Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana (37) vs. FAU (34) Final

Default Re: Louisiana (37) vs. FAU (34) Final

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    the call on Bill Bentley hit out of bounds was a horrible call in my opinion.

Look at the penalties in this perspective. Bustle had more discipline less penalties with no motivation or aggressiveness
    Hudspeth has less discipline (Young guys) more penalties but way more aggressiveness and motivation. These players don't take it as "Just a game" like some players last year.

I think with more experience from the 15-16 freshmen playing they won't commit as many penalties as they are now, but I LOVE their aggresiveness
    Agree with the call on Bentley.
    And, the call on the fumble (forward progress was stopped) was a CYOA call if I've ever seen one.

But it wasn't just here.

Go to al.com and read the quotes from the UAB player about SBC officiating. They feel they really got hosed last night.

But it could be worse. We could be in the WAC. They had an absolute fail at the Tech game (a 22 minute delay while they couldn't figure stuff out.)

How could I possibly ruin 4-1?

If you're suggesting I'm going to gripe because it wasn't a thing of beauty, let me tell you.

It was a thing of beauty.

I've never seen an UGLY Cajuns win.

4-1.

No one can pee on those cornflakes.

We're playing with house money next week.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Agree with the call on Bentley.
    And, the call on the fumble (forward progress was stopped) was a CYOA call if I've ever seen one.

But it wasn't just here.

Go to al.com and read the quotes from the UAB player about SBC officiating. They feel they really got hosed last night.

But it could be worse. We could be in the WAC. They had an absolute fail at the Tech game (a 22 minute delay while they couldn't figure stuff out.)
    Had a great vantage point on the "forward progress stopped/fumble" call, with a high school ref sitting in front of me. No whistle was blown. Hell I don't remember them ever blowing the whistle just standing there dumb founded. What they did do was toss the orange bean bag that signals a fumble. That was the call on the field. The ONLY call made on the field. Yet the ruling was.forward progress stopped? Hmmmm

4. UL Football Re: Louisiana (37) vs. FAU (34) Final

Remember when we would get 11-14k per game???

Why the hell are people disappointed about the turnout. It has been looking great and can only go up from here!
    We just have to keep on talking about the cajuns to our friends. keep on plugging their ears about their success and their curiousity will follow. They will go to the game eventually and we will sell out. but going from avg. 13-16k to avg 26.5k is pretty damn amazing to me!
    A few reasons. First reason, we had a better crowd against NSU with only one win under our belt, beat FIU the projected bully of the Belt last week, a absolutely perfect football day, and you never ever want to step back.

Fan support is a personal choice. I hope people are all in. If the players, coaches, and other fans are all in then it is a great team effort. In my section we had many leave at the half, many ran out of emotion in the fourth quarter giving little vocal support.

Now it is each individuals choice on what level of support they choose to give, but at the end of the season if we are not happy with our final tally and not miss out by a couple of points, a couple of series we distracted the opposition. If that is the case then we had better look to ourselves because our players are putting out sixty minutes of effort on the field, twenty plus hours of practice during the week, hours upon hours of study during the week.

I thought the crowd was great and looked as big as the Nichols game. I thought we would top the Nichols atendance but sure next week will do the trick . Expect a few Troy fans to come and of course their band. It will be a good one.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    A few reasons. First reason, we had a better crowd against NSU with only one win under our belt, beat FIU the projected bully of the Belt last week, a absolutely perfect football day, and you never ever want to step back.

Fan support is a personal choice. I hope people are all in. If the players, coaches, and other fans are all in then it is a great team effort. In my section we had many leave at the half, many ran out of emotion in the fourth quarter giving little vocal support.

Now it is each individuals choice on what level of support they choose to give, but at the end of the season if we are not happy with our final tally and not miss out by a couple of points, a couple of series we distracted the opposition. If that is the case then we had better look to ourselves because our players are putting out sixty minutes of effort on the field, twenty plus hours of practice during the week, hours upon hours of study during the week.
    The main thing that annoyed the crap out of me is the fact that you watch the fans dwindle away and go home even when we had the lead or when it was still a close game. When we were up by 14, droves of people on the student side started leavingI was like where the hell are they going there was 7 mins left on the clock and only up by 2 tds.

I know all the diehards stayed but the rest of the early band wagoners will just have to learn to stay intense for all 4 quarters. If our football players can give us their all for all 4 quarters, we need to return the favor.

I liked the encroachment call on FAUs TE. Never heard that before.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    I thought the crowd was great and looked as big as the Nichols game. I thought we would top the Nichols atendance but sure next week will do the trick . Expect a few Troy fans to come and of course their band. It will be a good one.

CC
    I think the difference was in the attendance of the opposition's fans. Nicholls brought enough fans to reasonably fill that north end zone section while FAU did not. I think that made a big difference both visually and in the actual numbers.

Nichols had 5-600 fans while fau had 11. Game 1 usually brings out a couple thousand that don't come back and LSU home opener yesterday hurt a bit. Troy will help this week but LSU Florida will hurt. Im going to predict 23,000 for Troy.

The main thing that annoyed the crap out of me is the fact that you watch the fans dwindle away and go home even when we had the lead or when it was still a close game. When we were up by 14, droves of people on the student side started leavingI was like where the hell are they going there was 7 mins left on the clock and only up by 2 tds.

I know all the diehards stayed but the rest of the early band wagoners will just have to learn to stay intense for all 4 quarters. If our football players can give us their all for all 4 quarters, we need to return the favor.
    I said much the same to some of the folks sitting with me in the upper part of the student section. And, given our history with FAU and the flow of the game, I had this awful feeling of deja vu from the last time that FAU came to Cajun Field. Big difference this time was we found a way to win.

Quote Originally Posted by awadelewis View Post
    I said much the same to some of the folks sitting with me in the upper part of the student section. And, given our history with FAU and the flow of the game, I had this awful feeling of deja vu from the last time that FAU came to Cajun Field. Big difference this time was we found a way to win.
    did you hear the "GIMME 6 BABAAAAAY GIMME 6" chant?? it was awesome haha

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

4-1

Nice!

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I think the difference was in the attendance of the opposition's fans. Nicholls brought enough fans to reasonably fill that north end zone section while FAU did not. I think that made a big difference both visually and in the actual numbers.
    No doubt, and it is hard to number the Nicholls fans because they were wearing red also.

I do think that yesterday there were more fans there just to see UL, than there were for the Nicholls game.

This number will continue to grow.

14. Default Re: Louisiana (37) vs. FAU (34) Final

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No doubt, and it is hard to number the Nicholls fans because they were wearing red also.

I do think that yesterday there were more fans there just to see UL, than there were for the Nicholls game.

This number will continue to grow.
    Turb with all due respect, I do not think I was deceived by similar colors. The fans for NSU sat behind their team, you could see by the cheers who was and was not an NSU fan. IMO the NSU fan support vs FAU was not a major factor in the total at the game.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Turb with all due respect, I do not think I was deceived by similar colors. The fans for NSU sat behind their team, you could see by the cheers who was and was not an NSU fan. IMO the NSU fan support vs FAU was not a major factor in the total at the game.
    You may be right I was on the student side on the opposite end from where visitors normally sit, so I couln't see how they cheered or didn't cheer.

I do know they could have sat anywhere in the stadium and from afar I couldn't tell the difference.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information