Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who in your opinion was the most impressive freshman last night?

Default Who in your opinion was the most impressive freshman last night?

Ringo really caught my eye after rewatching the game.

2. Default Re: Who in your opinion was the most impressive freshman last night?

Zax Bourque rreally played well

Anybody knew what a story

HARRIS

Default Re: Who in your opinion was the most impressive freshman last night?

Harris by a mile.

Trae Johnson and Alonzo Harris.

I know Jelani Smith isn't a freshman but he is new and HOLY _____! He almost killed that kick returner twice last night.

Harris was obviously a man. I basically went hipster on everyone and didn't pick him because it was so obvious. However, I really liked how disruptive Ringo was.

6. Default Re: Who in your opinion was the most impressive freshman last night?

The whole class impressed me. I'm lovin' me some Trae Johnson though.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I agree that Ringo had some very good plays. Also, Harris and Griffin, of course, looked pretty good, as did Pettis, Johnson Anyama, and Hamilton. Some bright prospects for present as well as the future! I'm sure there are other talented freshman on the team who haven't had a chance to do much yet due to the experienced players ahead of them. Looking forward to seeing which ones develop into stars, and also who the staff brings in for the next recruiting cycle.

I liked all the ones mentioned and I thought Robert Walker had a nice game

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    I liked all the ones mentioned and I thought Robert Walker had a nice game
    R. Walker's not a freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Zax Bourque rreally played well

Anybody knew what a story

HARRIS
    Did zack play on special teams are something?

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Did zack play on special teams are something?
    Bourque's name is not listed on ragincajuns.com as participating in the game last night, of course it could be wrong. Freshman LB Jake Molbert was in on 6 tackles not sure how many were on defense and how many were special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Peoples has been making a few plays also. What is really crazy is how many true freshmen are playing. These guys will get better as the season goes on. They will be really good next year and my assumption is that Hud will have an even better group coming in next year: And, some of next years freshmen will start. We'll probably also have Gauthier and Broadway in a quarterback battle. For UL to be this competitive at this point with this many true freshmen playing is truely amazing. The future looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Peoples has been making a few plays also. What is really crazy is how many true freshmen are playing. These guys will get better as the season goes on. They will be really good next year and my assumption is that Hud will have an even better group coming in next year: And, some of next years freshmen will start. We'll probably also have Gauthier and Broadway in a quarterback battle. For UL to be this competitive at this point with this many true freshmen playing is truely amazing. The future looks really good.
    Peoples is not a freshman, he is a JC Junior.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Peoples is not a freshman, he is a JC Junior.

Still, I believe the point is that we have an unusually high number of kids playing that have not been at UL very long. It could be a little rocky at times this season, but look out down the road! This could be the beginning of something beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Still, I believe the point is that we have an unusually high number of kids playing that have not been at UL very long. It could be a little rocky at times this season, but look out down the road! This could be the beginning of something beautiful
    Very true, but the thread is entitled "most impressive freshman". That's the only reason I pointed that out. But you are right, we do have a lot of new faces this year. And most of them will bring an upgrade in talent. That's not meant as a put-down of any of our players who have been here prior to Coach Hud. Many of them are very talented in their own right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information