Thread: Scrimmage 8:15 Saturday Aug 20

Default Scrimmage 8:15 Saturday Aug 20

I heard there will be a scrimmage at Cajun Field next Saturday.if so what time and will anyone else be making it out there?

It will be the first practice I am able to see so I'm excited to see all the new guys and actually be able to throw my 2 cents into a few of the threads on the board.

2. Default Re: Scrimmage Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    I heard there will be a scrimmage at Cajun Field next Saturday.if so what time and will anyone else be making it out there?
    1:30pm

Wish I could be there.

UL Football Scrimmage

Any news on how the team performed? It's kinda hard to go when ya working in Texas. Hope they did excellent.

4. UL Football Scrimmage: Defense Shines

Scoring was at a premium on Wednesday at Cajun Field.

There was a lid placed on yards gained, too.

Completed passes were no easier to find.

In short, it was a typical first scrimmage for Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns, who battled the heat and each other for nearly 100 plays without anyone finding the end zone.

There were infrequent moments of success, with redshirt quarterback Michael Desormeaux and freshman running back Tyrell Fenroy raising eyebrows and JC receiver Corey Frederick looking comfortable, but the defense ruled.

"It was hot," said Bustle, who moved the drill up two hours when he heard that bad weather might arrive in Lafayette later in the day. "I thought we showed good effort. You're not going to move quite as fast in this heat, but as long as you're going hard you can fight through it.

"I thought it was a good first scrimmage. I don't like the dropped passes. The defense looked good, but they kept giving up the long play."

Starting quarterback Jerry Babb saw limited action, opening the door for further development by backup Desormeaux.

"The biggest thing right now is that I feel comfortable," Desormeaux said. "After last fall, the spring and now this fall, the offense slows down a little bit for me. I can feel myself stepping in.

"This offense gives you a good chance to be mobile, but I think a lot of it is instinct. Sometimes I take off and run too soon, but I got lucky because things opened up and I was able to make a play."

The rest of story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Scrimmage: Defense Shines

I hope to wake up on time to make Saturdays scrimmage!! It will be at 1:30p.m. will it not?

DaddyCajun

ps This is like the appetizer proir to the meal, we check out the chef/team proir to the meal/season!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    I hope to wake up on time to make Saturdays scrimmage!! It will be at 1:30p.m. will it not?

DaddyCajun

ps This is like the appetizer proir to the meal, we check out the chef/team proir to the meal/season!
    Just read on practice report, official site, scrimmage has moved up to 8:15 AM Saturday.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by rwcajun
    Just read on practice report, official site, scrimmage has moved up to 8:15 AM Saturday.
    hope to see you there

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by rwcajun
    Decided to reply to myself, I will check tomorrow as I am sure others will.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    hope to see you there

Z.
    Look foward as well.

Default Re: Scrimmage Saturday?

Turbine, the news copy on this page states the scrimmage game is at 3/30 pm Saturday. I thought it was at 1/30 pm as well. Do you know which time is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by cajundad70
    Turbine, the news copy on this page states the scrimmage game is at 3/30 pm Saturday. I thought it was at 1/30 pm as well. Do you know which time is correct?
    Sports Information has released that the time has been moved to 815am.

I'll be there hope to see a few of ya'll out there as well.

Thread Information