Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where do you park an RV if you don't have a reserved spot

Ragin' Cajuns Where do you park an RV if you don't have a reserved spot

Newbie here, looking for a spot to park RV since i was too late to reserve one.

anyone have idea where we can park to tailgate prior to games?

thanks

Default Re: Tailgating setup time....

Supposedly, if you go to the game and don't have a pass, the RV will be directed to a specific area. If I were you, I would obviously get there as early as possible to make sure things run smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Supposedly, if you go to the game and don't have a pass, the RV will be directed to a specific area. If I were you, I would obviously get there as early as possible to make sure things run smoothly.
    ok, thanks for the help. still trying to find my way around on these boards and wasn't sure where to ask this particular question.

just a new cheer dad trying to get to the games and have fun.

thanks again.

No problem. Here is the link again in case you missed it... Have a good time.

http://www.ragincajuns.com/ViewArtic...CLID=205303807

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ddaigle1111 View Post
    ok, thanks for the help. still trying to find my way around on these boards and wasn't sure where to ask this particular question.

thanks again.
    Welcome to the fold. You're in the clutches, you'll never be the same.

Z.

thanks, lived and worked in Lafayette from 80'-87'. will be good to get back and have more good times!

Never knew this option existed:

RV’s with no reserved tags that show up on game day will be directed to an overflow lot by parking enforcement.

Has anyone done this, what parking lot are you directed to, can you setup to tail gate in this overflow lot? I'm on the waiting list since the last few spots along Bertrand became reserved and really miss bringing the RV out there!

9. Default Re: Tailgating setup time....

thanks again.
    Welcome. Your coming in and we are into our 5th year. You will meet some great people. It is a fantastic journey. So enjoy it. We sure have.

is there anywhere to set up RV if you don't ahve a pass? we got RV to late to reserve.
    I helped a friend with this issue today. Called for Matt Casbon, but he was out so John Dugas helped us. All RV space at Cajun Field is now reserved. Non-reserved spots are now at Blackham.

Btw...there are a little over 50 RVers currently on the waiting list for spots.

11. Default Re: newbie question

For the Nicholls game, I saw a motor home parked all the way by section 4 of the overfow area behind the Ira Nelson Hoticulture Center. How much they had tailgated I do not know, the game was underway.

Great view of the Intramural Fields. Lovely walk to The Swamp, real easy to exit after the game is over.

C Red:

Wouldn't you think that if we have 50 RVers on a waiting list, the University would look to add more reserved spots for X $$ per spot for the year plus RCAF membership plus season tickets, which in my eyes would mean more revenue? Can't tell me we don't have the room, i.e. along Cajundome Blvd, etc.... but they have told me there are no plans to open more spots up? Maybe your contacts need to hear this, I'm not in to tailgating at Blackham, parking yes, but not tailgating!

My guess is that they will open more next year if there is a list that long. What they WON'T do is move other paying customers to accommodate newbies.

Don't get all hyped up, never referenced them moving paying customers and no sorry not a newby when it comes to anything Vermilion and White! Just making a point as we need to move forward in increasing revenue as we move into the new era of Cajun football, but then again this is nothing new for our University after all parking is still free which I still don't understand?

thanks, lived and worked in Lafayette from 80'-87'. will be good to get back and have more good times!
    Hope you're able to grab a good spot! Curious as to what's you story aside from the work, what did you do here and why you left? Haha Acadiana is where it's at!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information