is on a different level than UL. We could have played our perfect game and the results wouldn't have been much different. Our best players would have trouble making open field tackles against Texas on their best day. That's just where our program is right now.

I'm an LSU fan when UL is off or when it has no effect on UL. If LSU has no national title shot come the UNT game I hope UNT beats them cause it's good for our conference, I was pulling for Troy last year cause it really wouldn't have had much effect on the outcome of LSU's season. Who cares what bowl game their in if it's not BCS. I don't even remember what bowl they choked in last year(Prude for Heisman). I know the die hard tiger fans want nothing less than a national title, good for them. I'm happy waiting for our little winning season.

spoken like a true UL fan that sometimes likes LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist
    spoken like a true LSU fan that sometimes likes UL.
    Well, I happen to agree with him on one thing. This has absolutely nothing to do with LSU. We played a far superior team in Austin and got our butts whipped. We played a team in Michigan that was supposed to be our "equal" talent wise, and we played like ~~~~. Let's hope this team is better than the one that showed up against EMU.

does anyone besides me think we played a much better game against Texas than we did EMU, or was I just happy the season finally started. Maybe if I could have watched the EMU game on TV, like Texas, I would have seen some improvements, but I thought we sounded alot worse last week.

Is anyone really worried that this team can't beat the remaining schedule because of the performance the last 2 weeks, if so enjoy the rest of the season.

I am not lucky enough to have been around long enough to remember the good years of cajun football(if there were). As far as I remember we were always the bottom of the barrel. I was just raised optimistic. If we go 0-10 I'll be looking forward to a win against ULM. If we win one week I am prepared to lose the next even though I predict are hope for a win. I thought that was part of the guidelines to being a Cajun fan.

P.S. wouldn't we all feel better if they would serve beer at football games like they do basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob
    I am not lucky enough to have been around long enough to remember the good years of cajun football(if there were). As far as I remember we were always the bottom of the barrel. I was just raised optimistic. If we go 0-10 I'll be looking forward to a win against ULM. If we win one week I am prepared to lose the next even though I predict are hope for a win. I thought that was part of the guidelines to being a Cajun fan.
    My first season as a U(S)L fan was the 0-10 1973 season. Afterwards, we had some roller-coaster seasons. Sometimes we had a good year, winning 6,7,8 games. Sometimes we went into the tank with only a win or 2. Then Nelson Stokley came and immediately gave the program a shot in the arm (20-21 losses to Oklahoma St and Ole Miss and a 2 or 3 point loss to Tulane the first year). A series of 6-5 seasons with Brian Mitchell came along and there was a feeling of being on the brink of developing a real winning program. Then the program went into a little slide until the Jake Delhomme years. The victory against Texas A&M seemed to be a highwater mark until that season unraveled. The win over the Aggies then seemed to turn into a pyrrhic victory. We won the battle, but apparently lost the war. Coach Bustle has brought a renewed sense of optimism and pride to this tarnished program. Now, 2 games into this season, the buzz he brought seems to be disappearing. I am very concerned that some of the so-called fans are already calling for a change. I am very disappointed in these 2 games, too. How can a true Ragin' Cajun fan not be? But let's try to look at the big picture and see how this season ends. If we get on a roll and win 6 or 7 games, how will every one feel then? I know it's dificult to ask of a fanbase with a 10 year losing streak, but let's try to be patient at this point. I'm not suggesting that criticism for poor play shouldn't be expressed. Just put it into context. Comparing Bustle to Baldwin is not only pointless, it is also just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob
    P.S. wouldn't we all feel better if they would serve beer at football games like they do basketball.
    YES!!!

96 was the first year I recall cajun football. I was at the A@M game, I even rushed the field. I was so young though, that's all I remember. I didn't even know we beat Memphis that year, that's awsome. Does anyone know what Memphis's record was that year. They might have ended up higher ranked than A@M did. I remember A@M had an off year and I know Memphis is usually pretty good but like I said I don't remember much from that time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information