Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nicholls athletic group plans tailgate party in Lafayette

1. Default Nicholls athletic group plans tailgate party in Lafayette

Nicholls State football coach Charlie Stubbs said it is important for the Colonels to have a good representation of fans in Cajun Field on Saturday, especially since the Cajuns (1-1) will be fired up to play at home. "The players and coaches all .

2. Default Re: Nicholls athletic group plans tailgate party in Lafayette

Should be a great day, come on over.

Default Re: Nicholls athletic group plans tailgate party in Lafayette

Very nice article. I hope Cajun Field is packed with fans, including some of the Nichols Folks. I guarantee they will enjoy Tailgating at Cajun field.

4. Default Re: Nicholls athletic group plans tailgate party in Lafayette

What do people in Thibodeux cook usually? Just askin' cause I've never been over in that area. I hope it isn't possum.

IMO, Thibodaux/Houma is the area of the state most like Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    IMO, Thibodaux/Houma is the area of the state most like Lafayette.
    This statement couldnt be anymore wrong lolol

I have spent extended time in both areas and Houma/Thibodaux area isn't near what Lafayette is. Maybe present day houma/thib = Lafayette of 1990's but not now. Even the people aren't the same, not as welcoming and very judgmental, atleast from what I experienced.

7. Default Re: Nicholls athletic group plans tailgate party in Lafayette

The people from Houma Thibodeaux are very demanding, nice, loving, but don't mind pulling out the belt when you do something wrong.

I know for a fact I have it right, because my Dad is from land smack-dab in between Houma and Thibodeaux.

Well, I lived in both. And that is how I feel. I didn't say they were identical.

Who do you think is more comparable, Lafayette & BR, Lafayette & NOLA, Lafayette & Shreveport, Lafayette & Lake Chuck, Lafayette & Monroe, Lafayette & Alexandria????

9. Default Re: Nicholls athletic group plans tailgate party in Lafayette

HoamaThib is a part of greater Acadiana.

I think its hard to compare Lafayette with any, but thats just me, Ive moved and lived in different places and always wanted to come back home to lafayette. Hated Baton Rouge, dont care much for New Orleans, Not much for the north (Texas/Arkansas/Louisiana) and Houma/Thib was decent but outside of hunting and fishing there was nothing to do.

11. Default Re: Nicholls athletic group plans tailgate party in Lafayette

Thank for clearing up any confusions that I may have had. Classes and other stuff don't give me much leeway for travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The people from Houma Thibodeaux are very demanding, nice, loving, but don't mind pulling out the belt when you do something wrong.

I know for a fact I have it right, because my Dad is from land smack-dab in between Houma and Thibodeaux.
    Shriever?

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Shriever?
    Yes. Actually you turn off at Shriever and go a mile east.

I have also heard it called Gray, and "upper" Bayou Blue. It's so upper at that point; Bayou Blue is just a ditch where only Minnows and Crawfish can survive.

For those from the area they may know the place, right where Robertson Grocery used to be. Right in the curve.

I'm somewhat familiar with the area from when I went to Nicholls. A couple of frat buddies were from Gray. Good guys.

I grew up in Houma and attended college at UL. I also have some hours from Nicholls. Both areas are very similar. Both at one time were mostly oil driven and both have diversified heavily into medical and both regions having interests in higher education. However I found that the Lafayette has retained its culture more than Houma/Thibadaux area. Growth patterns have been similar in both areas but I feel Lafayette has outpaced Houma in that area also. The cultures are distinctly different with Houma being the more coon ass down the bayou type of area and Lafayette being the more traditional cajun culture. Both have their good and bad points, but if had to choose where to move to it would be Lafayette hands down

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information