Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book: TrackFieldXC 2005-06

Endurance Training Re: 21st annual Louisiana Classics Track and Field Meet

I thought that was strange also. Northwestern did not win the race.

Default Re: 21st annual Louisiana Classics Track and Field Meet

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    According to the Advocate there was no team scoring for the Louisiana Classics meet.

Correct me if I am wrong; Doesn't that mean it's just a bunch of individuals out there competing?

Anyone know the reason for the format?
    Unlike high school, team scoring is rarely seen at the college level, until the conference championships. Not sure why it's that way.

3. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns open at home

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    What do these times converted to a hundred and 220 yd. dash equal???

Default Sunbelt All Time Outdoor Track & Field

[/B]Sun Belt Announces All-Time Outdoor Track Teams [/B]
    Courtesy: Sun Belt Conference
    Release: 03/21/2006

NEW ORLEANS – The Sun Belt Conference embarked on its 30th season of competition in 2005-06 and has announced today the league’s All-Time Outdoor Track and Field teams.

The late Charles Lancon from Louisiana-Lafayette was selected as the Men’s All-Time Coach, while current North Texas head coach Rick Watkins was picked as the Women’s All-Time Coach. The 2004 NCAA fastest man, Middle Tennessee’s Mardy Scales, and Florida International’s Sheri-Ann Brooks ran away with the men’s and women’s MVP title, respectively.

Both the men’s and women’s teams were selected by a 26-member media panel after each school nominated qualified student-athletes.

MEN

ALL-TIME COACH

Charles Lancon, Louisiana-Lafayette (1989-2002)

ALL-TIME MVP

Mardy Scales, Middle Tennessee (2000-04)

ALL-TIME TEAM

Chris Johnson, Arkansas-Little Rock (2001-02, 04-05)

Leo Settle, Arkansas-Little Rock (1997-98)

Daniel Ryland, Arkansas State (1998-02)

Candon Powell, Arkansas State (2000-05)

Anthony Hampton, Arkansas State (1990-93)

Kevin Bateman, Florida International (1997-2000)

Yandiel Muniz, Florida International (2003-05)

Kevon Pierre, Florida International (2003-05)

Lawrence Willis, Louisiana-Lafayette (2002-04)

Ndabe Mdhlongwa, Louisiana-Lafayette (1993-96)

Graddy Labbe, Louisiana-Lafayette (1991-92, 1994)

Henry Brooks, Louisiana-Lafayette (1991-92)

Larry Moore, Louisiana-Lafayette (1991-92)

Windell Dopson, Louisiana-Lafayette (1991-92)

Mardy Scales, Middle Tennessee (2001-04)

Godfrey Herring, Middle Tennessee (1999-2002)

Victor Okorie, Middle Tennessee (2003-04)

Mike Hancock, New Orleans (1996-98)

Omar Smith, New Orleans (2001-04)

Detrion Woodson, North Texas (1998-2001)

Jeff Campbell, South Alabama (1992-94)

Eli Kerren, South Alabama (1994-97)

David Kamani, South Alabama (1999-2000)

Tonny Okello, South Alabama (1996-99)

Nick Aliwell, Western Kentucky (1994-97)

Jonathan Brown, Western Kentucky (2002-04)

Sean Dollman, Western Kentucky (1989-92)

Enda Grandfield, Western Kentucky (2001-04)

Aaron Mullins, Western Kentucky (1998-99)

Raigo Toompuu, Western Kentucky (2002-05)

WOMEN

ALL-TIME COACH

Rick Watkins, North Texas (1997-present)

ALL-TIME MVP

Sheri-Ann Brooks, Florida International (2003-05)

ALL-TIME TEAM

Ida Nilsson, Arkansas-Little Rock (2001)

Dawn Williams-Sewer, Arkansas-Little Rock (1995-97)

Sheri-Ann Brooks, Florida International (2003-05)

Anita Edwards, Florida International (1999-2003)

