Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns Beat Kent St.

Default Cajuns Beat Kent St.

Knee-jerk analysis and glad-handing can ensue.

Default Re: Cajuns Beat Kent St.

Great first win for Coach Hud!!

IMO Gautier fits this offense better and despite some mistakes I hope he is the quarterback this season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Great first win for Coach Hud!!

IMO Gautier fits this offense better and despite some mistakes I hope he is the quarterback this season.
    Congrats to the WHOLE team on its first victory!! Now I hope that some on here can see why Gautier NEEDS to play. He may not always get it done, but he is definitely a playmaker and is better than the alternative. We just have to run the OPTION more with him and HE has to learn not to FUMBLE!! Oh, and our D played a heck of a game as well. And special thanks to Bill Bently for bringing back that.Tic, Tic, BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns4me View Post
    Congrats to the WHOLE team on its first victory!! Now I hope that some on here can see why Gautier NEEDS to play. He may not always get it done, but he is definitely a playmaker and is better than the alternative. We just have to run the OPTION more with him and HE has to learn not to FUMBLE!! Oh, and our D played a heck of a game as well. And special thanks to Bill Bently for bringing back that.Tic, Tic, BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I took a little heat last week for being in camp Gautier but all I care about is that we got a W! Like I was saying last week, Chris tends to get rattled when under pressure and BG just rolls with the punches. Come week six I might have egg on my face but for right now I think we can all agree on BG being the #1 QB.

no still with mason.

What I have learned after week two. We do not have a qb who fits HUD's system.

7. Default Re: Cajuns Beat Kent St.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    McGuire if he had the reps. The guy has gears, although I admit Gautier has a couple gears himself.

McGuire was (once) just a better thrower.

Think it's safe to say both of our qb's are capable of good and bad days. If you flip flop the 2 games then the mob would point to Masson as the best candidate to start because his bad performance would be further removed from our frontal lobes.
    I think both will and should play going forward but my opinion is as useless as all the others. HUD will make the call and hopefully ride the hot hand to at least 6 more w's.

This is what I've learned:
    QB is an issue for this team
    OL is better, but still subpar
    RB and WR about as expected
    DL vastly improved
    LB improved
    DB awesome
    Kicker awesome
    Kickoffs whatever word that is stronger than terrible

Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    McGuire if he had the reps. The guy has gears, although I admit Gautier has a couple gears himself.

McGuire was (once) just a better thrower.
    McGuire always impressed me at QB when healthy. Unfortunately he seems to be at his best when playing like his hair is on fire and he ends up getting dinged.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I took a little heat last week for being in camp Gautier but all I care about is that we got a W! Like I was saying last week, Chris tends to get rattled when under pressure and BG just rolls with the punches. Come week six I might have egg on my face but for right now I think we can all agree on BG being the #1 QB.
    The situation is very similar to a few years ago. In this offense you have to have QB who can do damage with BOTH his legs and arm. Masson did neither tonight and typically doesn't do much with his legs, where as Gautier can do damage with his legs. He just is not consistent with his arm (and has a tendency to fumble). Gautier simply is a better "fit" at the moment. Man, how good is Griffin gonna be?!

i lean towards a thinking QB. always.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Think it's safe to say both of our qb's are capable of good and bad days. If you flip flop the 2 games then the mob would point to Masson as the best candidate to start because his bad performance would be further removed from our frontal lobes.
    I think both will and should play going forward but my opinion is as useless as all the others. HUD will make the call and hopefully ride the hot hand to at least 6 more w's.
    Masson struggled against a D1A bottom feeder(in the rain). Gautier struggled against a top10 team. My worthless opinion points to Gautier(unless we continues to turn over the ball and I scream for McGuire).

I lean towards a qb who moves the ball down the field.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information