Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nwst

Default Nwst

I'll be there. They out played us last year, I don't see that happening again. I think our young recievers are coming along well. I like the speed and quickness Ruben(check my spelling) brings to the backfield. I think he would have the best shot of anyone to out rush Babb this year.

Default Re: Nwst

I can't wait to see Sampy with another week under his belt. What ever happened to the running back who played with Caleb in high school? Didn't he go to NorthWestern?

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron
    I can't wait to see Sampy with another week under his belt. What ever happened to the running back who played with Caleb in high school? Didn't he go to NorthWestern?
    I'm not sure. I actually graduated a few years before Caleb from his rival school Acadiana High, But I'm more than happy to see him a Cajun. If we could only get more of our area stand outs.( Alley Broussard, Early Doucet, Laron Landry to name a few) We could roll through the Sun Belt with an all Acadiana area team.(wishful thinking again)

Laron Landry is not from the Acadiana area. He went to Hahnville and played QB while there. He was the QB for them when they played Acadiana a few years back in the playoffs. But yes it would be very nice to see a few of the area standouts to come to UL but I like the players we have they just need to cut down on the silly mistakes and we will win some games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob
    They out played us last year,

I disagree. It was only close because of a few ill-opportune mistakes on our part.

I'll be there. They out played us last year, I don't see that happening again. I think our young recievers are coming along well. I like the speed and quickness Ruben(check my spelling) brings to the backfield. I think he would have the best shot of anyone to out rush Babb this year.
    This is one of those "time to make a statement" games. I hope it is the Cajuns making the statement.

a single A school can't make a statement against an AA school. It's a nothing to gain, everything to lose situation.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Nwst

If we don't win this game, I think the season will not go very well. If we don't have a good season, do you anticipate any coaching changes. And not just head coach, but assistants as well. There hasn't been all that much difference from this staff and Baldwins. The truth hurts, but it is just that.

Quote Originally Posted by bll110376
    If we don't win this game, I think the season will not go very well. If we don't have a good season, do you anticipate any coaching changes. And not just head coach, but assistants as well. There hasn't been all that much difference from this staff and Baldwins. The truth hurts, but it is just that.
    I TOTALLY disagree with you on that statement. The results haven't been where they need to be. But Baldwin's teams were a disaster, talented but disorganized and confused. Overall, Bustle's players have been able to get & stay eligible far better than Baldwin's. Rickey's teams have almost always shown hustle & a good work ethic. They have made costly mistakes at times but it wasn't lack of hustle that did them in. We have played some good games under Bustle, but not enough yet. I know everyone is panic mode right now (with some justification), but we need to hang in there for a while and see how this season plays out. If it ends up like it has begun, then we have some serious discussions coming. But first, let's let the team get well into the season before all the "doom & gloomers" take over. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    I TOTALLY disagree with you on that statement. The results haven't been where they need to be. But Baldwin's teams were a disaster, talented but disorganized and confused. Overall, Bustle's players have been able to get & stay eligible far better than Baldwin's. Rickey's teams have almost always shown hustle & a good work ethic. They have made costly mistakes at times but it wasn't lack of hustle that did them in. We have played some good games under Bustle, but not enough yet. I know everyone is panic mode right now (with some justification), but we need to hang in there for a while and see how this season plays out. If it ends up like it has begun, then we have some serious discussions coming. But first, let's let the team get well into the season before all the "doom & gloomers" take over. JMHO
    The season is over if we lose to Nwst. This is one of those games that we are supposed to winif we can't win here then who else can we beat??

We competed in every game last year. That has not happened since the mid 90's. This team is much improved since Bustle took over. I'm not saying he's the coach to get us over the hump, but as long as I don't see a decline from year to year I'll let him work.

Early mistakes last week made for a score that I don't think reflected the play on the field. I promise you there is not a person in Michigan that plans to chalk up a win down here next year. I think next week we find out what's gotten better in the off season. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I liked the team we put on the field against Texas. That performance will win us alot of games in conference. I don't know the last time we had only 1 turnover.(I guess we made up for that last week)

P.S. maybe if we have a red/white scrimmage for 2 quarters before the game on Saturday we can run into Cajun Field and role all over NWST.

P.S.S. I think NWST although D 1-aa would have a pretty good team in the sun belt. Example beating a ULM team we haven't beat in 3 tries. Like I said before, NWST out played us last year I think their miscues and turnovers at inopportune times cost them a possible win. We could lose this game and still win conference. I just wanna get back to Cajun Field and watch some football.

You liked a team that got thumped 60-3, couldn't tackle and barely made a firtst down? Yes, you are optimistic.

We competed in every game last year. That has not happened since the mid 90's. This team is much improved since Bustle took over. I'm not saying he's the coach to get us over the hump, but as long as I don't see a decline from year to year I'll let him work.

Early mistakes last week made for a score that I don't think reflected the play on the field. I promise you there is not a person in Michigan that plans to chalk up a win down here next year. I think next week we find out what's gotten better in the off season. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I liked the team we put on the field against Texas. That performance will win us alot of games in conference. I don't know the last time we had only 1 turnover.(I guess we made up for that last week)

P.S. maybe if we have a red/white scrimmage for 2 quarters before the game on Saturday we can run into Cajun Field and role all over NWST.

This is so COOL Re: Nwst

Quote Originally Posted by bll110376
    You liked a team that got thumped 60-3, couldn't tackle and barely made a firtst down? Yes, you are optimistic.
    Yes, at least we we're there to try and make tackles. They we're a superior team. I didn't see alot of missed assignments and special teams miscues. Texas was simply too big too fast and too strong for us, but apparently they are that way for evryone. That Texas team would run circles around LSU. If we play like that against teams of our level we'll make those tackles and move the ball, we already proved that. Two years ago we couldn't tackle North Texas much less get in position to make a tackle. Relax, there's only on direction to go right nowup.

BLL

even if he loses his optimism, he's still got his hypothetical "Texas would run circles around LSU" mantra going for him. What does LSU have to do with anything on these issues? I guess he thought that Oklahoma team that beat Texas by 50 or so two years ago would run circles aroung LSU as well. Or at least prayed they would. Man, oh man, some of these dipsticks surely deserve what they get year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    BLL

even if he loses his optimism, he's still got his hypothetical "Texas would run circles around LSU" mantra going for him. What does LSU have to do with anything on these issues? I guess he thought that Oklahoma team that beat Texas by 50 or so two years ago would run circles aroung LSU as well. Or at least prayed they would. Man, oh man, some of these dipsticks surely deserve what they get year after year.
    spoken like a true LSU fan that sometimes likes UL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information