Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread: The Book: TrackFieldXC 2005-06

1. Default Re: Veazey splits duties preparing Team and UL for SunBelt Championships

Well, I understand where you are coming from, the showings this season were very poor, I agree, I guess I (as a UL athlete) was trying to be somewhat optamistic and positive about the upcoming year.

But don't attack me. I know what hard work is. I come from a hs team that has won 26 district xc titles (IN A ROW), 22 regional titles, and 13 state titles in Texas class 5-A and we have also been the #1 team in the nation 3 times (most recently when I was a junior in 2003). I've worked my @ss off the past 5 years to get to where I am, so I do know what hard work is.

As for my times, in high school I ran 15:28 for 5k (which is most realitive to what I will be running in college). I plan to run the 5k, 10k, and steeple for UL next track season and help as much as possible.

There is one thing I don't understand. So many people come on here and complain about the state of the team etc. etc., so why doesn't someone attempt to do something about it if it is so bad? (this is a serious question) I guess if UL had an AD it would be somewhat easier?

All in all, I am pumped to finally get to race in a UL jersey this coming xc season after not being able to compete all track season when I transfered to UL. Training is going great for me day in and day out right now.

-Brent

Default Re: Veazey splits duties preparing Team and UL for SunBelt Championships

Quote Originally Posted by BrentAlmand
    Well, I understand where you are coming from, the showings this season were very poor, I agree, I guess I (as a UL athlete) was trying to be somewhat optamistic and positive about the upcoming year.

But don't attack me. I know what hard work is. I come from a hs team that has won 26 district xc titles (IN A ROW), 22 regional titles, and 13 state titles in Texas class 5-A and we have also been the #1 team in the nation 3 times (most recently when I was a junior in 2003). I've worked my @ss off the past 5 years to get to where I am, so I do know what hard work is.

As for my times, in high school I ran 15:28 for 5k (which is most realitive to what I will be running in college). I plan to run the 5k, 10k, and steeple for UL next track season and help as much as possible.

There is one thing I don't understand. So many people come on here and complain about the state of the team etc. etc., so why doesn't someone attempt to do something about it if it is so bad? (this is a serious question) I guess if UL had an AD it would be somewhat easier?

All in all, I am pumped to finally get to race in a UL jersey this coming xc season after not being able to compete all track season when I transfered to UL. Training is going great for me day in and day out right now.

-Brent
    I was not on your case --- except for your statement that the coaches work hard. These coaches do't know what hard work is. From what I hear they are NEVER around when people want them. My hunting buddies' son ran for the cajuns and he tells me halloween horror stories about a once proud program and he is thankful that the young man is finished. If what he says is true, none of these coaches is qualified to be coaching at the NCAA level. And i mean EVERY one of them. They do NOTHING well. Some coaches are good motivators, or tacticians, or recruiters. Others are good teachers or paper pushers. These four are none of the above and are a disgrace to the red and white tradition that has seen UL track be atop the conference standings for the past 20-25 years. AS for XC, is it true that an all conference full sholarship freshman QUIT 2 years ago because they had not recruited anyone to run with him and becasue of the terrible schedule which included meets worse than his high school schedule a year earlier? I heard that the kid wanted out so bad that he faked an injury and left a full scholarship on the table to walk on at LSU. If that is "building" a program, someone at the track is smoking weed.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Veazey splits duties preparing Team and UL for SunBelt Championships

Quote Originally Posted by Xlettrman
    Oh hounddog.Finally another person with a brain. Veazey is a great person, maybe a great assistant coach.I don't know how though.but he destroyed the track program and has nothing but excuses--He's apoor recruiter, poor fundraiser, and has poor relationships with area coaches!
    You forgot to mention poor relationships with state athletes. Even his NCAA-banned-steroid thrower coach has better relationships and they are NIL. Why else is he recruitng out of state when there is some rich talent here?? Look at LA TECH and what they have accomplished with MOSTLY Louisiana athletes. Geeze, I think they qualified 22 or 23 to the NCAA's??? And we qualified ZIPOLA???

BTW, where might he have been a great assistant coach? Great assistant coaches can step into any head job and keep on rolling. So great he was not, becasue he IS not.

4. Default Re: Veazey splits duties preparing Team and UL for SunBelt Championships

Quote Originally Posted by houndoggy1
    You forgot to mention poor relationships with state athletes. Even his NCAA-banned-steroid thrower coach has better relationships and they are NIL.

Yeah.what a joke. The sad thing is that I know two people that applied for that job that would have done a great job.one of the two would have pulled some serious athletes in here too.

Why else is he recruitng out of state when there is some rich talent here?? Look at LA TECH and what they have accomplished with MOSTLY Louisiana athletes. Geeze, I think they qualified 22 or 23 to the NCAA's??? And we qualified ZIPOLA???
    Amen.

Oh.and Brent; we speak what we do out of concern.not malice for current athletes. I've got several nice gold rings from conference championships at UL.I'm proud of them and my teammates and coaches and what we built.what I see pains me, so I vent here because the university stays blind to what is going on because Lance Veazey is their bi*ch and he says yes sir and no sir to the right people.so they let him keep his job--he don't rock the boat--and that's what Authement likes apparently.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread Information