Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2005 Fall Practice Running Backs

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: 2005 Fall Practice Pics

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGuru
    Zee,another great movie. If you enjoyed"Saving Private Ryan", then you will enjoy this movie. I would rate it slightly below that movie, but really good. Alot of Ole Timers at this feature, but most clapped at the end. The younger generation really needs to see this movie, if for anything a history lesson. Very little is talked about the tens of thousands the were executed by the Japaneese in China,Philippines and Southeast Asia. Not to mention the thousands KIA or injured during the battles in the South Pacific. It should be taught in context with the dropping of the bomb on Japan.
    Thanks Guru,

looks like a must see!!!

Z.

Sounds like a movie about a roach exterminator :-)

All kidding aside, sounds like a great flick to put on my "must see" list.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    Sounds like a movie about a roach exterminator :-)

All kidding aside, sounds like a great flick to put on my "must see" list.
    The Discovery channel had a show on last week called Ghosts of Bataan that was a tie in to the movie. They interviewed some of the Death March survivors. Those men went through hell. History demonizes the Germans but seems to let the Japanese of lightly in comparison. But in many ways the Japanese were juast as bad if not worse. While the Nazis singled out Jews as an inferior race, the Japanese looked at all non-Japanese as inferior races (former Japanese soldiers make these remarks in the show) and treated all conquered people equally harsh. Sadly, while we have made the Germans face the truth about their past regime and basically turned them into a nation of pacifists the Japanese have never really owned up to their actions.

4. UL Football Re: 2005 Fall Practice Running Backs

"The 2005 FAll Practice Running Backs"- I keep reading about this running back and that running back, but not about Booker Jenkins (fullback) or Abdule Levier. Okay, here we go again these two young men have been most impressive to me so far out of the RB group so far. My souces told me that Big Book is about 255lbs. now and he is moving really well and blocking with low pad level from middle drill i observe the other day, and Mr. Levier, the most underrated of them all, looks in real good physical condition. My sources has also told me that he has lost some body fat and really looks define in the upper body area and the arms and looks like he has gained a step or two and is cathing the ball really well. I really believe that these two young men will highlight the season at those positions and crash the committee of RB's with Big Book leading the FB back position. " Go cajuns Go"

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2005 Fall Practice Running Backs

I bet this sounds real familiar.Huuuummmmmmmmmm!

"The Cajun defense has dominated the last two days, including Saturday afternoon's middle drill session when running room was at a premium.

Caleb Rubin had a solid gain on a sweep behind the blocking of Justin Venable on one play, and freshman Tyrell Fenroy fought for yardage up the middle, but there wasn't much other success.

"The defense really got after them in the middle drill," Bustle said. "We'll see if the offense can respond the next time."

See: http://acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs.dll.508140355/1006

Default Re: 2005 Fall Practice Running Backs

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    I bet this sounds real familiar.Huuuummmmmmmmmm!

"The Cajun defense has dominated the last two days, including Saturday afternoon's middle drill session when running room was at a premium.

Caleb Rubin had a solid gain on a sweep behind the blocking of Justin Venable on one play, and freshman Tyrell Fenroy fought for yardage up the middle, but there wasn't much other success.

"The defense really got after them in the middle drill," Bustle said. "We'll see if the offense can respond the next time."

See: http://acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs.dll.508140355/1006
    Yes,he did say including the middle drill Saturday. Does that mean they didn't dominate Friday in the middle drill? From my vantage point Friday, they did not dominate in the middle drill. Could it be that is the reason he used the phrase"including the middle drill Saturday?" Hummmm

7. Default Re: 2005 Fall Practice Pics

If you were paying attention, you would have noticed that they did tackle on more then one occassion. I don't know which drill you were watching, but several times the back was hammered in the backfield. I would call that tackling. Lack of dominance is when the back breaks tackles of the DL,LB's and DB's. You must be talking about the full team drills. This drill was before full team drills and had no WR's and CB's. I was standing next to Crawfish and Boomer,they can tell you there was tackling. It's early, but I can say that it was very similar to last years performance.
    Remember Wallace's move to make 2-3 yards---4 guys in on the tackle,but he made 5 moves to pick up what maybe was a loss of yardage---picture those moves on a screen, draw, off tackle sweep, ofr flare pass!!!!!I think he is the one and not Fenroy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer
    Remember Wallace's move to make 2-3 yards---4 guys in on the tackle,but he made 5 moves to pick up what maybe was a loss of yardage---picture those moves on a screen, draw, off tackle sweep, ofr flare pass!!!!!I think he is the one and not Fenroy!!!!
    Yes I do remember that play. Boomer, it will be interesting to see how many touches he will get and what packages they will put in for him. I just don't know how many plays he will get each game. It sure would be ashame to lose a year of eligibility for a few plays a game.With all the backs we have, someone will not get much playing time unless a injury occurs.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2005 Fall Practice Running Backs

Yes,he did say including the middle drill Saturday. Does that mean they didn't dominate Friday in the middle drill? From my vantage point Friday, they did not dominate in the middle drill. Could it be that is the reason he used the phrase"including the middle drill Saturday?" Hummmm
    I think you may have something here sir!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2005 Fall Practice Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer
    Remember Wallace's move to make 2-3 yards---4 guys in on the tackle,but he made 5 moves to pick up what maybe was a loss of yardage---picture those moves on a screen, draw, off tackle sweep, for flare pass!!!!!I think he is the one and not Frenoy!!!!
    Wallace is surely the quickest of the twoHowever.in regards to physical durability.the edge goes to FenroyHis physical development is clearly more advanced at this point. Spoke to Wallace on Saturday, regarding his neck, he stated that he felt the effects of what he described as a "stinger" for the past three days.stated he was sitting out for precautionary reasons.He seemed very up-beat and anxious to continue practicing! Very pleasant young man

11. Default Re: 2005 Fall Practice Pics

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    Wallace is surely the quickest of the twoHowever.in regards to physical durability.the edge goes to Fenroy
    Sure seems that way.

It was a pleasure meeting you.

12. Default Re: 2005 Fall Practice Pics

Yes I do remember that play. Boomer, it will be interesting to see how many touches he will get and what packages they will put in for him. I just don't know how many plays he will get each game. It sure would be ashame to lose a year of eligibility for a few plays a game.With all the backs we have, someone will not get much playing time unless a injury occurs.
    Hey CG--We are suppose to say that this is a situation and not a problem--But it brings some great points into play--When I saw Fenroy catch that pass in the flat in the passing drill my eyes lit up---like in real deal---Does Abdule have geat hands----Wouldn't ya love to see the 40 times on all these guys!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information