Linda Louissaint, Florida International (2001-05)

Tunesia Ashford, Lamar (1991-94)

Yamelis Ortiz, Lamar (1995-2000)

Twilet Malcolm, Louisiana-Lafayette (1991, 93)

JoJo Harris, Louisiana-Lafayette (1992-94, 96)

Kiesha Owens, Louisiana-Lafayette (1992-94, 96)

Beverly Langley, Louisiana-Lafayette (1996-99)

Kim Freeman, Middle Tennessee (2000-03)

Rosemary Okafor, Middle Tennessee (2002-04)

Rachel Cuellar, New Mexico State (2002-05)

Erin Streater, New Mexico State (2002-05)

Sandra Anane, New Mexico State (2002-05)

Santilla Victorian, New Orleans (1995-97)

Marian Petta, New Orleans (2000-03)

Laura Martin, South Alabama (1996-2000)

Coleen Kenney, South Alabama (1992-94)

Shemeeka Hopkins, South Alabama (1998-2002)

Bibiche Mankatu, South Alabama (2001-04)

Olga Mencnarowska, South Alabama (1996-99)

Ajoke Odumosu, South Alabama (2003-05)

Selina Campbell-Blick, Western Kentucky (1995-98)

Olga Cronin, Western Kentucky (2000-03)

Breeda Dennehy, Western Kentucky (1990-91, 93)

Valarie Lynch, Western Kentucky (1997-2000)

Michelle Murphy, Western Kentucky (1990-93)

Cara Nichols, Western Kentucky (2002-05

Default Re: The State of UL Track

Quote Originally Posted by old track guy
    The State of UL Track has fallen off the high horse that Charles Lancon put it on.
    Duuhhhh, for the record, Charles Lancon "inherited" a good program. He didn't create it. He, Badon and Schxnayder just kept it going.

But they did it without having the current competition in a "new" Sun Belt Conference.

Default Re: The State of UL Track

Quote Originally Posted by old track guy
    The State of UL Track has fallen off the high horse that Charles Lancon put it on.
    Duuhhhh, for the record, Charles Lancon "inherited" a good program. He didn't create it. He, Badon and Schxnayder just kept it going.

But they did it without having the current competition in a "new" Sun Belt Conference.

Track & Field Re: The State of UL Track

I agree that something has to be done, and done now. Track is has become a sport that is just existing. I do not know the head track coach but have met him on a couple of occassions, nice guy. Nice is not cutting the mustard. He must though be given a chance to kick it into Robe, Steff, Bustle, or Lee gear or step down. I personally do not know who could come in and make it work but Hollis Conway comes to mind when thinking about track and field. I would love to see Hollis back at Cajun Track!!

DaddyCajun

I agree that something has to be done, and done now. Track is has become a sport that is just existing. I do not know the head track coach but have met him on a couple of occassions, nice guy. Nice is not cutting the mustard. He must though be given a chance to kick it into Robe, Steff, Bustle, or Lee gear or step down. I personally do not know who could come in and make it work but Hollis Conway comes to mind when thinking about track and field. I would love to see Hollis back at Cajun Track!!

DaddyCajun

Ragin' Cajuns Re: The State of UL Track

Smile, Jimmy Swaggart and Jerry Baldwin Love you.

Smile, God and Jerry Baldwin Love you.

Smile, John Kerry Loves you -- and so does Hillary

Smile, John Kerry Loves you -- and so does Hillary

Repent and Be Saved

"THINK BIG ! HIRE A LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL COACH TODAY!"
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Here's that scenerio in action......

As the new (former HS) coach enters a prospects home in Dallas.....

"Hi, I'm Pierre Gaudin, shah, I'm dat track coach at dat UL-Lafayette down dare in dat Lafayette, Louisiana town. We're at LA 93 and 182. I want you to come down and run for me, OK?? I got 12.8 scholarships, but I have to hold back half of them out to pay travel, recruiting, equipment, uniform and home meet expenses jus' so my school can count me as an NCAA sport. Dat keeps 'dem in dat runnin' for dat Div I national championship in football and basketball year-in and year-out.

