Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: what are your expectations for this week's game (besides a W)?

Default Re: what are your expectations for this week's game (besides a W)?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    Offensive execution
    A handful of 10-15 yard pass plays for completions
    At least one big pass (40+ yards)
    175 yards rushing
    Kickoffs to the 5 yard line (that get there through the air).
    Same hard hitting defense we've been seeing

I should mention in case it isn't obvious. the sum of all these parts = A Win.
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Nothing wrong with expectations. I do think Nicholls is better than that Southern team we played. They haven't been good offensively, but their defense isn't terrible. And, it's not like our offense is lighting things up or anything like that.

The word unacceptable got to me I guess. It's all good.
    Wow Jay, i know little about nicholls which is to say that i know they are a running team that relies mostly on their QB for that running and pass it very little. Outside of that, I know nothing of their team but that Southern team had some players on offense and nicholls surely isn't very highly regarded. I wouldn't have thought they'd be considered better but i still expect us to move the ball much better on offense this week than we have thus far.

As far as style points go, i'd have to say that i do think they matter somewhat this week as this offense needs to get going and put some yards and points up. I think it tould do wonders for their confidence and would hopefully help the coaching staff finally make some decisions on depth and finalizing the starters on both sides of the ball. I also think it would do wonders in getting some of the many recruits we have visiting to get off the fence and commit with a sound performance and great crowd.

But hey, I just want to be 2-1. I really don't care how we get there. Style points don't matter, especially if the East German judge is voting.

1. No rain!
    2. No ESPN song from the band.

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    Personally, I want to sit in a full, rambunctious, rowdy, inhospitable, (add whatever other adjectives fit) student section with the same electricity we had against OSU last year. And judging from the number of confirmed attendees on the Facebook event page making it's way around, we should get just that.
    What? People sit in the student section? Haha, I'll be on the rail doing my part, hopefully its like OSU or FIU in '08. The intensity was insane for these games.

If you're always on the rail, we probably know each other by now lol

what is our southland record for the last ten years

UL Football Re: what are your expectations for this week's game (besides a W)?

Quote Originally Posted by Pup View Post
    what is our southland record for the last ten years
    Irrelevant. Hud coached UL teams are 0-0.

I expect a balanced offense and a W.

Cajuns win each quarterno more disappearing acts for stretches at a time

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    If you're always on the rail, we probably know each other by now lol
    haha maybe. i'll be wearing my UL just do it shirt around the 40. i'll look for you.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by mr. cajun View Post
    LOL .

+1

Honestly since we have a losing record vs the Southland Confernece during the last 15 years or so I just want to WIN BABY !!!!!
    Saturday nights win will be great, but not nearly as good as when we kick the living _____ out of your alma mater Tulane next year. Go play in the street *ecker wood.

Z

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    OK, Z, I expect you to have your counter there on Saturday to make sure we get an accurate count!!! LOL! See you at the Eauk on Saturday - picked up some Abita Fall Fest to see how it tastes.
    Look forward to seeing you buddy!! Look forward to a sampling of your "fall fest."

Nicholls is the worst team we will play all year, we actually have a talent advantage, and we are at home. This will be the only easy win we have all year. 38-10 Cajuns with several explosive plays.

14. Default Re: what are your expectations for this week's game (besides a W)?

The thing is that Louisiana has so many great players that can't qualify and therefore are at these schools---It makes the differential tough even with the scholly difference----We need to put them away with our old and Freshman talent!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    The thing is that Louisiana has so many great players that can't qualify and therefore are at these schools---It makes the differential tough even with the scholly difference----We need to put them away with our old and Freshman talent!!!!
    Yeah, Boom, I think this will be a tougher game than most are expecting. If for no other reason than it is an in-state school, kinda like McNeese or Southeastern. They will be geeked to try to "show us" that we're not all that. On paper, this should be a definite win for us, but as we all know, ya gotta play the game on the field, not on paper! I still think we will prevail and maybe get a little cushion late. It would be very helpful if we could jump on them early, but that is easier said than done.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information