Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sunday morning QB

Default Sunday morning QB

It's always a good day when Louisiana wins. The team tried all night, and took care of business when they had to against a lesser team.

Now, let's talk about a few things.

This was one of the least talented teams to visit Cajun Field in a while. Any normal year, UL would have dominated this team early by winning the line of scrimmage battle. As you know, this is not a normal year.

This is a 2 or 3 year rebuilding project people. It's gonna take a few recruiting classes to shore up the OL and the front 7 on D. Also, it should be evident to all of you that the QB that Hud will make his run with over here is currently not on the depth chart.

We should all expect a roller coaster season, with maybe a few more downs than ups.

As for the rest of the team, Harris looked REALLY good at RB. I know a lot of you are sold on Griffin, but Harris should touch the rock at least 10 times every game.

I also thought Stover did a good job with the kickoffs.

If I'm Hud, Gautier is my starter for the rest of the year, and I'm contacting the best witch doctors from New Orleans to try and place the spirit of Tommie Frazier in Gautier's body.

Default Re: Sunday morning QB

Have to disagree about the kickoffs. I did not see any appreciable improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Stover got the ball deeper but they looked more like line drives.

4. Default Re: Sunday morning QB

Was the last one by design?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I thought they were much deeper than the prior two games. He was pretty consistently getting it to the 5 or deeper. But, as CF32 pointed out, they didn't have enough hang time. So I would say there was some improvement, but he needs to add more hang time, even if it means the kicks only get to the 10. It doesn't look like he has the leg to get it deep enough into the end zone for the returner not to bring it out. I thought our kick coverage struggled a bit early but got better as the game went on. There were some very solid hits. I just wish the first man down (any of them on first contact) could tackle the returner.

6. Default Re: Sunday morning QB

Where did Nicholls kicker come from? His first kick was at the back of the EndZone and he made it look EZ

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    It's always a good day when Louisiana wins. The team tried all night, and took care of business when they had to against a lesser team.

This was one of the least talented teams to visit Cajun Field in a while. Any normal year, UL would have dominated this team early by winning the line of scrimmage battle. As you know, this is not a normal year.

This is a 2 or 3 year rebuilding project people. It's gonna take a few recruiting classes to shore up the OL and the front 7 on D. Also, it should be evident to all of you that the QB that Hud will make his run with over here is currently not on the depth chart.

We should all expect a roller coaster season, with maybe a few more downs than ups.

As for the rest of the team, Harris looked REALLY good at RB. I know a lot of you are sold on Griffin, but Harris should touch the rock at least 10 times every game.

If I'm Hud, Gautier is my starter for the rest of the year, and I'm contacting the best witch doctors from New Orleans to try and place the spirit of Tommie Frazier in Gautier's body.
    The defense had 7 sacks, blocked a FG, INT for a TD, gave up less than 100 yards rushing for the first time this decade. Yet, that performance was not good enough for you? Yes, we should have scored more points, I may be wrong here, but I don't think we gave up 300 yards of total offense. So everything you have said about the defense is pure grade a bull____.

Let me explain something to you, go to the game and watch it in person. Until then, keep your unwanted opinion to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The defense had 7 sacks, blocked a FG, INT for a TD, gave up less than 100 yards rushing for the first time this decade. Yet, that performance was not good enough for you? Yes, we should have scored more points, I may be wrong here, but I don't think we gave up 300 yards of total offense. So everything you have said about the defense is pure grade a bull____.

Let me explain something to you, go to the game and watch it in person. Until then, keep your unwanted opinion to yourself.
    Dude that was pretty harsh given that Nation is a long time contributor. I'm interested in his opinion independent of whether or not I think it is on target. Since we are apparently handing out advice today, here's some for you: save the venom for someone with zero credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Dude that was pretty harsh given that Nation is a long time contributor. I'm interested in his opinion independent of whether or not I think it is on target. Since we are apparently handing out advice today, here's some for you: save the venom for someone with zero credibility.
    What credibility does he have? He constantly post on this board about what we "need" to do, but doesn't see what we are doing. If he is not complaining then he would have 1/3rd of the post on this site. It is always something revolving around The Advertiser, uniforms or the name game with him. Now it is, we don't have depth, we are not good, we suck doom and gloom yet we are 2-1 with a road OOC win. Man, I would hate to see what he thinks of his own life.talk about the most pessimistic poster on this board. I and others are tired of his pessimism, get your ass over here to a game and feel what is going on over here then make your assessment. You don't get to see or feel what is going on from a computer keyboard sitting in your house in Houston.

Here you go, read them and then maybe you will want to restate your opinion.

Turnovers Gained by defense top 5 in nation.
    http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.js.&div=IA&dest=O

Sacks by defense tied for 8th in nation

Tackles for loss by defense tied for 5th in nation

Dwight Bentley tied for 1st in nation individually with INT and INT for TD
    Christopher Tucker and Jemarlous Moten in top 15 players nationally with Fumble Recovered

Roster and games played info
    http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/r.r=2011&org=671

We won.lets try to be positive. This isn't Tigerdroppings

12. Default Re: Sunday morning QB

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    You don't get to see or feel what is going on from a computer keyboard sitting in your house in Houston.
    Don't hold me to it but I think CajunNation lives in Acadiana.

You are sooooooooooooooooooo wrong regarding the oline.They held the pocket last night. They did their job and have improved tremendously. I am sick and tired of hearing about it. Watch the game.then come back with oline comments.

14. Default Re: Sunday morning QB

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    You are sooooooooooooooooooo wrong regarding the oline.They held the pocket last night. They did their job and have Improved tremendously. I am sick and tired of hearing about it. Watch the game.then come back with oline comments.
    I agree. Because until they allow holding the O-Line will never be built that can protect all day.

I thought they gave plenty of time for the QBs to find the open guy. A few times the QB was waiting for something to develop downfield when there were several wide open receivers available underneath.

A hesitant QB can give the false impression of the o-line collapsing, when none are designed to last all day.

They did fine and will only get better.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Don't hold me to it but I think CajunNation lives in Acadiana.
    And if he does and wasn't at the game and is not hindered by a physical handicap then he is not the fan he claims to be IMO!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information