Oh, I forgot, instead of you going to Texas, Baylor or Arkansas, where you will fly to top meets, win championships and have 10 pair of shoes each year, come on down and I'll get you one pair from Academy and I'll get you a spot in dat "dynamic" Sun Belt track Championship. And you can sleep in the same bed wid anudder guy when we go four to a room on dat road.

Our facility has one bathroom, when it works, and a huge stadium having 250 good track seats that our president thought looked good on dat paper when he approved it. Oh, and don't worry about having one locker room and those rumors about old Title 9 violations. Our guys only "use" to dress there and when they finished the gals went in and locked dem doors for 10 minutes, got dressed and then unlocked the doors and went to workouts.

It's a great place. So come on down, run national times that you are capable of, and stay home with the rest of us from dem big meets and keep these closet UL track fans off my A $ $. Running at those big places is no fun anyway; you COULD get air-sick 10 times a year from all that flying around the country. There's no place like the UL-Lafayette Soccer Complex ...... uhhhhhh sometimes track complex. You won't fly anywhere from there cause we can't afford it.

Now dats one heck of a recruiting magnet for ANYONE!

Quote Originally Posted by GetTheFacts1st
    "THINK BIG ! HIRE A LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL COACH TODAY!"
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Here's that scenerio in action......

As the new (former HS) coach enters a prospects home in Dallas.....

"Hi, I'm Pierre Gaudin, shah, I'm dat track coach at dat UL-Lafayette down dare in dat Lafayette, Louisiana town. We're at LA 93 and 182. I want you to come down and run for me, OK?? I got 12.8 scholarships, but I have to hold back half of them out to pay travel, recruiting, equipment, uniform and home meet expenses jus' so my school can count me as an NCAA sport. Dat keeps 'dem in dat runnin' for dat Div I national championship in football and basketball year-in and year-out.

Oh, I forgot, instead of you going to Texas, Baylor or Arkansas, where you will fly to top meets, win championships and have 10 pair of shoes each year, come on down and I'll get you one pair from Academy and I'll get you a spot in dat "dynamic" Sun Belt track Championship. And you can sleep in the same bed wid anudder guy when we go four to a room on dat road.

Our facility has one bathroom, when it works, and a huge stadium having 250 good track seats that our president thought looked good on dat paper when he approved it. Oh, and don't worry about having one locker room and those rumors about old Title 9 violations. Our guys only "use" to dress there and when they finished the gals went in and locked dem doors for 10 minutes, got dressed and then unlocked the doors and went to workouts.

It's a great place. So come on down, run national times that you are capable of, and stay home with the rest of us from dem big meets and keep these closet UL track fans off my A $ $. Running at those big places is no fun anyway; you COULD get air-sick 10 times a year from all that flying around the country. There's no place like the UL-Lafayette Soccer Complex ...... uhhhhhh sometimes track complex. You won't fly anywhere from there cause we can't afford it.

Now dats one heck of a recruiting magnet for ANYONE!
    Getthefacts you are one POSITIVE dude!!! With positive thinking fans like you we are just bound to go forward????

You have posted a grand total of 4 times and I do not know if you have had one good thing to say. I do not know you are at least I do not think I do, but I tend to hang around doer's, movers, shakers, positive people, traits I can't say you have shown here thus far. Might want to take all that NEGATIVE ENERGY and "Flip" the switch to POSITIVE and do something constructive!!!

Hope you are sincere in your caring about UL Track and Field, and go on from here and do some moving and shaking of your own. You certainly are pationate with your thoughts and views, now please put them to some good use and help make something happen if this is the sport of your choice.

Acadiana is large enough that you could put on some annual fund raiser that could help track and field.

Coaches, I do not know where they would come from or if anything will come of the current staff, but something must be done to get this program up and going again!!!

DaddyCajun

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information