Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sunday morning QB

Default Re: Sunday morning QB

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    And if he does and wasn't at the game and is not hindered by a physical handicap then he is not the fan he claims to be IMO!

I think you have me confused with someone else on this board.

Born, raised, and currently live about 30 minutes from Cajuns field.

I was at the game, as I am every home game, sitting in the seats I have had since 1998.

For the record, I am not a pessimist. I am a realist. I call it like I see it, and believe it or not, I start positive threads on this board when I feel they are warranted and needed.

Yes, I have my pet peeves like everyone else, and I probably rant about them too much for some here, but at the end of the day, it is all my opinion. You're welcome to agree with it, disagree with it, or put my profile on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I think you have me confused with someone else on this board.

Born, raised, and currently live about 30 minutes from Cajuns field.

I was at the game, as I am every home game, sitting in the seats I have had since 1998.

For the record, I am not a pessimist. I am a realist. I call it like I see it, and believe it or not, I start positive threads on this board when I feel they are warranted and needed.

Yes, I have my pet peeves like everyone else, and I probably rant about them too much for some here, but at the end of the day, it is all my opinion. You're welcome to agree with it, disagree with it, or put my profile on ignore.
    I just get so sick and tired of the oline being the scapegoat for everyone. Unless we are on defense I watch ONLY the 5 guys who play on the line on every play. They did a good job last night night. They get blamed for playing poorly no matter how long they hold that pocket and thats BS. If you are waiting for the magical recruiting cure to "shoreup" the oline .you will be waiting a very long time. There is only 1 senior, whos replacement for next year is getting reps allready the other 4 are 2 juniors, 1 sophomore and a freshman so this is the oline. How about getting behind them. Do you know what there assignments are? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I agree. Because until they allow holding the O-Line will never be built that can protect all day.

I thought they gave plenty of time for the QBs to find the open guy. A few times the QB was waiting for something to develop downfield when there were several wide open receivers available underneath.

A hesitant QB can give the false impression of the o-line collapsing, when none are designed to last all day.

They did fine and will only get better.

jmo
    AMEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    I just get so sick and tired of the oline being the scapegoat for everyone. Unless we are on defense I watch ONLY the 5 guys who play on the line on every play. They did a good job last night night. They get blamed for playing poorly no matter how long they hold that pocket and thats BS. If you are waiting for the magical recruiting cure to "shoreup" the oline .you will be waiting a very long time. There is only 1 senior, whos replacement for next year is getting reps allready the other 4 are 2 juniors, 1 sophomore and a freshman so this is the oline. How about getting behind them. Do you know what there assignments are? Probably not.
    I watched the replay of the game. Without the uncertainty of the outcome it was easier to pay attention to the performances. Overall I thought Themis-line loomed pretty good. Outside of the early false start and holding penaties they provided pretty good protection, IMO. The going up the middle may have been tough at times but I think they will continue to improve
    as the season progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    I thought the pass blocking was pretty good. I saw a few problems on run blocking, but overall not too bad. I think a lot of the problems that looked like OL problems stemmed from other sources, like QB, and maybe freshmen running backs missing assignments. It's kinda like when the QB gets blamed for a bad pass when the receiver runs the wrong route. BTW, what was KP flagged for on the unsportsmanlike penalty. I didn't see it and was wondering. I was not overly impressed with that officiating crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I agree. Because until they allow holding the O-Line will never be built that can protect all day.

I thought they gave plenty of time for the QBs to find the open guy. A few times the QB was waiting for something to develop downfield when there were several wide open receivers available underneath.

A hesitant QB can give the false impression of the o-line collapsing, when none are designed to last all day.

They did fine and will only get better.

jmo
    Good points, the OL is hard to assess because 1 of the 5 can make the whole line look bad on any given play and it could be a different guy each time. It takes the whole group playing well. I didn't notice this at first until someone else at the game mentioned it, the center, Huval is hiking the ball low on many occasions when the QB is in the shotgun. I know he is new to the position and will improve as the season goes on, but this does take the QB out of rhythm initially and can cause bigger problems, like fumbles, if it's not addressed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information