Thread: Buckley's Breakdown

1. UL Football Buckley's Breakdown

A blocked field goal returned 68 yards for a touchdown by Melvin White, an interception returned 41 yards for a touchdown by fellow defensive back Bill Bentley and a 49-yard field goal by Brett Baer were just some of the huge plays for UL on a night the Ragin' Cajuns offense frequently was bogged down by penalites.

The rest of the story

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Buckley's Breakdown

QUOTE OF THE NIGHT
    "He blew the top off the safety. I saw him open, and I just wanted to give him enough air so he could underneath it and just grab it. I knew it was touchdown, once I threw it."

— Gautier, on his game-sealing 60-yard touchdown pass to Javone Lawson.

In a word. "awesome".

Definitely the most exciting play of the night for the offense. Now, if they could just do that with some consistency .

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Buckley's Breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    QUOTE OF THE NIGHT
    "He blew the top off the safety. I saw him open, and I just wanted to give him enough air so he could underneath it and just grab it. I knew it was touchdown, once I threw it."

— Gautier, on his game-sealing 60-yard touchdown pass to Javone Lawson.

In a word. "awesome".
    Then there was this -

"WORST COACHING
    DECISION

Hudspeth had a chance to let kicker Brett Baer try a 50-yard field goal, but passed. Baer would later show why that maybe wasn't such a good idea."

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Then there was this -

"WORST COACHING
    DECISION

Hudspeth had a chance to let kicker Brett Baer try a 50-yard field goal, but passed. Baer would later show why that maybe wasn't such a good idea."
    Have to disagree, Jack. Worst coaching decision was to put Chris Masson back out there to start the second half. I think everyone else had seen enough of him in the 1st half to know he could not get the job done. Then he immediately coughs up the ball inside our 5. Fourteen of Nicholls' 21 points came off of Chris Masson turnovers. And he almost gave up another pick six late in the 2nd quarter deep in our end when he should have just taken the sack and protected the ball.

My favorite part of the game was Blaine high stepping down the sidelines windmilling his arms while Javon Lawson was taking the ball into the end zone lol

Thread Information