Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Fall Practice Running Backs

Default Re: 2005 Fall Practice Pics

I know it's still early and they're not in full-out hit-mode yet, but I haven't been able to make it to any practices.how has our stable of young RB's looked? Wallace and Fenroy in particular.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2005 Fall Practice Pics

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux
    how has our stable of young RB's looked? Wallace and Fenroy in particular
    IMO of course, the few days that I have been out there, our running backs looked pretty strong. C. Johnson looks to be in great shape! All the upperclassmen appear to be focused and in good condition.they all looked real sharp during drills. Very impressed with C. Johnson's physical conditionC. Ruben may be the surprise of the group.Quick as a cat! If his "courage" meter matches his physical abilities."If" given a chance, he might be fun to watch!

As far as "underclassmen"Fenroy has been the "most" impressive to me! He is clearly the "superior" physical athlete out of the group.Good speed, agility and muscular definition. Fenroy ran a draw play during team drills that flat out gave me goose bumps! Runs with his shoulders square and low to the ground, Runs hard and aggressive, as well as very instinctive, he covers a lot of ground fast!.He's in a class of his own! Wallace may take a little time to develop.His confidence level appears low in regards to the transition from High School to College.has been redirected often.

This is my observation so far.I really expect things to change once contact begins.Upperclassmen may look great now because of their advanced exposure to the practice regiment.True colors are always flashed under live fire! We shall see!

Thanks RaginEsquire06.I haven't been able to make it out to any practices yet and you are giving a really good honest opinion about how they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGuru
    I'm not sure he meant that the DL dominated the OL during the team drills. From what I witnessed, It could hardly be called dominance when the RB's broke off at least seven runs into the secondary. I would say at this point into fall practice, the middle of the DL is still a weak position.
    When you have a defensive lineman who constantly controls the offensive player in front of him.that's domination to me! If you were paying attention.you would have noticed that there was more stops in the backfield as well as disrupted plays by the defensive players than positive runs generated by the Offense.Yeah quite a few running backs were able to maneuver their way into the secondary.some of it good blockingBUT a good deal of it was the individual talent of the RB's and MAJORITY of it was the fact that the players were not permitted to tackle! Head Coach constantly reminded his players to "Stay off the Ground!"

I'm as anxious as anyone to see the Cajuns perform wellFACT is.our Offense line is not performing very wellHopefully this will change before the season starts!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    Thanks RaginEsquire06.I haven't been able to make it out to any practices yet and you are giving a really good honest opinion about how they are doing.
    Got to get out there Clutch! You are pretty good at critiquing players.maybe I'm being too demanding

I work every afternoon but with 2 a days starting I should be able to make it out for the early practice but I'll have to play it by ear. Thanks for the compliment about critiquing though and maybe I'll see you out there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    When you have a defensive lineman who constantly controls the offensive player in front of him.that's domination to me! If you were paying attention.you would have noticed that there was more stops in the backfield as well as disrupted plays by the defensive players than positive runs generated by the Offense.Yeah quite a few running backs were able to maneuver their way into the secondary.some of it good blockingBUT a good deal of it was the individual talent of the RB's and MAJORITY of it was the fact that the players were not permitted to tackle! Head Coach constantly reminded his players to "Stay off the Ground!"

I'm as anxious as anyone to see the Cajuns perform wellFACT is.our Offense line is not performing very wellHopefully this will change before the season starts!

You must have missed the middle drill, no one was saying stay high or off the ground. Also both sides of the ball know what's coming, run only. See some of you out there this morning and afternoon.

If you were paying attention, you would have noticed that they did tackle on more then one occassion. I don't know which drill you were watching, but several times the back was hammered in the backfield. I would call that tackling. Lack of dominance is when the back breaks tackles of the DL,LB's and DB's. You must be talking about the full team drills. This drill was before full team drills and had no WR's and CB's. I was standing next to Crawfish and Boomer,they can tell you there was tackling. It's early, but I can say that it was very similar to last years performance.

Quote Originally Posted by rcajun
    You must have missed the middle drill, no one was saying stay high or off the ground. Also both sides of the ball know what's coming, run only. See some of you out there this morning and afternoon.
    It's possible.I made it out there at roughly 4:45p I'm really only interested in watching the Team drills.Don't forget.what I state is entirely opinionated.and you know the ol' saying!

It's possible.I made it out there at roughly 4:45p I'm really only interested in watching the Team drills.Don't forget.what I state is entirely opinionated.and you know the ol' saying!
    Well then how in the heck could you possibly know? At 4:45? Try to catch the other drills before you make such comments,like if I was paying attention.

Well then how in the heck could you possibly know? At 4:45? Try to catch the other drills before you make such comments,like if I was paying attention.
    I have watched the other Drills. Friday was my first time not watching the entire practiceYou directed a comment to me.I just told you how I felt! There really is no need to try to be confrontational over the internetall post are simply opinion oriented.ANYWAY.I'll be there today at 3:30 if you want to talk about football.I generally hang out where ever the RB"s go.

See ya

Charles

I have watched the other Drills. Friday was my first time not watching the entire practiceYou directed a comment to me.I just told you how I felt! There really is no need to try to be confrontational over the internetall post are simply opinion oriented.ANYWAY.I'll be there today at 3:30 if you want to talk about football.I generally hang out where ever the RB"s go.

See ya

Charles
    We can disagree,but if you are going to make such a statement then make sure that you have seen the drills. I won't be there today, I'm taking my father and Uncle to see the ,"The Great Raid." Two members of the greatest generation. :o

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We can disagree,but if you are going to make such a statement then make sure that you have seen the drills. I won't be there today, I'm taking my father and Uncle to see the ,"The Great Raid." Two members of the greatest generation. :o
    Brian, need a review of the movie

Thanx,

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Brian, need a review of the movie

Thanx,

Z.
    Zee,another great movie. If you enjoyed"Saving Private Ryan", then you will enjoy this movie. I would rate it slightly below that movie, but really good. Alot of Ole Timers at this feature, but most clapped at the end. The younger generation really needs to see this movie, if for anything a history lesson. Very little is talked about the tens of thousands the were executed by the Japaneese in China,Philippines and Southeast Asia. Not to mention the thousands KIA or injured during the battles in the South Pacific. It should be taught in context with the dropping of the bomb on Japan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information